Picking up my Prima Edizione

1234567 ... 10

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Wimbledon
sjmst wrote
Psst...we suspect the poster may be messing with us!
Thanks, I edited my post to reflect that.
Also join us on the Fiat Scene forums

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

sjmst
Check this out, from one of the other boards. This is a UK Diesel car's interior. Car is blue and dash is an aluminium-like color. So Fiat DOES deviate from the color keyed dash.
This actually doesn't look bad.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

rbrf2
I have the pics and I'm not scamming or lying to anyone.  That's okay, I forgive you all here are all the pics that I just took.

How do I post pictures?  Let me look and see how to show you guys all the pictures.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

sjmst
Sorry if I jumped to conclusions. Would love to see the pics. See the insert images tab at the top of the new message box. Then browse the pics in your pictures folder and insert. Thanks!

--------------------------

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Gavin
simple enough...if you have the photos on your desktop...just use the insert image that is above where you type your message....

Look forward to your photos.

Gavin

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

rbrf2
The manager was gone so I was only able to take exterior pictures with some interior through the window.  Tomorrow morning I'll take interior pictures.  They have the car in the showroom as it's the first one in Canada.  I pick it up Fri or Sat.

Well guys here are the pictures you have all been waiting for.
Any questions let me know.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

sketch
Looks like I've got some shoes to eat...

But... would you kill me if I said I kinda like it?  It looks good.  I wonder if it has a unique texture.

More importantly than that, though, the black roof looks AWESOME on the white!

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Gavin
You are the BOMB :)

Nice photos.

Need time to look them over...seems dash is Grey...fine for me with the Grigio

Are the side mirrors painted black or vinyl covered in black

THANKS

Gavin

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

rbrf2
I looked at my original pictures that I didn't resize and it looks like they are painted.  I will confirm this tomorrow for you guys.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Gavin
ps...that White looks great (almost got white...but I think I will love the grigio :) )

And the stripe is growing on me...I like it on the white, I think I will like it on the gray (haven't seen a whole gray prima image in the wild...just mock ups and such.)

Thanks again...if you get inside the car, close up of dash and seats...and a view up from seat to sunroof :)  nobody ever does a photo up from the seat to roof....

thanks...I'm jealous

Gavin

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

MrJones
I, too, apologize for suggesting you weren't on the up-and-up with us.

Not even the FIAT logo on the center of the steering wheel is red? Not liking the all gray/black interior. Won't look good in the rosso (my opinion).

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

5*(10)^2
Very cool! Thanks for posting the pics!

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

sketch
MrJones wrote
Not even the FIAT logo on the center of the steering wheel is red? Not liking the all gray/black interior. Won't look good in the rosso (my opinion).
Good observation.  The inside of the car is pretty stealth... which is cool, just not what I expected.  Fits well with the "sport model" motif, though.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

prima 109
I too apologize, the chick at Fiat said their Ca people haven't called their reservists yet.  You have to admit, it did sound suspect.  With the tire/rim warraunty and such,still suprised Canada has their first one and the US hasn't had any that we know of.  The graphite IP panel my still be color keyed for us as we have the infamous "bezel" on our list of features.

Craig
Craig #109 Rosso with sunroof/post assembly block heater.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

5*(10)^2
I actually like the stealth look. But I can see why folks prefer the body colored bezel. It brightens up the interior and can be very Italian especially with bright colors like yellow, red etc.

And I don't see why one can't retrofit one with a body colored piece down the road.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

MrJones
I can see 19,500 reasons why one wouldn't retrofit the dash.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

PE#454
The white does look great, and the black stripe does look really sharp with it (still not sure how it will look on the red.)

Questions:

Where on the car is the PE badge located? It's hard to tell from the pic.

Your car has a more pronounced rear roof spoiler than I've seen on other 500 pics (the ones I've seen are barely noticeable). And I don't recall that a spoiler was mentioned as a PE 'special item.' Are we all getting a nice spoiler like that? Or are my eyes just deceiving me?

ETA: This is addressed to rbrf2; I just replied to Gavin's post re: the white/black combo.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

sketch
The Prima Edizione badge is on the (massive) B-pillars.

Re: Picking up my Prima Edizione

Doodles
sjmst wrote
rbrf2 wrote
I just got back from the dealership.  The doc fees are some kind of warranty for the tires/rims, insurance coverage in case the car is stolen, they will give me $4000 on top of the insurance company.  They tried to explain it, but said they will give me a printed document what the documentation covers.  I think it's just called incorrectly on the invoice.  I'm still trying for them to remove it.

So my car arrived today at the dealership and will be picking it up tomorrow.  I went in to see it.  The liquid graphite dash is a grayish colour, it's not matched to the colour of the vehicle which in my case is white.

I will take photos tomorrow morning and post them here for everyone to see.
WHAT? The dash is Gray? WTF. Anxiously await pics...oh, and of course congratulations!
doodles :  I said the dash would be gray/graphite.
the P E's are special models.