The First Person to get their Prima....

1234 ... 7

The First Person to get their Prima....

Gavin
POST DASH PHOTO HERE   :)

Plus lots of other photos and impressions of Fit and Finish and impression of the ride, comfort, performance....oh, and impression of dealer (whether Studio or home delivery)....

I gather this thread will sit mostly empty for another week or two...but somebody has to be the first and they get to have all the fun letting us know about their Prima before we get ours :)

Thanks

Gavin

Re: The First Person to get their Prima....

Giallo Edizione
Free bezel if you are first!
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: The First Person to get their Prima....

sam500
Is it a free graphite bezel ?!?!?!

Secret Bezel wrote
Free bezel if you are first!

Re: The First Person to get their Prima....

Giallo Edizione
sam500 wrote
Is it a free graphite bezel ?!?!?!

Secret Bezel wrote
Free bezel if you are first!
...we don't really know.....
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: The First Person to get their Prima....

Wimbledon
Not much longer now!
Also join us on the Fiat Scene forums

Re: The First Person to get their Prima....

Gavin
At least I get to finally see, kinda, what my Grey Prima will look like...a Grey sport model has been filmed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YMCzuGPzd8&feature=player_embedded

Gavin

Re: The First Person to get their Prima....

sjmst
I think the gray will look sharp!

Re: The First Person to get their Prima....

Joe Dolgetta
Hi, anyone heard anything about possible dealer premiums being considered for PEs?
Thanks,
Joe-PE 447 Rossa.
peppydee
PE 447-Rosso-Sunroof

Re: The First Person to get their Prima....

Gavin
Not suppose to happen....but who knows. Hopefully the list of PEs and the dealers they are traveling to will be in the hands of dealers soon (was to be done Friday, but I know my dealer didn't get a list yet)...once the dealer contacts you and gives you a price, well then we will know.

Hopefully today.

Gavin

Re: The First Person to get their Prima....

5*(10)^2
I have a feeling the 'premium' will be embedded in the doc fee.

Re: The First Person to get their Prima....

sketch
It's up to the dealer.  They'd better not, though, lest they expect me to tell their home delivery service to turn around and drive the five and a half hours back to the dealer.

Re: The First Person to get their Prima....

Joe Dolgetta wrote
Hi, anyone heard anything about possible dealer premiums being considered for PEs?
Thanks,
Joe-PE 447 Rossa.
Hi Joe,

Welcome to the forum!  The only thing I've heard is some dealers are charging $$ in doc fees.  I guess it depends on your state (and dealer).  Some dealers wave them, some don't. Some states have limits on doc fees.

It doesn't seem that they are charging extra because it's a Prima, it's just what some dealers do. I'm in NY and the limit is something like $45-$55, which I think is reasonable, but check with your dealer.

Re: The First Person to get their Prima....

Joe Dolgetta
Hi, and Thanks for the welcome!

I do remember reading that the destination charge was included in the $19,500, but are doc fees above and beyond destination fees? Guess I'll know soon enough...I do hope they don't start hitting us with primiums. Won't be very cool. The Fiat rep informed me that I will be taking delivery from either  Team Toyota Mall of Georgia or Team Hyundai Mall of Georgia dealer here in the Buford Ga area. Eventually,  "Team Fiat Mall of Georgia" will open in April. Located only 5 miles from home. Their all owned by Auto Nation. I hope to hear from a dealer rep this week.
peppydee
PE 447-Rosso-Sunroof

Re: The First Person to get their Prima....

Gavin
Doc fees are different than delivery...covers paperwork, Motor Vehicle stuff, tags...

Usually not a lot of money...anything over 200 bucks would be suspect.

As for the Prima final price...will vary a bit from state to state due to taxes being wildly different from state to state...I roughly figured just around $20,350 for me here in New Mexico...

19500 for car and delivery

Fees: $150 Doc fee, $5 Service fee, $76 License fee, $33 Title fee (mine might be a bit more than average as I am getting mine from a different state...but about 250 bucks over the 19500 isn't too bad)--total 259.

3% NM taxes...(that is a nice little bonus...Texas, where the car dealership is, has a much higher tax rate...so about 590 give or take...not sure if they tax on 19500 or include tax on price and the fees.)

so 19500 + 259 doc fees and misc stuff + 590ish in taxes----

And they are bringing the car to my driveway (265 miles) for free (well Fiat is paying them...but part of the 19500 including destination).

Gavin

Re: The First Person to get their Prima....

FiATL
I'm supposed to be getting mine there too.  Was told the doc fee is $579.  The dealer in Morrow was at $589 I think.   Before anyone outside of GA gets all up in arms, that is just how EVERY dealer in the Atlanta area does business.  It sucks but the law allows it as long as the dealer charges EVERYONE the same fee.   I've actually purchased cars in several other states to avoid this.  This time, I don't have the time to try to get my Prima  sent elsewhere and take time off to go get it.

What color are you getting peppydee?
Chris B
Roswell GA
Sport 5 speed.  Verde Oliva w/ Marrone
Ordered: 4/8  Delivered 5/25

Sport 5 speed.  Verde Oliva w/ Marrone
Ordered: 4/8  Delivered 5/25

Re: The First Person to get their Prima....

Springer2011
I ordered a Sport model on 2/24/11. Here is a summary of fees.

1) The $ 500 delivery fee is not included in the price.
2) Doc fees $ 55
3) Liscense fee for California
4) Tax for California about 9.5% give or take a little
5) May be emissions fee, I have to wait and see. If so will be on factory sticker.
5) No dealer prep charge
6) No mark ups
7) Safety and convenience + Safety and sound was actually $ 120 less in total. Redundant package features.
8) They will pick me up at airport.
9) They said some of the options like graphics are not available yet from factory.
10) 4-6 week delivery

I ordered Sport, Giallo, Nero/Grigio, auto, safe/conv, safe/sound, red/white/blue sidestripe.

Re: The First Person to get their Prima....

Joe Dolgetta
Hi Chris, I'll keep you posted. Bet they get there together. Your right about GA dealers and their arrogance about their fees. $595 for what amounts to zip is highway robbery. Ought to be illegal. BTW, mine will also have the sunroof.
peppydee
PE 447-Rosso-Sunroof

Re: The First Person to get their Prima....

Gavin
Gavin wrote
[...]

Forgot to ADD:

Minus the 500 dollar deposit...so less than 20k will be owed to Fiat when it gets delivered to my driveway

Gavin

Re: The First Person to get their Prima....

Carabinieri
Joe Dolgetta wrote
Hi Chris, I'll keep you posted. Bet they get there together. Your right about GA dealers and their arrogance about their fees. $595 for what amounts to zip is highway robbery. Ought to be illegal. BTW, mine will also have the sunroof.
As soon as those words leave the dealer's mouth, I'll leave the dealer.

Doubt if they'll have any trouble selling #160, but it will not be to me.

The FIAT promised fun, and I have no doubt it'll deliver. I'll wish FIAT (and you all) the best, but I don't need another vehicle so badly just now that I'd pay that scam.

So, if that's the firm line, I'll stick to romping with my Guzzis and the MINI for awhile.

Non m’importa niente.

Nei Secoli Fedele
1234 ... 7