Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

1234567 ... 38

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

marcants1977
Still no Call yet here in Colorado....Feeling left out for sure.....Thanks...
Sandro
Prima #332
1988 Alfa Romeo Milano Verde, 1991 164, 1976 Alfa Spider

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

sjmst
They said that this can go on 'till the 25th, so don't worry!

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

sam500
Yeah, I just got my call a few minutes ago. I think they have a dartboard with all our names, and going at it!

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

sjmst
Must be "Sam" day

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

FiATL
Hey Bill, where in the ATL area are you?  I'm in Roswell, and Maria from Fiat basically made it sound like the ONLY place I could get mine was from Team Fiat of Buford.  I've spoken to someone at the Don Jackson (Fiat of South Atlanta) store and someone at the Fiat of Marietta (which is going to be in Phipps Plaza so I'm hoping for a name change on that one.

I don't mind going to Buford but I've tried talking to them twice and have not had much of a response.

Patiently awaiting delivery.
Chris B
Roswell GA
Sport 5 speed.  Verde Oliva w/ Marrone
Ordered: 4/8  Delivered 5/25

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

MrJones
My call finally came a couple hours ago. I wasn't available to answer it. Maybe I'll call them back, or maybe I'll just string 'em along like they've done to us?
The area code was 905 (Toronto).

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Vlad92
Nothing here in Nebraska either!  Maybe they are working inward from the coasts.

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Carabinieri
Howdy, Chris.

I'm in Inman Park, downtown.

I really didn't much care about which dealer -- mostly because I'm so ambivalent about taking delivery -- thus I didn't quibble with "Laura" when she said Union City today.  Besides, our MINI gets serviced next door at BMW/MINI of South Atlanta, so not bad for me if I do get it.

They may be trying to "spread" the PE deliveries among the several metro-Atlanta "studios."

Maybe we'll have an Atlanta PE rally one day ourselves.

Bill
Nei Secoli Fedele

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Hi All,

I received my call today (Tuesday).  Pretty quick call, just that my car is being shipped to Fiat of Larchmont.  They said in the standard 17-21 days. I asked if I could ship it elsewhere and they said yes, just let them know.  I told them I'd call back later in the day and they said it wouldn't delay the shipping.

I made a call down to Larchmont, and by stroke of luck, talked with Alfredo Gulla, the dealer principal.  Alfredo was a Fiat dealer for many, many years, opening in the early 60's. He was there in the good times and the bad times, but always remained a Fiat enthusiast.  He's very excited that Fiat is back, and I feel confident in picking my car up from him.

I called ciaofiat back up and confirmed Larchmont. The person on the phone seemed to have more information and said figure 14 days, and the dealer should be calling within that time.  She also said that the dashboard would be graphite color and not body colored. She seemed confident in that, but I'm still waiting for another confirmation from Fiat USA.

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

sam500
This is really interesting Chris. The girl I spoke with said that she wasn't sure what the bezel was, or what color dash we were getting, and that there were a number of different opinions on the matter among the reps. Did she tell you where she got the info?

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Gavin
A simple photo (since the Primas are made) would end all this discussion.

:)

Gavin

(heck, even if the Primas aren't made, we know the part is already made...just a photo of the part would end all this....though I have no qualms either way...graphite dash or grigio dash...both will look wicked on the Grigio Prima :)  )

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Olga
I received the call and was given a local dealer about 40 miles away but when I called I found that they had a 600.00 dealer fee. I called two other dealers and one told me they would wave the fees so I called Fiat and had my delivery changed. Don't take outrageous dealer fees as a necessary evil make sure you at least report dealers with outrageous fees to Fiat. Anything above 150.00 I think is outrageous.

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Minuszka
Olga, my dealer charges $ 500.-. I can't call any other dealer. The one that is actually closer to me isn't authorized to deliver Primas. There doesn't seem to be any option.  So far I asked two dealers and both strongly declined any flexibility. I guess you're lucky that one dealer agreed to wave the fee.
I also think that Fiat's apporach is that they don't care about this. I feel stuck, neither a dealer option, or flexibility by the dealer, nor Fiat's support in this.

Maybe you can check with Fiat about the home delivery. I understand it costs 500.00.
I am having to go 200 miles but I am not paying outrageous dealer fees. I was ready to cancel the purchase and I let Fiat know that. They gave me other alternatives as far as dealers and I called all. It is a pain but it saved me 600.00 plus the satisfaction of not being extorted.

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Minuszka
Olga, some say that the home delivery is covered by Fiat, others that it costs 500. Maybe it is 500 but not to be paid by the customer. I"m not a big fan of the home delivery and it wouldn't save the doc fee.
What state are you in and what state did you ended up with to save the 600? I would call other dealers, but there is none nearby, + all neighboring states have "no limit" on doc fees. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

sketch
Yeah, the guy at the dealer in Shreveport explicitly stated that they would cover the home delivery fee, which is great.  As much as I'd love to start my Fiat experience with a 350-mile blast down the highways of Louisiana, I'm not sure I'd be able to find someone else who was so into it and available on such short notice.

I am in Florida
If you are close I can give you the name and phone number of the dealer.

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

marcants1977
Fiat will Cover 500 dollars for home delivery less than 50 miles and $750 dollars for delivery over 50 miles. Don't get gouged on this....
Sandro
Prima #332

Thanks. It is interesting, FL has also no limits on doc fee, yet the dealer you've found agreed to lower it. I'm a couple of states away from FL.

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

marcants1977
I finally had to call the Ciao Fiat today myself as nobody had called me yet.  The lady I talked to told me I have to have Fiat of Torrance California do the paperwork then the car will go to Fiat of North Phoenix for Delivery?  Interesting since I live in Colorado.....I am so pissed this doesn't make any sense.  The only thing I can think of is since the Dealer that is 5 minute from my house is not ready yet and won't be until 2012 which (Fiat of Westminster which is an Autonation dealer), that they are trying to keep the money inside the Autonation Group and screwing me in the meantime.....

And the real kicker is that Fiat of Torrance has no contact information available and a call to the Chrysler Dealer in Torrance and nobody had any idea of any Fiat Dealership happening there..!!!!!!?????

Guido Sarduchi