Picking up my Prima Edizione

1 ... 345678910

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Doodles
I'm reserving any real opinion until I see the car in person.

However, colorful as  the dash could be, (red,white) I wonder if it would

eventually get annoying staring at a bright red or white dash all the time while you're driving. I could see myself wearing sunglasses to cut down on the "glare".

Just something to think about; again I won't know until I see it.

Just something to think about; again I won't know until I see it.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Thad
This dash is exactly what I was expecting. It has always said it would be a graphite dash panel. Why is anybody surprised that it is not body color?
So, after reading this whole thread, where exactly is this car anyway besides being in Canada? Does the vin end in the Prima number?

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

sjmst
Denial. That includes me.

Well, the stripes and dash are easily and cheaply changed, but I will give it a chance first.

Thad, your Prima number is the last 3 digits of your VIN.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Mike S
They called it a graphite bezel which could mean almost anything.

I will wait until I see it in the flesh to decide if I will take it or take a red sport when they come in. I feel as if Fiat has screwed us. This is not a special experience. We only know what the car looks like because someone took pictures of theirs yesterday and is getting delivery today.

We still hear nothing from Fiat.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

rbrf2
Just checked out my vin and yes it ends with your edition number.

To follow all new pictures.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

sjmst
Wow, you might be the very first Prima delivery..actually the first new 500 owner in North America!
This is a big thing, congrats!

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Giallo Edizione
Doodles wrote
I'm reserving any real opinion until I see the car in person.

However, colorful as  the dash could be, (red,white) I wonder if it would

eventually get annoying staring at a bright red or white dash all the time while you're driving. I could see myself wearing sunglasses to cut down on the "glare".

Just something to think about; again I won't know until I see it.
Actually I am now thinking that the right replacement dash insert color for Rosso PE would be gloss Black to continue the black roof, mirror, stripe and wheel theme.

What they seem to have done is copy the MINI aged metallic look dash from the first Gen new MINI. Later, they started using ( as an option) "Piano Black" which looks really sharp. I think that idea should work in the FIAT as well.

The custom "xxx of 500" logo can no doubt be removed with a hair dryer and some fishing line and reattached to the replacement dash insert .

The other thing that can be done is have custom "wraps" made for the stock graphite dash insert. There are graphic shops that can do just about any design. If and when ready to selll car, just peel off the wrap and voila, fresh new stock dash insert.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Thad
I wonder how they will differentiate between USA and Canada vins.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Alvon Elrod
I thought Canada had their own separate special Prima Edizione deal.  Is this a USA Prima or a Canada Prima?  Confused.   . . . . and jealous!!   ;>)

Congrats!

Alvon

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

rbrf2
driverside
driverside2
driverrear
rear500
rearlights
passengerrear
passengerrear2
rearlogo
frontfender
headlight
mirror
driverseat
backseat
driverbottomseat
leatherclothseat
rearviewsunroof
badge
driversunroof
driverview
steering
steeringwheel2
exteriorsunroof
undercar
tire

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

sjmst
Thank you!!! Great pics. And that dash actually looks nice after all!
Best pics ever of the new 500!!

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Thad
I'm liking it! Do you know if there are holes now in your front bumper fascia for the front plate?

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Gavin
This one is in Canada....so truthfully the US version could be (minimally) different.

Likely it will be same visually, but the dash could, maybe, likely not though, different.

The graphite is fine with the Grigio...I, personally, might be pissed with it on the white or red model...I like the matching dash...part of what makes the 500 special and retro and nice...

that said...the 500 supposively has 500,000 options...so in reality our Primas will be less special in a way to the standard 500s....almost all red Primas will be the same...all white primas will be the same etc etc...only the sunroof will make a difference in models (don't count the engine heater...who sees that?)....so a red lounge vs another red lounge is likely to have much more variation than a grey Prima vs a grey Prima.

In a way the funky dash makes the prima a bit more unique than just having the standard dash...

still it surprises me...the dash is a huge part of the 500 visually....luckily for me it should go nicely with the grigio...

i still think the Fiat logo in the steering wheel will be red...a better inside photo will help decide that issue...hint hint :)

Gavin

oops...photos appeared while i was typing...fiat in steering is red... :)

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

sketch
Gentlemen... behold! The steering wheel logo is red!

I love that red stitching, especially on the steering wheel.  The blackened pockets improve the already great sport wheels a good bit, too, I think.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

sketch
Thad wrote
I'm liking it! Do you know if there are holes now in your front bumper fascia for the front plate?
Oh no. I'm calling Shreveport RIGHT NOW.  My Prius's bumper still has holes in it.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Gavin
very nice photos....Thanks so much....

I like how you answered all our questions in photos....red logo on steering wheel...black painted mirrors...nice views of dash and logo....nice view looking up at sunroof :)

thanks again...and enjoy your Prima...

Gavin

edit...gah, yes about the front bumper...New Mexico does not have front plates...please please please, no holes in the front....

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Thad
In Pennsylvania we do not use a front plate. Many dealers however, will use the factory front bracket to put a plate for their dealership in there. I don't want the holes punched in my bumper!

@Alvon, there are two separate sets of Primas for US and Canada. I'm guessing there will be a digit in the vin that distinguishes US vs Canada and the last three digits can still be the same as the Prima #.

Exactly.  We don't have front plates in Louisiana, my Toyota dealership didn't even bother putting a front plate on, but they just had to drill that bracket into the damn car!

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

5*(10)^2
Another minor diff is the floormats. I believe the Canadian PE has 500 logo stitching. Ours should be a PE logo.
1 ... 345678910