Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

123456 ... 38

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Vlad92 wrote
Congrats!  I’m jealous…  seems like everyone is getting called but me!  Where’s my call Fiat???

I feel like I’m back in high school and I just left a message on the answering machine of the prettiest girl in school asking if she would go out with me… and now I’m waiting for that call back!!!
That is so funny!  I know the feeling, the phone just rang and I jumped out of my seat!

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

  I'm thinking they are going by last names? Mine starts with a V.

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

sketch
Mine starts with an S.

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

OH NO my name is Zachary Zzylosky...

j/k.

My last name starts with "G"

I bet we'd never figure out the ryhme or reason.

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Carabinieri
Got the call today.  Sort of.

Unfortunately, my droid had committed (assisted) suicide on Friday, and my replacement had gotten here, but was charging.

So, the CSR called my home phone, which we never answer, as, even tho we are on the no-call list,  it's always telemarketers of one political or charitable sort or another. So,  missed the call.

But, get this, the v/m said my white Prima would be delivered soon, etc.

WHITE?  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!  I ordered RED.  I sometimes think that Italy is the Korea of Europe: the Land of Almost Right.  But I still love it.

I had not considered any other color, and the odds of me having selected white, even by mistake, are only a little better than me winning Powerball ... and I don't play.

If Laura personally calls and apologizes , I may reconsider, but, while I'll go look for the fun of it, and may cave, think that was the final "no go" sign.

Maybe it's also a signal to wait for the Abarth.

Bill
Nei Secoli Fedele

Hey... odd question.  If you call them back, can you find out whether your car has a sunroof?  :D

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Vlad92
I called the number (it's actually ending 6324).  Was on hold for 10 minutes.  The agent could not pull up my delivery information as it is currently assigned in the queue of another agent.  I was able to update my profile to add my mobile number (so if they call when I'm at work we don't end up playing phone tag).  She said "next couple of days max" for a call.  Will see!

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

sam500
Maybe the caller misspoke and mixed up the colors? What do your emails from FIAT show (as in the color-specific ones)? If they're actually giving you the wrong color PE, you have more than enough reason to be pissed, but chances are you're still getting a red?

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

sjmst
sam500 wrote
Maybe the caller misspoke and mixed up the colors? What do your emails from FIAT show (as in the color-specific ones)? If they're actually giving you the wrong color PE, you have more than enough reason to be pissed, but chances are you're still getting a red?
I agree with this.

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Mike S
The number I dialed  ended with 6342.

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

sketch
Same number as always, I'm sure.

CIA-OFIA(T)
242-6342

:)

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

CIAO RR
Hello everyone!

I received a call today from FIAT asking where the PE should be delivered.  When I mentioned to her (not Maria) that I discussed this issue last week, I was told that the FIAT Studio in Cherry Hill, NJ would not be ready for the delivery and I will need to select another location.  OK, so now I will need to drive to Wilmington, DE to get the car.

I was also told that the dealer will be calling me in the next week or two to work out the details.  I asked about delivery, and all I was told that they needed to be delivered by April 30th.

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Carabinieri
Here's the only info I got when I ordered:

CONFIRMATION

You just reserved your very own limited edition Cinquencento, #160 of 500 very special vehicles - some of the first Fiat 500's to arrive in America

Vehicle # 160

Transaction # 10000114

Amount: $500 (charged to your credit card)

Thank you

=========

Certainly could be re "mispoke."  I'm not upset.  If anything, bemused.

Reminds me of dealing with the FIAT regional folks in Italy, when I lived there.  My 131's speedo/odo died. It was out of warranty.  Because mine had US specs (and that's another whole story), I finally got an appointment at this address I almost couldn't find in the heart of then-commie Padova.  Strange, seedy, industrial/residential area in a crummy part of town.  When I pull up to a relatively nondescript warehouse sort of door, it opens.  Was like pulling into a bay of the Battlestar Galactica!  Huge.  Brilliant white.  Guys in smocks with clipboards.  Amazing.

But, that's not why I mention it.  So ... I finally get "my" guy with the smock & clipboard.  He is expecting me.  He asks me: "Why do you wish to replace the speedo?  It does nothing.  You do not need it, do you?"  I said, "Erm ... because I want to know how fast I am going, and because I wish to keep track of mileage." He stares at me.  "Why?"  I must admit I had no answer.

He said it was expensive and that he did not want to do it.  I said it was my money.  He said -- I am NOT making this up -- "That would be wrong."  Hmmmmmm.  Eventually, and only because I convinced him it was a requirement for me to return the car to the USA, did he relent.  Cost about $150.

I love Italy, Italians, and Italian machines.
Nei Secoli Fedele

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Gavin
Gah....got the call today around 11:30 AM....was not at home and didn't check the answering machine till after 9 PM....Grrrrr...I assumed they would call my cell phone since that is what they called to offer me a Prima way back when....

Robin, Robyn called. Will call them tomorrow.

Gavin

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

sjmst
Gavin wrote
Gah....got the call today around 11:30 AM....was not at home and didn't check the answering machine till after 9 PM....Grrrrr...I assumed they would call my cell phone since that is what they called to offer me a Prima way back when....

Robin, Robyn called. Will call them tomorrow.

Gavin
So, Gavin, did you call back, what the deal?

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Giallo Edizione
Got my call yesterday, returned call today. All set, correct color, to be delivered to FIAT of Peabody (Kelly Group near Boston). 7-21 days was their statement about delivery time for PE #311, but that sounded like a script book answer. I have been in touch with dealer and they say they will open doors on or about 3/1 with some demos and inventory for sale.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Gavin
Yes...called today....Car going to El Paso....which is far, but ok. The dealer is great and has emailed me almost everyday.

Some good info from the dealership:

Current fees charged on New Mexico deals are as follows:
NM tax 3%. $150 Doc fee, $5 Service fee, $76 License fee, $33 Title fee.
so about 250 in fees...plus tax...but New Mexico new car tax is super low.

Current rates are as low as 2.9. Average rate for 60 months is 2.9 to 3.5.
So nice low financing is available. No info on leasing yet. I have never leased before...and leasing a collectors car like the Prima would be a bit silly...the only reason I might lease is I plan to get an EV 500 or Volvo C30 EV as soon as one or the other comes out....so a 2 or 3 year lease would not be a horrid idea for me since the Prima is a short term car for me (I usually run a car till it dies).

Gavin

Gavin

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Just got "the call"

The dealer will be Fiat of Westbury. About 10 miles from my house.
She said 17-21 days.

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Carabinieri
Called the 800 line a few minutes ago.

Was told #160 is, as ordered, red, and that first CSR had, indeed, said "white," but was wrong.

This CSR (I pretended she was Laura S.  ) said dealer -- "Don Jackson Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram" in Union City (south Atlanta) -- would call "soon" with specifics.

Was surprised, on looking dealer up on web, to see that neither the Chrysler mother site http://www.chrysler.com/en/ nor that dealer, http://www.donjacksoncdj.com/, mentions FIAT.

We shall see.  The MINI has been in the garage for almost three months under a dust cover and on batttery tender.  Took it out yesterday for a romp and Kathi drove it to school today.  Hard to beat that car for fun, but I plan to see if the dealer has a demo to try first.  Who knows what will be.

Bill
Nei Secoli Fedele
123456 ... 38