Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

12345 ... 38

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

cinquecento
I have just been called by a representative of FIAT; I had some trouble hearing what she was saying as I was in a coffee shop, but basically she said the actual dealer in question (Brooklyn Center, MN) would be calling me in the next week and that the car should be arriving in roughly 17-21 days.  I'm surprised no one else has posted being called yet as I'm Prima # 398.

The number showed up on my phone as "Unknown," so don't screen your calls today!
398 -> 24

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

sjmst
Whoo hoo thanks for the heads up...and congrats!!

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Gavin
Great news...do you know when that Studio is opening?

I was just informed by the local dealer that they can't accept any deliveries until their building is done (8 months or so away)...So I'm not sure where my car will go...

Gavin

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

sjmst
Gavin wrote
Great news...do you know when that Studio is opening?

I was just informed by the local dealer that they can't accept any deliveries until their building is done (8 months or so away)...So I'm not sure where my car will go...

Gavin
So, once again, mixed messages. Some can deliver without the studio completed, some can't?

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Gavin
Not only that, but they are getting a demo car this month...so why have a demo car at a dealership, but not take any orders or even accept a Fiat Prima sale??

Anyhoo...guess I will know soon enough...

I gather we will be called based on having a local studio available...so people like me will go last...which is ok...but does it really make that much difference? if i get a call today or i get a call next week, not really much difference since my local studio isn't opening till Fall.

Gavin

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

cinquecento
Oh, and also I asked about potential delivery to another (the Milwaukee) dealer (6 hours away) if they'd be able to physically get me the car sooner (my dealer says opening March), but she didn't seem to know any details--appears the next step is the call from the dealer.  I wonder, however, how amenable the dealer would be to losing the sale of the vehicle.  It may end up being a moot point I guess if my dealer opens soon enough.
398 -> 24

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

sketch
Shame some of the dealers are being like that... Mine assured me that he would be able to sell and service the car, and they haven't even chosen a building.  Waiting for that call...

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Minuszka
I just got the call too. It appears that only 65 or so of the dealerships are authorized to deliver PEs. We were told that they will be taken to the nearest Fiat dealer and I have one near by that is getting the first demo car tomorrow, and will have the studio up and running around May 1st, but the 2.5 hours distance studio was selected by Fiat instead. The rest is the same as above noted..."dealer will call next week or so, 17-21 days for the actual delivery time etc."
They can also deliver it to my house, in that case not much of a Fiat experience of course. The dealer when I called them earlier today, wanted to pass that charge to me and stated that I'd have to be paying for that, but the Fiat representative said that it will be covered by Fiat. So, unsure and conflicting info on that too.
This dealer that will get my car is charging a $500 doc fee, that another thread on this site designated as way to much. LA Motor village is only charging $ 55 for doc fee, but it looks like I don't have a choice...

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Giallo Edizione
No call yet by FIAT but my preferred dealer ( Kelly Group-North of Boston) told me they expect their Studio to be open and operational on March 1 and that my PE should arrive there within 7-21 days from the date I inform FIAT which dealer I am selecting.

Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Minuszka
While I was editing my post the thread continued so let me post it again, that those interested are not missing it:

See, I was too under the impression that I'd be able to select a dealership. It wasn't the case.

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Gavin
so dealer delivery or home delivery...maybe.

Ok, will wait for call and see what they offer. Kinda fun...kinda... ;)

Gavin

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Gavin
Well I haven't heard from Fiat yet...but Fiat of El Paso has told me they would be happy to be my dealer. So, unless Fiat suddenly adds Albuquerque as a Prima site, vs a this fall winter dealer, well...

 I will likely have to go about 260 miles to get my Prima...not horrid, but my local dealer is literally 2 miles from my house...so having to cross state lines to get my Prima is a bit sad...

Luckily the Fiat Studio in El Paso has been very supportive and great with answering my emails.

We already have our systems programmed to have both the Texas and New Mexico taxes.  If you are registering your vehicle in NM, then you will pay New Mexico taxes, which you will be glad to know, are about half of Texas taxes.  New Mexico taxes are 3% and the document fee is $150.

In other words, we can get you though the process with our eyes closed; you don't need to worry about anything. =)  And we'd love to deliver your Prima vehicle.

So I'm liking them so far :)

And the 260 mile ride home will let me get my Prima broken in a bit.

Gavin

Posting this in a couple of threads as I'm not sure where it best fits :)

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

sketch
Hm.  Fiat just called.

They said the car would have to come in through Fiat of Shreveport, which is about 350 miles away—the opposite corner of the state.  I told him that the dealer here had told me they'd be able to get me the car, but perhaps information hasn't travelled very well on their side of the game, either.

I love the idea of driving the car home from afar, I just need to figure out how I'm gonna get there.  The only flights under $400 connect in New York City.  Yeah, okay.  Guess I need to find a friend with a car and a day off. :P

I'm gonna call both the dealers in question.  I'll let you all know how it goes.

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

sjmst
sketch wrote
Hm.  Fiat just called.

They said the car would have to come in through Fiat of Shreveport, which is about 350 miles away—the opposite corner of the state.  I told him that the dealer here had told me they'd be able to get me the car, but perhaps information hasn't travelled very well on their side of the game, either.

I love the idea of driving the car home from afar, I just need to figure out how I'm gonna get there.  The only flights under $400 connect in New York City.  Yeah, okay.  Guess I need to find a friend with a car and a day off. :P

I'm gonna call both the dealers in question.  I'll let you all know how it goes.
Congrats on the call! Good luck on getting a closer dealer. Please let us know what happens.

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

PE#454
I just got my call. The representative's name was Taylor, I believe. (I had called earlier today and spoke with a Robin, who provided no helpful information.)

Taylor said that only a limited number of dealers (I think he told me 54) were authorized to accept delivery of the PEs, so my preferred dealer (Fiat of Little Rock, about 4 miles away) is out. I will have to pick it up from Gossett Fiat in Memphis, a 2-hour drive away (no biggie)...that the home delivery charge is $500. He said the dealer will be calling me in the next few days to make arrangements, and that my car may be delivered as early as the end of next month. He said that all of the PEs were being shipped at the same time.

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Vlad92
Congrats!  I’m jealous…  seems like everyone is getting called but me!  Where’s my call Fiat???

I feel like I’m back in high school and I just left a message on the answering machine of the prettiest girl in school asking if she would go out with me… and now I’m waiting for that call back!!!

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

sjmst
Vlad92 wrote
Congrats!  I’m jealous…  seems like everyone is getting called but me!  Where’s my call Fiat???

I feel like I’m back in high school and I just left a message on the answering machine of the prettiest girl in school asking if she would go out with me… and now I’m waiting for that call back!!!
DITTO!  Where's my call?

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

Mike S
They are not organized so call this number 1 888 242-2342. Tell them you're calling to schedule delivery of your Prima. That's the number they left for me and I got people twice. They don't really know anything.

Re: Anybody get called yet from Fiat about Prima Edizione Delivery?

sjmst
And they gave you the information, ie delivery dealer?

12345 ... 38