Real World Mileage Thread

Re: Real World Mileage Thread

FiatLancia
Just turned 2000 miles. Overall MPG during that time (March 10-May 14) is 42.8 according to the trip computer, and around 42.3 calculated. And yes, I do calculate mpg (miles/gallons) with each fillup and have records for every gallon of gas ever put in my Prima, except those initially put in in Toluca.... I find the computer estimates about .5mpg high.

Getting better with each tank. Right now, about 1/2 through the current tank, I'm getting 45.7 (computer) in mainly suburban driving (80%) with some city (10%) and some highway (10%).

One of the nicest surprises of this car has been the MPG exceeding our (and EPA's) expectations.
Shaun Folkerts

2012 Fiat 500 Prima Edizione #11

MINIER than MINI, SMARTER than SMART

www.FiatLancia.com/store.html

Re: Real World Mileage Thread

rossonero404
So far i only have 550 miles but have only been able to average about 27mpg.  I really only do city driving with only a few very short highway runs.  My commute to work everyday is only a few miles to the next town over.  I'm  wondering if my mileage will get better, it seems to be stuck on 27 for a while now.  I live in the boston area where roads are short, lots of stops and lights, not exactly suburban sprawl.  I'm thinking since i have such few miles it will eventually get better due to some trips down the highway into to Boston.  Even just "city" driving, i would hope to do better than this so far.
Prima Edizione #404
Rosso

Forza Milan!

Re: Real World Mileage Thread

Rick
I have 3,500 miles on #373 now and find that in town it ranges from 27 to 33.  If you drive it like a Porsche and keep the sport button on you will hit lower end of range.  Drive like your granny and you can get 33.  Since you are putting reg. gas in it, enjoy it for what it can do!
HotFiat.com
Oops.  I Fiated again!
Prima Edizione #373
1960 Fiat Multipla

Re: Real World Mileage Thread

rossonero404
27-33 is what i figured.  I do put premium gas however.  To me (and others) its totally worth it and for such a small tank the difference in cost is negligible, $2 a tank.  My driving style is mixed, but i find since this car does so well on gas i tend to drive easy to see if i can get the average mpg up.
Prima Edizione #404
Rosso

Forza Milan!

Re: Real World Mileage Thread

Prima148
800 miles, 34 mpg.  It's about 50/50 between interstate and a very very hilly city slog.

The fuel gauge is a little peculiar though -- 1 minute I'm fine, the next I'm suddenly low fuel.

Re: Real World Mileage Thread

sketch
rossonero404 wrote
So far i only have 550 miles but have only been able to average about 27mpg.  I really only do city driving with only a few very short highway runs.  My commute to work everyday is only a few miles to the next town over.  I'm  wondering if my mileage will get better, it seems to be stuck on 27 for a while now.  I live in the boston area where roads are short, lots of stops and lights, not exactly suburban sprawl.
Yeah, that's most likely all it is.  Short trips never yield good results because the worst time for fuel economy is that first five or ten minute period when the engine is still warming up.

My worst tank so far was my last, 30.0mpg with 100% city driving.  Best is 33.5mpg on a 100% highway tank.  Lifetime average is 31.6mpg, tracked over 2311 miles.

I've been hovering around 33.2 or so for this tank on the display.  I've actually been trying to be economical on this tank, to an extent, so we'll see how that pays off.

Re: Real World Mileage Thread

Thad
I'm finding that what is killing my good mpgs is the time I spend at red lights. I can watch the numbers drop as I sit there. Now I see where the start and stop systems help out.

Re: Real World Mileage Thread

SeaDawg
Filled up today... 5.643 gallons, 186.7 miles = 33.07 mpg.  Mostly in town but including a few crosstown trips on our east-west expressway.  Premium gas only.

Re: Real World Mileage Thread

jamesday24
I'm now at 2500 miles.

Cumulative 32.5 mpg = 2492 miles / 76.705 gallons.

I am either driving 30-40 mph around town or 70-80 mph on the highway, but rarely in the best range from 50-60 mph.
Bianco Prima Edizione 345 from Fields FIAT

Re: Real World Mileage Thread

SeaDawg
Thad wrote
I'm finding that what is killing my good mpgs is the time I spend at red lights. I can watch the numbers drop as I sit there. Now I see where the start and stop systems help out.
And as I understand it, Fiat has the 'start and stop' systems on 500's in Europe.

Re: Real World Mileage Thread

jcunny33
I've been reading the forum for a few weeks now but have decided to make my first post.

I bought my red sport 500 on 5/19/11 in South Atlanta and already have 1882 miles on it. My wife and I just completed a trip from Tennessee up to Waynesboro, Virginia via Interstate then drove the 469 miles back down the Blue Ridge Parkway. I Absolutely love this car and plan to do a full review soon. (I need to know the best place to do my review here on the forum).

Here is my MPG report:

391.6 miles/9.43 gals = 41.5 mpg (Interstate 68 to 70 w/cruise) (computer said 42.6)
283.8 miles/7.48 gals = 37.9 mpg (Blue Ridge Parkway w/many stops/starts) (computer said 39.7)
336.9 miles/8.60 gals = 38.9 mpg (Blue Ridge Parkway then to Sevierville, Tn) (computer said 40.7)

Blue Ridge Parkway speed limit of 45.

Driving home from Sevierville to home via Interstate experimenting 70 to 85 mph computer is showing 39.5 avg. w/too much fuel left to refill yet.

This little red buggy (as was referred to by an older gentleman at one stop when he asked me about my gas mileage) is wonderful whether on sharp turns through the mountains or on the interstate!

Re: Real World Mileage Thread

mtnroadbiker
update: 1st 3 tanks (display(reset at fill up)/cumulativeAvg(since last oil chg)/measured)

42.3/42.3/40.9
38.6/40.5/38.2
39.5/40.0/39.0

Looks like .5 mpg diff between display and measured. Got almost 1200 miles on it now.

I've been playing with Instant and it is quite Italian (aka: Strange)... A couple of days ago it said 106 miles range and after a 24 mile ride to work it said 102... and lunch I took it out for just a couple of miles and it dropped to 36 miles... after work I drove about 30 mintues in town and it went down to 32... I drove real conservative after that to see how long it would stay at 32 range... was able to get home about 20 min at about 60mph and almost all the way to work next day... it dropped to 31. Went out at lunch and was able to keep it at 32... The next time I started it gas light came on and range dropped to "--------". I filled up this eve and it took 9.7gal leaving about .8 of a gallon. --- PE#483

PS - still haven't pushed it much as I've got a 1994 Miata "M" that is a blast to drive hard (but not fast). The mileage doesn't change more than about 1 mpg if I baby it or kick the s*** out of it. My wife likes the Fiat manual better than the Mazda. Just ordered custom tag for it "IT JOB"... unlike the movie of same name the name fits the Fiat better than the featured (German) Mini's in the movie.

Re: Real World Mileage Thread

pplolo2012
i like this post very much!

ergo baby carrier
ergo baby
baby Rucksack

Re: Real World Mileage Thread

konglong
Very cool.  This seems like the most active forum, but the features of Nabble are lacking.  Glad to see something better is coming. Abnormal favorite online games, such as PC
WoW Gold and Diablo 3 Gold and FIFA 13 coins and Guild wars 2 gold Are among the most popular game currencies, including the PC and web games. I have a lot of experience with forums (mostly phpBB), so let me know if you want any help or need some moderators.

Re: Real World Mileage Thread

Michaeljohn
70% local and 40mph stuff and the rest was highway, mostly to and from the dealer a couple of times. Not too shabby for first tank and local driving. it had been coming up pretty fast since brand new and settled in at that mark for about the last 50-75 miles. Had those last two little bars remaining on the gas guage and the fill was 8.9 gal.

WOW Gold

Re: Real World Mileage Thread

fatpig
I would be curious to know if it's brisk driving or not myself. Aion Kinah Gold

Re: Real World Mileage Thread

zailaiboke
 On the second tank I'm averaging 33.2

http://www.teragoldeu.com/aion-kinah-566/

Re: Real World Mileage Thread

vonda007
I agree with the last review! very properly.
[url=http://www.lipovon.com//] quick weight loss[/url], [url=http://www.lipovon.com/]how to lose weight[/url], [url=http://www.lipovon.com/]weight loss pills[/url]

Re: Real World Mileage Thread

Hi, just a reminder. We've all moved to the new Fiat 500 USA Forum:
http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/forum.php

Make sure you stop by and visit. See you there!
Chris