What are you driving right now?

txdesign
Just curious what potential 500 buyers have in their garage right now.
I have an 03 Cooper S and a 09 BMW 128 (manual transmission of course).

Re: What are you driving right now?

 Good question!

 2000 Audi A4 Quattro
 1995 Audi 90 Quattro
 1987 Bertone X1/9 (yes I'm still working on it)
 1982 Alfa GTV/6
 2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport
 Kawasaki 250Ninja
 Kawasaki EX500
 Honda 150 Dual Sport

I'm planning on clearing my garage out for the 500 and the Abarth.

Re: What are you driving right now?

Vlad92
I have a 2008 Smart Car (convertible), a 2009 Hyundai Genesis, and a 2003 BMW F650CSA bike.  My wife has her 2004 Honda Pilot and my daughters have a John Deere tractor and Barbie Jeep (both electric).  I was just telling a coworker the other day... growing up we had a one car garage.  My first house had a 2 car garage.  My next (and current) house has a 3 car garage.  Now I'm wishing for a 4+ car garage.  Amazing how our wants grow over time!

Re: What are you driving right now?

Currently, a single vehicle, but then again I live in the city and park on the street. :-)

I'm currently making do with a 1992 Ford Ranger truck (4.0L V6, Mazda sourced 4spd w/ overdrive 5th, 2WD). Been very reliable even now with just over 230K miles on the clock.

Before that, I had a 1988 Honda Accord LX-I 4 door sedan with 5spd and before that, a 1983 Honda Civic 1500DX 3 door hatch, also with a 5spd (both used) and it was this little Civic that showed me what happens when you design a fun to drive, thrifty small car that can go the distance, even on long journeys on the interstate.

That said, bought the Civic in 1992, got the Accord in '98 and it was supplanted by the truck in 2006, which I still drive and hopefully next spring or summer to have something like the 500 in my possession.

Re: What are you driving right now?

Rusty
Hurray for the guy with the Genesis (: I hear it's an awesome buy!

I was driving my 3x passed down '91 Lexus LS400 for about 6 years, a nice car to get acquainted on the road with, and gave me a good concept of what kind of specs I would look out for or don't need, 250hp seems more than I'd ever really look for in the future.

I switched to our most economic, neglected, and newest car in the extended family this summer, a '89 Volvo 240 DL wagon.  Primarily to learn how to drive stick, but now also for mileage reasons, not that it can manage more than 26mpg a tank if I'm trying hard.  And lastly because I feel a lot safer when it's unlikely anyone will steal my car

Re: What are you driving right now?

NM dude
`10 Dodge Challenger SRT-8
`10 MINI Cooper S
`51 Crosley sedan
`62 Plymouth Fury Convertible
`63 Studebaker GT Hawk
`63 Studebaker Avanti
`75 Plymouth Fury 2-door
Prima Edizione #201 on order, and will be selling the MINI

Re: What are you driving right now?

peterjerome
2007 Vespa GT250ie.  My wife has a Honda Fit

Re: What are you driving right now?

tpetro33
Hello all,

Currently an 09 VW GTI and Subaru WRX!!

Hopefuly a Scorpion in the future..............

TP

Re: What are you driving right now?

Wilkidu
I currently have a 2004 Mini Cooper S.

Re: What are you driving right now?

Minuszka
'04 Audi A4 Convertible
Also, '03 Acura MDX

Re: What are you driving right now?

kbob
Too many cars.

 - 2005 Lotus Elise
 - 2002 BMW M Coupe (wife's car)
 - 1998 BMW M3
 - 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (wife's car)
 - 2004 Honda Odyssey (joint custody)

We will probably sell the WRX and the M3 when (if) we get the 500.

There used to be bikes in the garage, but that spot's been bare since 2006.  I sold my Ninja to get the Elise.

Re: What are you driving right now?

Goggles Pizano
A 2005 MINI Cooper Cabrio and a 2004 MINI Cooper S. I wasn't sure in the beginning...but I think I have a little car fetish. I'm waiting for the Abarth "Tributo Ferrari" so I guess I will be getting the car in about 2014 or maybe 2013 if I'm lucky.

Re: What are you driving right now?

iosonoaffamata
2008 Chevy Malibu Hybrid

Re: What are you driving right now?

sketch
I've got a 2006 Toyota Prius in silver.  80,000 miles together, still going strong, though a little rough around the edges.  I'm not sure whether I'm going to keep it as a commuter alongside the 500.

NM dude: Two Studebakers!  A man after my own heart.

Re: What are you driving right now?

Jim McKenzie
3 cars:

2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
1977/1985 (car/engine) Fiat X1/9
1973 Fiat 850 Sport Spyder

The 500 will replace the Mazda  :)

Re: What are you driving right now?

allenr56
08 STi (STU)
76 2002 (FSP)
96 Miata R (ES)
05 Birel (Sr. Sprtsmn)

Anxiously waiting to see where the 500 gets classed by SCCA.

Re: What are you driving right now?

Wow, judging by all the neat cars, it's obvious that the 500 appeals to car enthusiasts and folks that appreciate design.

I would take any one of these cars... uuhh... wait,  I'm supposed to be thinning my herd

Re: What are you driving right now?

ophidia31
'01 Buick Regal GS

I want to get the new '11 GS when it gets released because it is suh-weeet! But unfortunately, its probably going to be $30k+ and I wont be able to afford that. Well, I could, but itd put a nice damper in my play/modification money with that larger monthly payment.  Not looking forward to another car payment after not having one for 3yrs, but I think itd be worth it for the 500.

Re: What are you driving right now?

Mike S
I've looked at that question for at least a day and the responses say more about the people that the 500 is attracting than one might think. The selection of cars is all over the place! The 500 is attracting people that like cars. Period.

The first car I owned was a Fiat and that was in the 60's. I've owned at least a couple dozen Fiats over the years, always owning at least one. I'm down to 2 Fiats and a 2007 Volvo V70R.  The remaining Fiats are a 1974 124 spider and a 1964 500D.

The Volvo takes up too much space and will be replaced with the new Fiat and probably a Velorex and a Tatra. I'm in the U.S. and we don't even know what those are. But, I want them too.

The Fiat 500 does one thing better than any other car ever produced. From the first 500, the Topolino to the newest incarnation. When you see one, it makes you smile.

These days, the world needs as many Fiat 500's as it can get.

Re: What are you driving right now?

cinquecento
1991 BMW 318i manual (winter car)
2005 Kawasaki ZX10R

Normally I'd only drive RWD cars, but the 500 is a special exception.
398 -> 24
1234