Picking up my Prima Edizione

1 ... 45678910

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

MrJones
Mike S wrote
They called it a graphite bezel which could mean almost anything.
I agree.

The problem I have is that the body-colored dash is the quintessential feature of the 500 (overall styling notwithstanding). To be honest, I didn't know what "graphite instrument bezel" really meant and assumed something different.
That's not to say this doesn't look nice (especially for a grigio), but not what I was hoping for.
FWIW, I'm probably the only one here who doesn't think it will look good on the rosso (and my opinion doesn't have much influence around here!)
As far as removing the stripe and replacing the dash. ???? This car is already $19.5K and now to add more? Removing the stripe=throwing away money.

I love the rame with marrone interior! I'll probably go with that one.

P.S.--is anybody else noticing the forum site has slowed to a crawl?

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

5*(10)^2
Mr Jones,

I have a rosso too and this graphite did take me by surprise. But since most of my other cars have dark/grayish interior, I have no qualms about the PE dash.

Yep, you said it, ie "body-colored dash is the quintessential feature". And to Fiat, swapping that to a boring graphite gray is what makes it special.

Is it a wise move on their part? Probably not but daring.

And what about the rest of the PE holders who haven't even checked out the pictures? Maybe Fiat should document that on video when they pick theirs up at the dealerships.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Giallo Edizione
MrJones wrote
Mike S wrote
They called it a graphite bezel which could mean almost anything.

I love the rame with marrone interior! I'll probably go with that one.

P.S.--is anybody else noticing the forum site has slowed to a crawl?
The Sport doesn't come in any interior color but black/grey. The other interior choices only come on Pop and Lounge I believe.

There will be an aftermarket for dash inserts I'll bet. So if you bought a red one, you could likely re-sell it if and when you sold the car ( if I had a black 500 I'd certainly want to put in a red dash for example). Stripes probably don't matter to most used buyers unless they are purists. Yes, stripes are part of the $500 or so excess for PE over similarly optioned Sport so in theory some money "thrown away". Meh.

and yes, crawling off and on.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Giallo Edizione
5*(10)^2 wrote
Mr Jones,

IAnd what about the rest of the PE holders who haven't even checked out the pictures? Maybe Fiat should document that on video when they pick theirs up at the dealerships.
Um, the video of their reactions might not be "work safe."
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

MrJones
Sacred Bezel wrote
Not entirely true. If the Fiat build-your-own site is correct (and who knows anymore, right?), all  exterior colors but red, white and pearl white allow brown/grey interior.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

MrJones
rbrf2 wrote
I just got back from the dealership.  The doc fees are some kind of warranty for the tires/rims, insurance coverage in case the car is stolen, they will give me $4000 on top of the insurance company.  They tried to explain it, but said they will give me a printed document what the documentation covers.  I think it's just called incorrectly on the invoice.  I'm still trying for them to remove it.
I'm still very interested in these "doc fees" they're adding on. Any luck getting an explanation? Based on one of your photos you submitted, it looks like you're at Downsview Chrysler in Toronto? Do they have a good rep in town?

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

rbrf2
I should mention a few things I noticed.

In the owners manual it says 40L Tank.  octane 87 acceptable,  91 recommended.

In the pictures look at the driver seat, you'll see a lever on the bottom left of the seat, that is a pump for adjusting the height of the seat.  It doesn't go up or down much but does raise.

Also if you want to recline or adjust the back rest of the chair, you'll find it on the right side near the belt lock.  If was awkward at first I'm used to it on the left instead it's on the right.  If you look at the pictures you'll be able to see the passengers lever.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Giallo Edizione
<quote author="Sacred Bezel">
<Actually I am now thinking that the right replacement dash insert color for Rosso PE would be gloss Black to continue the black roof, mirror, stripe and wheel theme.

What they seem to have done is copy the MINI aged metallic look dash from the first Gen new MINI. Later, they started using ( as an option) "Piano Black" which looks really sharp. I think that idea should work in the FIAT as well.

The custom "xxx of 500" logo can no doubt be removed with a hair dryer and some fishing line and reattached to the replacement dash insert .
</quote>

Like this:

 I stand corrected.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

5*(10)^2
That Piano Black does look sharp! Good find!

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Alvon Elrod
It seems that it doesn't come with the compact spare tire  (I don't see it in the picture of the underside of the car).

From what I gather, the PE comes with these features that are not standard for the Sport:
1) Black :  accents on the wheels, mirrors, side stripe, roof, rear spoiler
2) Grey :  insturment panel bezel (called graphite)
3) Red :  thread color on the seats
3) Automatic Temperature control
4) Sirius satellite radio
5) Special emblems on the seats, the dash, the outside B pillar, and the floor mats
6) Security alarm

The PE package is $1500, and destination is $500, for a net adder of $2000 over the std $17500 price for the Sport.

Out of all the above, the only item that I would normally feel inclined to pay extra for is the Automatic Temperature control, let's say $250 adder for that.  This means that I'm paying a net $1250 additional to get list of items that I don't really want, just so I can say that I bought one of the first few cars, and have #18 on my dash.  Yeh, I guess I am crazy!  Let the Adventure start!
Alvon Elrod, #18 White, no sunroof
1970 Fiat 124 spider

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

MrJones
Alvon Elrod wrote
The PE package is $1500, and destination is $500, for a net adder of $2000 over the std $17500 price for the Sport.
Actually, net of $1500. You have desitination (delivery) for non-Prima Sport as well (so $18K sport vs $19.5K PE)

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Gavin
and red stitching on the steering wheel...

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

sketch
Think about it this way: this, not the Sport, is the one that's gonna be fetching $100,000 (2050 value) on the Barrett-Jackson in forty years! :P

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Alvon Elrod
Ha!  $100K in 2050 is about 4% investment gain per year.  Ya think I might do better investing in mutual funds?  ;>)

Alvon Elrod, #18 White, no sunroof
1970 Fiat 124 spider

Ah, but you can't drive a mutual fund around for 39 years! :D

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

MrJones wrote
... P.S.--is anybody else noticing the forum site has slowed to a crawl?

Yep, I noticed that. But hang in there because there's a new vBulletin, full function forum that I'm beta testing;)

Thanks
-Chris

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Doesn't look too bad to swap out a "bezel".

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

sam500
Goodness, I'm SO torn about this!! I wanted to be in love with this car, and I just don't know if I am... Kinda considering going back to square one and maybe just getting a regular sport? I did the math, and with comparable accessories and destination the difference in price is negligible, but still. I don't want to have to change the dash, or remove and re-apply badges, or whatever. I just want something that I can get, and be really excited about. I want to change my mind about the graphite dash. I do love the red stitching. The stripe has grown on me. The mirrors and roof I like. But that bezel...

I need to see this car in person ASAP! I want to fall in love with it. Also, unfortunately, I may have to come up with a backup plan.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

sjmst
sam500 wrote
Goodness, I'm SO torn about this!! I wanted to be in love with this car, and I just don't know if I am... Kinda considering going back to square one and maybe just getting a regular sport? I did the math, and with comparable accessories and destination the difference in price is negligible, but still. I don't want to have to change the dash, or remove and re-apply badges, or whatever. I just want something that I can get, and be really excited about. I want to change my mind about the graphite dash. I do love the red stitching. The stripe has grown on me. The mirrors and roof I like. But that bezel...

I need to see this car in person ASAP! I want to fall in love with it. Also, unfortunately, I may have to come up with a backup plan.
I'm with you, I have the same feelings.
I don't like:

The dash...though that can be changed
The stripes..though those could be removed
The wheels...yep. Don't like the black pockets. Prefer the gray of the regular sport.
The Prima logo on the dash. Looks cheap; the regular 500 looks classier.
The experience.

Now, I am a huge Fiat fan, and I think most Prima buyers will be very happy.
This is just me. All a matter of taste
And all of the above can be fixed. So, I am torn about what to do.

1 ... 45678910