When will "the call" come?

1234 ... 7

When will "the call" come?

sjmst
So, 500's are to start rolling off the line on Dec 13...just a little over two weeks.
IF that happens, wouldn't those be the Primas?

And IF they are building the Prima's first,
and IF we can change color choices, wouldn't we need to hear from FIAT really soon?
Like before they start bulding them?

Lots of "ifs," I know, but IF....

Re: When will

Vlad92
I second this...   the terms and conditions we all agreed to are very clear that the purchase order must be signed by December 31.  I know that still gives us a month, but I get nervous with each passing day (especially given the lack of information both publically and from my local dealer).  I too want to change my order from what I submitted online so I'm looking for that opportunity as well.  I also want enough time to find a different dealer if my local dealer is unable (or unwilling) to deliver my Prima.  Hopefully Fiat has a master plan in place and will communicate that to us and the dealers shortly!

Re: When will

sjmst
I think Fiat has it sorted out, but it is no fun being left in the dark at this late date.

BTW, I contacted my local dealer yesterday. They said that if I order via Fiat, then Fiat would contact me, not them.

Re: When will

txdesign
Those may be pre-production models where fit and finish is perfected and last minute details worked out.

Re: When will

sjmst
FYI
I just spoke to my local Fiat dealer (Westbury Chrysler/Fiat). The rep there told me that they will have a Fiat to test drive later this month. I told them that I ordered a Prima Edizione. They said "Ohhh, we won't distribute those, Fiat will contact you directly."  Interesting.

Re: When will

Mike S
I don't think your dealer knows any more than any other dealer. I think he is just being a car salesman and making stuff up to keep you interested. Once you said you ordered a Prima, he lost interest and felt someone else got the sale.

Our cars will need dealer prep like any other car. The dealers I've spoken with don't seem to get it and are approaching this like they are selling a Jeep. I want a dealer that's happy to be selling Fiats and is grateful that Chryslers ass was pulled out of a sling. Those dealerships would be closed now and everybody would be unemployed.

I think we get to choose the dealer we want. It does not have to be the closest one. I have a choice of two and I'm going to interview them after the dealer meeting early next week. They should know something by then. I will not take delivery from a dealer that does not show some enthusiasm for the Fiat brand. There are several dealers in Florida and I don't have to take delivery from the closest ones.

Re: When will

Mark N
Good for you!

Re: When will

Ah yes, This is why Fiat wants to be separate from the other facilities. However, there are enthusiastic dealers out there. Look for the ones that have web sites up already. I've talked to a few that were really excited, so I'm optimistic.

I'll do the same vetting when I get my car, I want to do business with an enthusiast.

Re: When will

Mike S
I may have to go to Criswell in Maryland. I noticed their ad on this blog about a week ago. I want someone like that.

Re: When will

Vlad92
I'm in a similar situation...  although my next closest dealer is 200 miles away, they have already selected their Fiat Sales Manager who has been proactively giving me updates.  They seem to be much further along than my local dealer.  Although I did learn that the owner himself is attending the meeting in Auburn Hills next week which to me shows commitment from the top (he owns 14 dealerships in this area).  Maybe after that things will start moving here locally as well.  I have always tried to buy locally, but that only goes so far if it doesn't make business sense.

Re: When will

prima 109
My local dealer(Hillview Motors, Fiat of Greensburg) owner is also attending the meeting.  He said he'll get in touch with me when he returns, he'll have more info.  but, like many others, he has to build a seperate facillity and may not be done by the sopposed deadline(Feb 28th).  He did tell me that there may be a 500 that will be on display at his and everyone's current facillity per Fiat much like Kia did with the Soul as where the vehicles will not have VINs and won't be for sale.  I just want to get this car ordered and then wait for spring.  I told him that I wasn't worried about getting it fast, I just don't want to miss the ordering deadline.

craig
Craig #109 Rosso with sunroof/post assembly block heater.

Re: When will

I like hearing about the communication going on between some of you and the dealers.  I really have to get my act together about my car.

I talked to a number of local dealers when I was doing the research for the "unofficial dealer list", most just blew me off (these dealers weren't chosen). One was an enthusiast and very into the cars, but he didn't make the first round pick either. I really hope they do in the future.

My last two purchases were Audi products and the dealership and headquarters experience were extremely poor.  The feeling I get is totally different from Fiat USA versus Audi NA. I think Fiat will be more responsive to its customers.

Re: When will

Mike S
Looks like the call could come by the end of the month and it looks like January delivery could be possible.

The blog is coming up with some uplifting information.

Re: When will

sjmst
Mike S wrote
Looks like the call could come by the end of the month and it looks like January delivery could be possible.

The blog is coming up with some uplifting information.
Sounds like most of the cars won't be ready 'till March or so.  Hope the Prima's are an exception.

Re: When will

There is some news coming, waiting for the confirmation and OK to publish. It's pretty good news;)

Re: When will

sjmst
Fiat500USA wrote
There is some news coming, waiting for the confirmation and OK to publish. It's pretty good news;)
Tease!

Re: When will

FiatGal
sjmst wrote
Fiat500USA wrote
There is some news coming, waiting for the confirmation and OK to publish. It's pretty good news;)
Tease!
Totally!

Re: When will

prima 109
His news is that Criswell Fiat will be getting thier demo in a week or so, we will be able to test drive it, I spoke with Giles as well cuz it looks like my car will be going there.  Fiat of Greensburg & Wexford most likely won't be up in time.  However, once they have a tech certified to work on the cars I/we will be able to take our cars to the Chrysler dealer's service dept for service until the Fiat service is set up.  Also I confirmed with the Fiat reps that the Accent stiching on the Prima's seats will be red, should look cool!

craig
Craig #109 Rosso with sunroof/post assembly block heater.

Re: When will

Mike S
We can all meet and pick up our cars. I'm willing to fly up and drive it home.

 I can buy it anywhere I want, and Criswell is the kind of dealer I want to have

I can't wait!!! Glad I got the block heater because I may need it in Maryland when I pick it up. In south Florida it is just an ornament.

Re: When will

Vlad92
I want a dealer like Criswell as well...   but 1200 miles to get my Prima home?  Not going to happen!  But I guess I'd be willing to do the paperwork by phone and have the car shipped to me if necessary.  Would hope there is at least one dealer closer to me!
1234 ... 7