What do/will you use to clean the cloth seats?

What do/will you use to clean the cloth seats?

PE#454
The first thing that spotted mine was simple raindrops. I used what I had around, which was a can of that spray upholstery stuff with the plastic scrubber top. When I did that, the cleaned area still looked different than the untouched area, which led me to scrub the entire seat. It still doesn't look right. Next I'm trying a mixture of mild soapy water. I haven't decided yet to use dish detergent or laundry detergent. Is there a commercial product that would be better or should I just stick with the mild soapy water?

Re: What do/will you use to clean the cloth seats?

sjmst
I used scotchguard and now water doesn't stain.

Re: What do/will you use to clean the cloth seats?

5*(10)^2
Just water and a soft brush.

if you're meticulous enough, use distilled water.

Re: What do/will you use to clean the cloth seats?

Doodles
A damp towel then dry; don;t use any cleaners  .
Any thing else could ruin seats.

Re: What do/will you use to clean the cloth seats?

Prima148
Yeah rain got me too yesterday, stains really easily, so scotchgard is on my list as soon as I get these spots out.

Re: What do/will you use to clean the cloth seats?

DennisLee
Scotchgard:

I am picking up my Sport on Saturday and want to use Scotchgard as soon as I get home.
I have never usedit before. Any special things to consider?
Can I screw it up?????

Thanks
DenniosLEE

Re: What do/will you use to clean the cloth seats?

Thad
I did ScotchGuard. Seems to work.

Re: What do/will you use to clean the cloth seats?

DennisLee
Just spray it on the cloth??

Did you also spray non-cloth parts of seats?

Thanks
DennisLee

Re: What do/will you use to clean the cloth seats?

DennisLee
I will reply to my own question.

As soon as I got my car home Saturday last, I sprayed it on the carpets, trunk liner, and cloth portions of my seats. No sign anything was sprayed on and no staining. I feel better now.

Thanks
DenisLee

Re: What do/will you use to clean the cloth seats?

noraaustin72
I use scotchguard, and it's really very easy to clean the seat using this, I got packs of scotchguard from couponcodify, if you wanna buy or need more options you can check on there.