What's happening with the cars

Re: What's happening with the cars

dipstick1
Of Course mine isnt there, its 80 miles away at Larchmont Fiat, but at least it is there, also waiting on License before it can be delivered......
Prima # 275 White
66 Fiat 500F
KO

Re: What's happening with the cars

KO
I just special ordered a Sport from The Gossett dealer in Memphis.
Anyone know what the delivery time is now that cars are moving?

Incidentally, Gossett has a Rosso Prima that the original owner supposedly was tired of waiting for.
See attached image of sticker...
Not sure what badge number it is.
Bianco Perla (pearl white) Sport, manual trans, with convenience package on order...

Not sure what badge number it is.
I think the time frame is still 4-6 weeks as it has to be shipped from Mexico once built.

Re: What's happening with the cars

cogtooth
Great color choice.  Mine is similar with the addition of Sirius radio and a sunroof.  I have had the windows tinted 50% (legal in MD) and 20% on the sunroof and I like the look.  I'm have ordered LED daylight running light bulbs, and will report on them when they arrive. It took 6 weeks and 1 day to arrive.
Bianco Perla Sport
KO

How much did you pay for a dealer document fee--if anything? It is ridiculous here but not like I have a choice of dealers.  Are cars selling at MSRP or did anyone get a deal?

The Maryland maximum of $100 for document preparation.
Bianco Perla Sport

Re: What's happening with the cars

KO wrote
How much did you pay for a dealer document fee--if anything? It is ridiculous here but not like I have a choice of dealers.  Are cars selling at MSRP or did anyone get a deal?
As far as I know, no one has paid over MSRP (outside of destination, doc fees [where available], tax/license, which is normally tacked on to the price) and our license fees are no more than $100 for King County, $55 or so elsewhere for new cars, which was MUCH cheaper than it used to be when a new car would cost one upwards of $500 or more depending on how expensive it was.

Here in Washington St, doc fees are no more than $150 as they're capped.

Re: What's happening with the cars

SeaDawg
KO wrote
How much did you pay for a dealer document fee--if anything? It is ridiculous here but not like I have a choice of dealers.  Are cars selling at MSRP or did anyone get a deal?
Where is HERE?  I know of almost NO dealer in Florida that doesn't charge 'Dealer Fees'.  Here in Orlando they range from $389 for Fields Fiat of Orlando to $899 for Napleton Chrysler Jeep Dodge and a couple of others.

We should be so lucky as to have them CAPPED.
Ko

Re: What's happening with the cars

Ko
No cap here in Tennesse unfortunately so they are higher than avg (498) at the only Fiat dealer for some distance.

Re: What's happening with the cars

SeaDawg
Ko wrote
No cap here in Tennesse unfortunately so they are higher than avg (498) at the only Fiat dealer for some distance.
I paid $499.95 at Sunset Fiat in Sarasota.  My local dealer would have been $389.00 but I had been waiting since 21 March for a Fiat 500 Sport configured the way I wanted in a color I wanted and Sunset had one.  As I already had preapproved financing we had everything done in one day...in fact we had everything done in less than 1 1/2 hours as they had the paperwork ready when I rolled in from Orlando in my trade-in.

Re: What's happening with the cars

littlejohn
Do they have a sales tax as well in Florida on purchase?...$400-500 fees what?  The dealers must really get beat down.  I guess you have no choice, but that is brutal.  Sure would make me think a lot harder about buying a new vehicle.  wow...

Re: What's happening with the cars

SeaDawg
littlejohn wrote
Do they have a sales tax as well in Florida on purchase?...$400-500 fees what?  The dealers must really get beat down.  I guess you have no choice, but that is brutal.  Sure would make me think a lot harder about buying a new vehicle.  wow...
Oh, yes indeed.  The state is 6% and some of the counties have 1/2-1% additional.  The sales tax one pays when they purchase a car is determined by the county in which you live and not necessarily where you buy the car.

Basically the 'Dealer Fee' is EXTRA PROFIT for the dealership.  They claim it's for doing the paperwork, prepping the car, etc..  Most of them do state though that it includes PROFIT as well.  Sort of like that DESTINATION CHARGE that you see on the window sticker from the manufacturer.

I'm not fingering Fiat, I am referencing a sticker I saw on another make and it also stated that that charge included PROFIT as well as cost of transportation from factory to dealer.  In fact the $500 that Fiat charges is probably more realistic than most.  I think my last car which was a Chevy compact had a destination charge of $750 and it was also built in Mexico.

Re: What's happening with the cars

littlejohn
Wow, MD is 6% as well,...and, the state just passed a Bill that dealers can now raise their proc. fees to $200 starting in July then more in a few years...which goes hand in hand with state raising title registration another $50.  Never ends does it, lol...

I don't have any problems with the $500 destination although I do think Fiat should include that in the pricing when they advertise, instead of saying the 500 starts at $15.5 or the Sport starts at $17500.

Re: What's happening with the cars

SeaDawg
littlejohn wrote
I don't have any problems with the $500 destination although I do think Fiat should include that in the pricing when they advertise, instead of saying the 500 starts at $15.5 or the Sport starts at $17500.
C'mon now the Marketing Department has to have SOMETHING to do!

Re: What's happening with the cars

popcommuter
California caps the Doc fees at $55, however, license & registration runs almost $300. Tax here is based upon which city you live. Mine is 8.75%, could be worse though, some cities around here have a tax rate over 10%.

Gotta love California.
California Central Valley
Pop - Grigio w/Rosso seats
MB Master Tech

Re: What's happening with the cars

rs4playniuwa
The building Lord really invincible, thought very have routines.

You may also like:[url=http://www.rs4play.com/]Rs Gold[/url]|[url=http://www.rs4play.com/gold/]runescape gold[/url]

Re: What's happening with the cars

diablopop

your artice is fine ,thinks!