500 Accessories? Bought any?

jvsgabriel
Hi just wondering if any of you have bought any kind of accessories for your car?  And if you have what was it, and where did you get it?

I am looking for a dash board cover.  Tried 500madness but they don't have it in stock yet.  I am also trying to get the Climair side window deflectors, which once again 500madness sells but is out of stock.  So I'm thinking we can help out the sellers who are tying to get us stuff for our cars by having a nice list for other people here to make it easier.  Thanks in advance.

Joel

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

CIAO RR
Joel,

The only thing that I purchased was a rearview mirror that dims, compass and homelink.  Installed it on Saturday.  Connecting it today to the electrical system.  Foubnd some easy connectors without having to "tap" into wires.

Ray

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

Giallo Edizione
jvsgabriel wrote
Hi just wondering if any of you have bought any kind of accessories for your car?  And if you have what was it, and where did you get it?

I am looking for a dash board cover.  Tried 500madness but they don't have it in stock yet.  I am also trying to get the Climair side window deflectors, which once again 500madness sells but is out of stock.  So I'm thinking we can help out the sellers who are tying to get us stuff for our cars by having a nice list for other people here to make it easier.  Thanks in advance.

Joel
Try these guys:

http://www.campione500.com/
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

jvsgabriel
Ok, just found another seller for things 500, and another one that should be up soon.  It took me quite a few google searches...but here they are

www.hotfiat.com, this one is up and running and does have the dash cover that I am looking for.  They guy's name is Rick.  And nice guy, at least with the emails that I have traded with him.

www.handa.com, this one is not quite up and running, but they do have a link for up and coming Fiat 500 link on their page.  They are actually a Honda and Acura dealer, but have many other brands on their website.

and of course...  www.campione500.com and www.500madness.com.

Otherwise we don't have that many options to get accessories and parts from.  I mean, heck my local dealer doesn't even have the "Studio" up and running yet either.

But I hope there will be other places to find and buy parts/accessories for our cars.  If you find one please list them, so we can show our appreciation and buy from them.

Joel, #366, Chuseppi

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

jvsgabriel
How's that going for you?  Is it installed already?  Love to see some pics or even a video of the self-dimming feature.

Joel

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

CIAO RR
Joel,

The mirror install was easy.  the auto dimming feature is excellent and worth the price.  I'm having trouble getting the homelink to work.  I spoke to MITO corporation ans asked for suggesting on where to get the "switched" power.  I'l need to try the different combination to see if I can get it to work.  If not, I'll exchange the mirror and just get the dimmer/compass version.

I'll keep you posted.

Ray

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

Rick
Hello All

Rick here from HotFiat.com
As a retailer for all things Fiat 500 I am exasperated at how difficult a time I'm having getting fodder for the site.  I'm staying away from much of the Euro stuff as there are some subtle differences between our cars and theirs and some of the Euro performance items are poorly made.  I'm in design for numerous items that should be popular including the circuit board that will allow "one touch up" the windows and automatic enabling of the sport switch. This will be switchable so you can move back and forth from factory to always on.

Also we are making molds to offer a selection of fiberglass and carbon fiber scoops and flares including a replacement hood to get rid of the very heavy factory one.

I would like to hear from anyone with ideas on what they would like to see offered up for our cool little cars.  At HotFiat we are only doing Fiat 500's and hope to move on to be able to offer the very best products for our cars.

Cheers
Rick
HotFiat.com
Oops.  I Fiated again!
Prima Edizione #373
1960 Fiat Multipla

Rear mats for 500

fredfrey
I've gotten the rear mats for my 500 from cocomats.com   They fit perfectly and are very well made. I doubt they will get much use but they compliment the car very nice. I'm contemplating getting a mat now for the trunk area.

Front mat:

BTW, they offer a 10% discount to FLU members - another good reason to join FLU>

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

FiATL
rhart wrote
...I'm in design for numerous items that should be popular including the circuit board that will allow "one touch up" the windows and automatic enabling of the sport switch. This will be switchable so you can move back and forth from factory to always on...

Cheers
Rick

Had something similar on my MINI and I would be ALL OVER THIS for my 500 when it becomes available.   Auto up windows and default to Sport setting are two things I really want on my 500.    Thank you for doing this.
Chris B
Roswell GA
Sport 5 speed.  Verde Oliva w/ Marrone
Ordered: 4/8  Delivered 5/25

That Option out the auto-off headlights so we aren't driving around the next day with them on,  have a separate dimmer for the speedo/tach that is independent of EVIC display and heating/window controls, radio, DRL's on full bright with headlights on. Fogs auto-on with headlghts. Rear seat delete kit. CAI, exhaust, wheels, spring and shock kits, carbon fiber trim parts, seat heating kits, stripes, strut stiffeners, shock tower protectors, anti sway bars, carpet mats, body kits, engine mount stabilizer/shocks, wheel spacers, hot coils, driving lights and mounts ( need some engineering here), billet engine details (oil cap, dipstick, etc), shark fin antenna, etc etc.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

Rick
That Option out the auto-off headlights so we aren't driving around the next day with them on,  have a separate dimmer for the speedo/tach that is independent of EVIC display and heating/window controls, radio, DRL's on full bright with headlights on. Fogs auto-on with headlghts. Rear seat delete kit. CAI, exhaust, wheels, spring and shock kits, carbon fiber trim parts, seat heating kits, stripes, strut stiffeners, shock tower protectors, anti sway bars, carpet mats, body kits, engine mount stabilizer/shocks, wheel spacers, hot coils, driving lights and mounts ( need some engineering here), billet engine details (oil cap, dipstick, etc), shark fin antenna, etc etc.

Nice list Giallo..
A couple of good ideas I'd not thought of.  70% of the list is under way.  RE the rear seat delete.  Do you mean once the seats are removed you would like to see a kit of finishing pieces for the now uncovered attachment areas??
Thanks for the input.
Rick
HotFiat.com
HotFiat.com
Oops.  I Fiated again!
Prima Edizione #373
1960 Fiat Multipla

Prima Edizione #373
1960 Fiat Multipla

Yes, check MINI ( agian the standard for bolt-ons). It is a fiberglass board with level mounts that covers the full rear area flat after removing rear seats. It is covered with same material as the boot uses. The idea is to have a really useable flat stowage area for those who never use rear seat, and also to shed a few pounds of weight for the racers.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

italophile
rhart wrote
  I'm in design for numerous items that should be popular including the circuit board that will allow "one touch up" the windows and automatic enabling of the sport switch. This will be switchable so you can move back and forth from factory to always on.
I don't much care if the windows are "one touch up," but if you can develop a circuit board that will disable the "one touch down" feature, I will beat a path to your door to buy it.

I would love automatic enabling of the sport mode though.  I'd also like to see a few simple engine upgrades, like a high-flow intake system or a performance chip.  I think even 5 or 10 more HP would make a big difference on this car.

Re: Rear mats for 500

Pink Buddha
Oh, those are sharp! I always need sturdy mats... those might fit the bill. Hmmmm, what do you think ... black/terracotta for a rame with marrone interior?

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

lirandy
Bought a pair of key covers and a set of pedals and footrest thru some friends in UK. They are still in mail, hopefully I will have them in a few days
#485 Bianco w/ sunroof
Always miss my Subies....

Re: Rear mats for 500

FiATL
I think that black/terracotta would be awesome on a Rame/Marrone car.  Trying to decide what will complement my soon to be here Verde Olivo/Marrone Sport.
Chris B
Roswell GA
Sport 5 speed.  Verde Oliva w/ Marrone
Ordered: 4/8  Delivered 5/25

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

rossonero404
When you get the pedal covers and dead pedal can you post some pics?  Do you know where/what site they bought them from?

Mark
Prima Edizione #404
Rosso

Forza Milan!

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

rossonero404
Fully agree with this, one touch up not a big deal.
Simple mods like a Chip and intake to gain 10+ more horse would be great.
Prima Edizione #404
Rosso

Forza Milan!

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

lirandy
rossonero404 wrote
When you get the pedal covers and dead pedal can you post some pics?  Do you know where/what site they bought them from?

Mark
Sure Mark, I will post some pics once I receive them. My friend told me he just ordered them from Fiat accessory department thru his workplace.
#485 Bianco w/ sunroof
Always miss my Subies....
1234