Sigh....my AC died.

5*(10)^2
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
KO

Re: Sigh....my AC died.

KO
Auto temp control upgrade?  Let us know the diagnosis.
Bianco Perla (pearl white) Sport, manual trans, with convenience package on order...

Re: Sigh....my AC died.

ciddyguy
KO wrote
Auto temp control upgrade?  Let us know the diagnosis.
I'm thinking not so much as that as perhaps the compressor crapped out instead.

Re: Sigh....my AC died.

SeaDawg
ciddyguy wrote
I'm thinking not so much as that as perhaps the compressor crapped out instead.
I would suspect a leak at a threaded fitting or a hose or both.

Modern cars are such COMPLEX machines that things DO go wrong with them occasionally (even NEW ones).

Re: Sigh....my AC died.

ciddyguy
SeaDawg wrote
ciddyguy wrote

Well, there IS that aspect and it DID occur to me AFTER I'd posted and I DID also think perhaps the serpentine belt broke but that'd affect other things in the car so not likely that.

Re: Sigh....my AC died.

SeaDawg
ciddyguy wrote
Well, there IS that aspect and it DID occur to me AFTER I'd posted and I DID also think perhaps the serpentine belt broke but that'd affect other things in the car so not likely that.
True.

Re: Sigh....my AC died.

5*(10)^2
Yep. Compressor.

Ownership is getting quite stressful now. I really loathe going to the dealer again.

Now that dash vibrations thread got me thinking about mine too.

Also, my steering column trim is separating too.

Sigh.

Re: Sigh....my AC died.

Sorry to hear about your A/C. Any fuses blown?

Re: Sigh....my AC died.

ciddyguy
Fiat500USA wrote
Sorry to hear about your A/C. Any fuses blown?
That had also crossed my mind, briefly but decided no because when I had my 88 Honda Accord, it too had a broken AC unit and my Dad when he had the car was told the compressor was bad but knowing his condition at the time (not good, sick and would pass on later in the year), I suspected he took them at their word and tried to verify but didn't know how (now I do) but in the process, could not find any fuses for the AC system anywhere so never did get to verify if the compressor was OK or not.

I say this as the Fiat's AC system may or may not be on a fuse or relay, although it may well be on one so if not on either, then something like a bad compressor or something else is indeed the culprit.

Re: Sigh....my AC died.

Sal

I wouldn't worry about whats wrong with it;
Take it back to the dealer and let them worry about it.
Get a loaner and have a nice weekend.

Re: Sigh....my AC died.

Sal wrote
I wouldn't worry about whats wrong with it;
Take it back to the dealer and let them worry about it.
Get a loaner and have a nice weekend.
Hi Sal,  welcome to the forum!
I think you're right,  just let the warranty take care of it why stress out and ruin your experiance.
Yeah its disapointing. But what can you do.  Let them work the bugs out while you drive a loaner.

Let your contact at Fiat know .  I've had a car that needed warranty stuff in the begining, it was a pain but
I got 10 or 12 years out of it no problems after the first few months. Good luck!

Re: Sigh....my AC died.

Mike S
I demanded my Fiat be delivered knowing dealers and parts would not be up and running.

HOWEVER, this is a real challenge to drive to Freakout hoping all goes well.
Fiat does not need a blemish from people breaking down on their way to or from the event.

The return was launched at this event about a year ago. Dealers and almost open dealers should be ready to fix anything, anywhere.

I was ready to be down at home where I have other Fiats to drive when one breaks down, but, I can get parts and service for the old ones.

I'm gonna do it but it's scary.

Re: Sigh....my AC died.

Mike S
God my English sucks after a few beers.

Re: Sigh....my AC died.

Warranty work
My wifes 2012 Fiat 500 made it to 2556, that's less than 3000 miles, when her AC went out.  The put in a new relay.  The tech said it was located under the hood in the relay box (one screw holding the box closed).  He swapped it with the headlight relay to see if that was the problem.  It was.

Re: Sigh....my AC died.

fatpig
Auto temp control upgrade?  Let us know the diagnosis.Aion Kinah Gold