Prima content

Giallo Edizione
OK, now that a window sticker has been posted, I must say I am confused again about what we get in a PE for $1,500 besides stripes, stitching and some black paint. I see parts of the convenience and sound/security , which together are $600 (all my dealers base Sports have them at that price when combined), although the convenience should have spare tire and I don't see that listed. If that is all, then the design items must have a cost of $900.  I recall earlier posts that estimated the design items to be more like $500.  What am I missing?  I do recall seeing something back then about uprated speakers but the sticker seem to make no reference.  Or have they changed the content in the actual built car.

Anyone know exactly what the $1,500 gets?

Thanks. I have a possible opportunity to swap my roof model for a non-roof that may become an orphan but I've been having second thoughts about the value in the PE.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Prima content

MrJones
Finale Edizione wrote
Anyone know exactly what the $1,500 gets?
The privilege of being one of the first Fiat 500 owners in the U.S.
Money well spent!

Re: Prima content

Giallo Edizione
MrJones wrote
Finale Edizione wrote
I can't even tell anymore when folks are sarcastic and when they are not.....
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Prima content

5*(10)^2
Think of it as how much will each PE component run you if you were to replace them. I am estimating LIST prices from parts department.

1. The regular stripes run for $400. So let's stick that to $400 for the special PE stripes.

2. Red stitching on seat. Entire seat: $500 to $800 each. x2. Remember the seat has an airbag in it. Maybe a new one has a new airbag or you could reuse an existing.

3. Red stitching steering wheel : $300 to $500. I am excluding the airbag.

4. Red stitching shift boot : $50 to $120.

5. Grey Bezel: $250 to $300.

6. PE round badge on seat: $25 to $50 each. x2. This badge maybe replaceable without buying a new seat.

7. PE round badge on A-pillar: $25 to $50 each. x2.

8. 500 numbered badge on bezel: $100 to $175. This badge maybe replaceable without buying a new bezel.

Disregarding the other bits about the alarm package, wheels etc.

Low est: $2200
High est: $3295

For $1500, I'd take it.

Re: Prima content

MrJones
You can't look at it that way. Why not factor in how much it would cost to replace the windows, wipers, roof liner, etc.... The sum of the parts will cost more than the whole. Many of these things will cost similarly to replace for non-PE models too.

In that case don't forget the special wheels, key fob, and USB.

It comes down to cost vs. value. The Prima costs more, but some will find a greater value in that extra cost. Value is whatever you want it to be.

Re: Prima content

Giallo Edizione
what I am really after is what part of the $1,500 is paying for the PE specific goodies. It looks like $900 to me if the only option content is the safety and sound package ( alarm and sirus) and convenience package (auto-climate and spare tire though maybe not spare tire) . Those two packages when combined are $600. Is there an "option" I am missing, or is the real cost of the PE upgrade $900 ( not saying its good or bad value, just trying to figure out what is or isn't in it).

What happened to the speaker upgrade that seemed to be listed in a past piece of literature?

Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Prima content

5*(10)^2
Jones, well, I tally up the parts that PE included. So wiper, roof liner does not count. Obviously, as a manufacturer, the cost to put the above list together is much, much less. I am aware of this. Not buying my first car btw.

In reality, I would think at some pt, regular 500 folks might want to retrofit the steering wheel, the boot and even the gray bezel. Yikes.

I checked the key fob before. Are they really PE special?

The USB is part of the BLUE&me yes? That comes std for Sport trim.

The wheels with black pockets seem to be questionable as PE. Chris V posted the features/options pdf for 2012 Fiat 500. Under wheels I saw this:

16-in. cast-aluminum with polished face with dark mineral gray painted pockets
And it's listed as std for Sport trim. So the question is...is dark mineral gray really just black?

Re: Prima content

5*(10)^2
Ah I see...

"past piece literature" as in the one sent out on november 17 2010? Or is there another?

The november 17 literature says BOSE premium system.

The options/features pdf says BOSEĀ® Energy Efficiency Series (EES) audio system with six premium speakers and subwoofer as std for sport trim.

I wasn't aware of any upgrade from this BOSEĀ® Energy Efficiency Series system. Can you post a link where you saw it?

Re: Prima content

MrJones
I think I know what you're asking, but it's hard to pinpoint the cost breakdown because of the "exclusivity" of some of the parts.
You are on the right track as far as breaking it down by trying to build a comparable non-PE Sport:

Base Sport=$17,500
Delivery=$500
convenience packages (when "bundled" together)=$600
stripe=$400

Total=$19,000
So, it stands to reason the items included in the Prima package--those items that are not otherwise available to a non-PE sport--is priced at $500.

This seems like a reasonable value for some.

Re: Prima content

Giallo Edizione
Thanks. $400 for stripes? Yikes. Wonder if stripping those stripes off decreases or increases the value....
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Prima content

unclelaverne
I was totally gonna ditch those awful stripes ASAP.  But, they have really grown on me and I like them now.
#315 So Cal

Re: Prima content

Giallo Edizione
unclelaverne wrote
I was totally gonna ditch those awful stripes ASAP.  But, they have really grown on me and I like them now.
Ok I will step out of character and keep an open mind until this weekend when I will see a Rosso PE.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Prima content

prima 109
Mineral grey is NOT black.  It is what's on the sport model on top of Chris's blog and the demo vehicles.
Craig #109 Rosso with sunroof/post assembly block heater.

Re: Prima content

MrJones
I was joking about the wipers, etc.--

I know this dead horse has been kicked a lot, but this spec sheet for the Canadian Prima mentioned a special key fob and USB* stick included. Maybe some of you U.S. Prima owners out there can verify this?

*not to be confused with USB port, which is standard on all models.
Wheels are definitely different on Prima than standard sport.

Re: Prima content

unclelaverne
If by "special" key fob, you mean smashed, then yes I got a special one.  lol  No.  Nothing special about it and no USB stick for me.
#315 So Cal

Re: Prima content

FiatDude
Could someone please post a link to the PE window sticker?

I stand corrected. I looked and found what I thought I saw on Chris's pic site. I think I was looking at a Canadian summary. The US summary clearly showed same content as shipped cars have, no speaker upgrades or anything else.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Prima content

MrJones
You can see it here

Re: Prima content

Doodles
Here's some pictures that might blow your mind
 Red dash on a prima . North side Fiat Houston
Prima # 316  Found on facebook/fiatusa

Re: Prima content

Mike S
Hola Doodles,

There is hope for a positive screw up.  We never considered that!
12