Picking up my Prima Edizione

12345678 ... 10

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

CaliberSRT4
Fantastic pictures.

The black roof and black mirrors look amazing on the bianco. Even the stripe sets its off nicely, though I think it might look just as good absent.

With the grigio these features will blend in a lot more, compared to the bianco and rosso, giving it a more subdued look.

The rosso I suspect will look horrendous, though it may with salvageable with a stripe-delete.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

CaliberSRT4
PE#454 wrote
Your car has a more pronounced rear roof spoiler than I've seen on other 500 pics (the ones I've seen are barely noticeable). And I don't recall that a spoiler was mentioned as a PE 'special item.' Are we all getting a nice spoiler like that? Or are my eyes just deceiving me?
That is the Sport rear spoiler, and yes it is more pronounced. The only thing special about it for the PE is that it is black instead of body-color.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

sjmst
My apologies, thanks for the pics.

Hate the dash.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Doodles
rbrf2 wrote
I looked at my original pictures that I didn't resize and it looks like they are painted.  I will confirm this tomorrow for you guys.

According to the letter we got on Nov 17 2010' thereis supposed to be

a  "Numbered badge on instrument panel"

I don't see it ....??

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

PE#454, the regular sport gets the larger spoiler as well, the Pop and Lounge don't, it's a spoiler of sorts, just smaller.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Its there...under the 500 logo.

Hate the dash
Hate the dash

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

rbrf2
The badge was located on the dashboard as shown below.
I will bring my higher pixel camera tomorrow and take better pictures.  I took these with my blackberry.  Quality is horrible.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

rbrf2
Sorry the picture was too big.  I don't know how to edit or delete the above post.  Here is a cropped picture.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Thank you rbrf2 for posting these photos and your graciousness and understanding! You've done a great service to all Fiat fans everywhere...

-Chris

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Giallo Edizione
MrJones wrote
I can see 19,500 reasons why one wouldn't retrofit the dash.
Not me. The stripes and the dash insert go first and fast. Sorry guys but that stripe is fugly and the interior is really drab with the grey insert. Red dash, red stitching, red exterior ( without stripe ) will work nicely. JMHO and I'm stickin' to it.

Stripe removal: free. Dash insert:$100 or so. Improvement: Priceless!

I'll keep the stock dash insert  in my attic and maybe order a spare decal  in case I ever sell it to a purist.

Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Gavin
MrJones wrote
I, too, apologize for suggesting you weren't on the up-and-up with us.

Not even the FIAT logo on the center of the steering wheel is red? Not liking the all gray/black interior. Won't look good in the rosso (my opinion).
Can we get a shot of the steering wheel from inside too...it could be red in the middle and just didn't show well at an angle and through the glass...but would be cool if dark grey...

Gavin

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Giallo Edizione
Hey wait, what's the deal with the logo in the steering wheel hub. That's supposed to be red....black FIAT logo is another sporty "cool factor"?  Now I need to see this car in person to decide. I'm not really feeling it for some of these special features of the PE. I sort of get what they are trying to do, but not getting it. It really loses the retro look in favor of Asian monocolor a la Yaris-or Chrysler 300.

Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

fredfrey
I think we all need to see the cars in person before we start to panic over a cell phone photo taken through a window. I do appreciate the photos though, so more please!

Time is getting very close now! No more Canadians feeling left behind!

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

5*(10)^2
Not replying this to Sacred Bezel (I can't figure how not to reply in order to post yet...).

I reckon we do have to see this in person. But hey, this is age of the Internet and we are allowed to express our "passion"!

As a PE holder, maybe we can step back and just be honest with ourselves here.

1. Most of us did not hesitate to put down $500. With that, they hooked us right from the start.

2. We are what they called "the die hard Fiat fans who kept Fiat alive in the US" while they were absent. They know we want to be one of the first to own one.

3. They can design and install whatever they deem as 'special' or limited. They might has well throw in a day-old sushi with a PE logo on it. Chances are most of we will still buy them and probably think we have something special.

4. Throw in some glittering badges and whoa, that's our first edition, a limited production of 500.

5. The rather sad reality is we have to depend on a fellow PE holder to take pictures and post them here. Fiat can't even at the very least provide one decent picture of the PE interior from the start.

Here's a conspiracy for the fun of it. The red stitching interior and the graphic bezel are part of some left over inventory from an unwanted or defunct interior design project. But of course enough to produce about 1000 cars (500 for us and 500 for the Canadian market). Badges are cheap to produce.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

777joee
The Prima Edizione has the larger spoiler the Sport model has. The Prima Badge is on the side between the windows on the pilar.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

sam500
I have no idea why so many people seem to think that the stripe/interior/whatever will look terrible specifically on the rosso. I personally like what I've seen so far in terms of the exterior (I happen to like  how the black stripe looks on red quite a bit). In fact, it was this red/black theme (calipers, wheels, stripe, stitching) that drew me to the red in the first place.

Now, I am not entirely sure how I feel about the interior, but this would be the case regardless of the body color. I am a huge proponent of the i/p bezel matching the exterior. Nonetheless, as I said, red stitching against black leather very much continues the outside color scheme inside, and graphite kinda works with the sporty nature of it all. Kinda reminds me of the tributto abarth, actually. That said, I really need to see it in person... I'd be lying if I didn't say that I am a bit disappointed :(

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

sam500

Gavin: There is a hint of red in the pictures, so I think think this is exactly the case. I don't see why they would only change the one the steering wheel, when the other ones look. Then again, I didn't see why they would decide to change the iconic matching i/p bezel.

Gavin wrote

Gavin

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

sam500
Anything look familiar? Here's a picture from the Gucci Fiat 500! Thanks to autoblog for the pic.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Doodles
I'm reserving any real opinion until I see the car in person.

However, colorful as  the dash could be, (red,white) I wonder if it would

eventually get annoying staring at a bright red or white dash all the time while you're driving. I could see myself wearing sunglasses to cut down on the "glare".

Just something to think about; again I wouldn't know until I see it.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Doodles
I'm reserving any real opinion until I see the car in person.

However, colorful as  the dash could be, (red,white) I wonder if it would

eventually get annoying staring at a bright red or white dash all the time while you're driving. I could see myself wearing sunglasses to cut down on the "glare".

Just something to think about; again I won't know until I see it.

12345678 ... 10