500 Accessories? Bought any?

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

Mikecrml
My wish list for #593
- The 17' wheels that Hotfiat.com will have
- Carbon fiber rear wing- The big Abarth type
- Carbon fiber race mirrors- real ones that fit, not the covers
- Cold air intake that looks good and works- with a K&N filter
- Cat back exhaust that makes a little more noise- No oil can Honda tuner stuff.
- Carbon fiber dash- Not a cover but the real deal.
- Big brake conversion kit- no more tiny rotors and ity bitty calipers.
- Club Sport kit for the interior- ALA Porsche- Sport seats, light door panels, rear seat delete.

- End result. Build a California Smog legal Abarth SS for 10 Grand less- and more fun.

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

SeaDawg
Mikecrml wrote
My wish list for #593
- End result. Build a California Smog legal Abarth SS for 10 Grand less- and more fun.
Ummm, just how much are you estimating the retail price for the Abarth will be?  I ask because those carbon fiber parts are mucho dinero and I'm sure the big brake conversion kit isn't just pocket change either...at least not in my case.

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

Bimmertim
I would absolutely buy the auto sport mode/window switch PCB.  I would also be interested in a short shift kit.  Suspect one already exists in EU.  Also, I would also be interested in something that would modify Blue and Me integration so that one could play/control music  over bluetooth link with no wires. Also have to agree with everyone else that even a little more power would be great - least obtrusive mod (e.g. ECU SW upgrade) would be my first choice.

Finally, is anyone else having issues with scratching sills on PE?  Anyone bought the FIAT door sill kit?

bimmertim
PE#374
'74 BMW 2002turbo

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

jvsgabriel
Ok just came back from LA this weekend, and on the way up, I got to visit the Madness 500 shop.  And what a shop it is!  Great place, though they are planning on moving to a new location which will be purely dedicated to the 500.  The current location is more a Smart Car location.  Got to meet with one of the owners, and she (sorry can't remember her name, but hubby's name is Boris) was so happy and excited to see #366 Chuseppi "Ittius Bittius" outside.  We must have talked about the cars for for about 15 minutes and then she was so interested in knowing about what was out there.  She and her husband had just come back from Israel on Friday.  So I think her enthusiasm was both real and partially coffee induced.

But got the complete set of floor mats for Chuseppi, and when they have the ClimAir side deflectors...I'm all set.  Perhaps some other odd and ends in the future.

So loved their car all tricked out, they have #36 I think.  But they have blacked everything that is chromed on the car.  It looks very nice, and they also added the 17" tires and new rims, which look awesome on the car.  Adds a bit more width and they say they will be dropping the car down a bit more.  Either way, the car looks nice, lean and mean.

I am just waiting for the call to go up and pick up the climairs, which were in customs.  Then like I said a couple more things here and there.

Joel and #366 Ittius Bittius "Chuseppi"

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

lirandy
I always want to visit their store since I am in local, but still havent had a chance yet. How's the place there? Is it easy to find?
#485 Bianco w/ sunroof
Always miss my Subies....

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

jvsgabriel
Hi Lirandy,

  As for directions, it is pretty easy to get there, right off Cherry Ave, but tucked away in an industrial area.  Nice, clean, little place, but they plan to move, and just leave the current place as a Smart Car shop.  They do have quite a bit of 500 stuff, and they are getting more every day.  I do think if you find some time, to go there and just say hi.  The people there are really nice and friendly.  They are really car people, and more specifically small car people: Smarts and 500's.

  They really do want to hear from you and what you want for the car.  They pressed the issue of sending them info on stuff that you might want.  And they would do their best to get it, and get it in bulk.  The lady made the point, that they have the advantage of buying in bulk, which usually has the power to lower the price of the item.  And as I was doing my research, they are absolutely right.  Especially since our car is an "Import" which has been out for a while.  It would be logical that Europe would have more options/accessories then some place which just introduced it (read US).

  But yes, please go visit, and you will see first hand their real enthusiasm for the car.  They really stop what they are doing and take a look at your car to see what you have done to it.  I know that when they saw my car, the lady really dropped what she was doing and just started asking me question.  Hope this gives you some motivation to go see them.

Joel

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

lirandy
Joel, thanks for ur opinion and the tips. I really want to go there and check out their place, but since I am pretty sure I will need their help on installing my pedals and footrest. Hence, I guess I will wait a bit longer and have my pedals arrived first. .
#485 Bianco w/ sunroof
Always miss my Subies....

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

RedVespaBlur
Hi,

Anyone ordered the Thule Bike Rack - does the sub 200.00 price include the hitch and install?  Is there a hitch accesory for bike racks dealer installable option?  Waiting for my 500c so need a hitch as will not be able to use a rack that hangs off back.

Thanks,

Graham

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

lirandy
My accessory package has finally arrived.   Here are some pics.....

Pedals & footrest:

Key covers:

#485 Bianco w/ sunroof
Always miss my Subies....

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

rossonero404
Wow, pedal covers look awesome!  I need those.
Prima Edizione #404
Rosso

Forza Milan!

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

lirandy wrote
My accessory package has finally arrived.   Here are some pics.....

Pedals & footrest:

Key covers:

Can't wait to see how those look on your car! I'm looking into pedal and key covers, too.

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

ciddyguy
Fiat500USA wrote
lirandy wrote

Nice! I like the key cover and if I recall, you can purchase them through the dealer/studios as well as I recall seeing them listed in the Mopar accessory list Chris posted a couple of months back.

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

lirandy
I am heading to 500madness and see if they could help me installing the pedals.  Will post some more pics once the pedals are installed.
#485 Bianco w/ sunroof
Always miss my Subies....

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

Vlad92
Finally got my Fiat headrest covers installed (my cousin from the Czech Republic sent them over when he found out I was getting my Prima).  I had to ask my mom to tailor them a bit to properly fit the headrest... but they look great now.

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

lirandy
Finally I had my local workshop to put on my Fiat pedals and footrest/dead pedals.  Here are how it looks:

#485 Bianco w/ sunroof
Always miss my Subies....

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

jvsgabriel
Nice, I want the same ones.  I think it would work well with that little bit of "bling" in my griggio.  And all that with your key covers too?  Your car is just sporting now.  Thanks for the pictures, now I feel like getting at least the dead pedal to the far left.  Thanks for sharing!

Joel

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

lirandy
This post was updated on .
jvsgabriel wrote
Nice, I want the same ones.  I think it would work well with that little bit of "bling" in my griggio.  And all that with your key covers too?  Your car is just sporting now.  Thanks for the pictures, now I feel like getting at least the dead pedal to the far left.  Thanks for sharing!

Joel
Thanks Joel.  No, the pedals and key covers are separate.  I just asked my friend in UK to buy the accessories I wanted for me (even tho he bought me the wrong ones and I have to ask him to buy me the set I really want again) and he just shipped to me altogether when he got the parts.

Since I saw quite a few of you in here seemed interested in the pedal set, I asked my friend that if he could help me get more of these pedal sets and ship to US.  He's fine with that, but I will definitely need to give him an exact amount of the pedal sets he needs to get.  Neither me nor my friend is reseller, and we do this just to help the Fiat owners in here getting the parts from UK.  We don't want to order and ship a lot of them into US and end up I stock myself up.  If anyone of you is really interested, please email me @ lirandyp@gmail.com
#485 Bianco w/ sunroof
Always miss my Subies....

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

rossonero404
Hey, how come your mats look so new?  Mine are already showing permanent heel impressions only after 400 miles!

BTW, what would be the price for the pedal set?

Mark
Prima Edizione #404
Rosso

Forza Milan!

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

lirandy
Hahaha....I had the same problem with my mats in previous car so I tried not to lean my heel against the floor mat that much when accelerating and braking.  I guess that helps a little bit.

The pedal set runs around $185 shipped depends on the exchange rate since everything is in British pounds.

#485 Bianco w/ sunroof
Always miss my Subies....

Re: 500 Accessories? Bought any?

rossonero404
I hear you, it's just natural to rest your heel like that, which is why i don't mind keeping rubber mats in year round, easier to clean also.  I have real nice OEM ones in my BMW X5 and VW Passat.

Wonder when these types of accessories will be ready here at our local studios?  Think i'll stop by mine and find out.
Prima Edizione #404
Rosso

Forza Milan!
1234