Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

sjmst
As most of you know, the Prima Edizione will have a black srtipe just below the windows (see, eg, Rossa below, with and without).
Simple question, do you think it looks better with or without?
I think the stripe looks best with Gray or White. Red not so sure.
Your thoughts?

Re: Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

FiatGal
Personally, I say no. I think they look the same on every color. I also think it may be a gendered choice. I've never been one for stripes and decals, but maybe guys are more inclined to customize their cars that way? (I'm sure a woman will pipe up and say she wants the stripe and likes decals etc. so I should probably  shut up.)

Re: Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

CaliberSRT4
I think no stripe looks better.

Also, isn't the stripe going to be optional on the PE's?

Re: Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

cinquecento
No stripe for me--my mind could be changed, however, if they changed it to the European Abarth-style, or it said "Prima" somewhere on it.
398 -> 24

Re: Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

sjmst
I'd normally never put that stripe on. On the other hand, I have to see it in the metal.

Re: Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

Gavin
cinquecento wrote
No stripe for me--my mind could be changed, however, if they changed it to the European Abarth-style, or it said "Prima" somewhere on it.
THIS!!!

Make the stripe lower on the door panel area just like the Abarth stripe except it says Prima...

Highlight the First part over the 500 part...first is what Prima edition is about.

That type stripe alone would tilt me back toward getting my Prima (right now I tilt toward canceling and getting the Lounge version).

Gavin

Re: Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

Mike S
I think it's fine and I ordered mine in red.

Re: Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

Minuszka
No stripe for me. Mike S. - is that your old 500?

Re: Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

sam500
I'm 80% in the no-stripe zone, although the more I look at it the more I like it :-/ (especially in red).

Definitely no stripe if I go grey.

However, I'm a huge fan of subtlety and I think the Prima looks beautiful without it.

Re: Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

I was surprised at first, but now I like it (I like the 500 script). It's part of the package that makes the car unique along with the roof and other features. I'll leave mine on.

Re: Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

Gavin
Mmmmm, I still stand by the fact that you have 500 on the dash, on the tires, on the seats....so put Prima on the stripe...what makes it unique is the prima part, not the 500 part...

So prima stripe like the abarth stripe...the abarth brags that it is an Abarth...the Prima should brag that it is a Prima.

Gavin

Re: Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

JustWilliam
  Stripes, polka-dots, "hello kitty"-  I'm just not a fan of "graphics packages" in general.  Attractive, well resolved designs can actually be diluted and even "cheapened" by adhesive vinyl distractions.

  That said, they do have their place as a legitimate way to differentiate or make a statement. At one time, mass market car companies offered so many options and variations that you couldn't help but create your perfect specification, order it, and purchase YOUR car for a reasonable price. I have to give props to MINI for reintroducing that level of personalization, and to Fiat North America for offering it on a SIGNIFICANTLY less expensive car than MINI.

  A Prima Edition is a very special 500. The stripes should be just as valuable as the numbered dash plate and "early adopter" status. They will always be treasured and admired along with their original owners.

  Peace,
  William

“You can safely assume that you've created god in your own image when it turns out that god hates all the same people you do.”

Anne Lamott

Re: Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

Mike S
That pic is of my current Fiat 500. It is a 1964 500D.

Fiat did not offer the sporty stripe in 1964.

Re: Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

Fiat500USA wrote
I was surprised at first, but now I like it (I like the 500 script). It's part of the package that makes the car unique along with the roof and other features. I'll leave mine on.
Right, it looks proportional to the black roof. Makes the black on red theme balanced. Like I said, I
gotta see it.

Re: Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

othon
Grey the best with stripe.

Re: Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

Gavin
Anybody good with photoshop who can add "Prima" to the sport model in an Abarth style stripe and Abarth placement lower on the doors??

I guess I could do the vinyl as an aftermarket item, but it would be cool to have it done officially by Fiat.

Gavin

Re: Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

sjmst
Gavin wrote
Anybody good with photoshop who can add "Prima" to the sport model in an Abarth style stripe and Abarth placement lower on the doors??

I guess I could do the vinyl as an aftermarket item, but it would be cool to have it done officially by Fiat.

Gavin
I'd love to see that!

Re: Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

Gavin
remember that I suck at photoshop...imagine this with the stripe not slightly rotated and much better lettering...and the small round metal prima number on the door pillar...forgot to add that...grrrr...

still I like this better...red stripe on the white prima...black, or even better would be blue, on the grey model....black stripe on red version.

Gavin

Re: Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

cinquecento
Outstanding! Though I'm guessing Fiat wouldn't like the exact same colors and look of the Abarth, this would be a good template for sure!  If the stripe ends up how it's been shown until now, we can all peel them off and get a custom order of ... vinyls.  Never thought I'd actually be looking for a vinyl.  Still, gotta flaunt the Prima if you've got it!
398 -> 24

Re: Prima: Stripe or no Stripe?

Gavin
gah...I really need to take a photoshop course one day...holy crap did I do a horrid job here...

I would love a similar dark blue stripe similar to this on my grey Prima...heck that alone could get me to go prima with sunroof instead of Lounge with fixed glass roof

forgot to blacken the roof on this...sorry

Gavin
123