Prima Colors!

sam500
So I figured I would start the Prima Edizione color discussion.

What are you all thinking, red, gray, or white?

Re: Prima Colors!

Vlad92
I reserved the red, but after seeing the sneak peek I'm concerned the red looks a bit dark.  I sure hope it is a bright red (and not a dull red).  About 4 years ago I leased a Saab 9-3 Aero.  This is the shade of red I'm talking about!

Re: Prima Colors!

I grabbed a grey one, mainly because I like the dark dash, but have second thoughts. Now I don't know! The grey with the red interior looks cool. The red I think is the pearlescent Ragamuffin Red (hard to tell with the 1 inch pics they sent, I'm trying to get bigger ones, we'll see how that goes).

I am torn between the two!

Re: Prima Colors!

I'm checking out the 500 configurator  here

and the configurator at  Fiat UK here

So hard to tell with the colors

Re: Prima Colors!

Vlad92
Thanks for the UK link.... based on that then I sure hope it's the Pasodoble Red they list.  The other red seems dull to me.

Re: Prima Colors!

sam500
I reserved red, mostly because I love the way the dash works against black. I also like how timeless and iconic it can look, particularly with retro hatch-backs. Take a look at the classic 500s.

I am however, thinking about switching to gray! I know it's far more subtle (some people might say boring?) but I think it has a certain elegance, that the others don't. Also, gray dash could be pretty amazing, and I'd love to see the red FIAT badge against grey.

I love the UK 500 configurator, as well as the one at fiat500.com, but I think I might have to see them in person before knowing for sure. Who knew colors could be so tricky?

Re: Prima Colors!

Queen of Parts
I got red.  I can't stand white cars and they are all over the place!  I also like how the red looks with the dash, but I am hoping for the deep red I see in some of the pictures.  Can't wait to see it!

Rob

Re: Prima Colors!

Rob
Grey. #49

I think I like the more subdued color. My wife drives a grey C350 Mercedes and I really like the color.

Re: Prima Colors!

sam500
So, for those that don't know, the FIAT USA Facebook page has higher res images of the Prima models available.

However, I'm still torn. Rosso v. Grigio ??

Re: Prima Colors!

Hi Sam,

I posted them here on my home page to make it easier to view.

I'm in the same boat, red or grey! Can't decide...

Re: Prima Colors!

sam500
Just throwing a fun, but not necessarily helpful article into the mix :)

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/09/three-colors-available-for-u-s-spec-fiat-500/

Re: Prima Colors!

sketch
Aw, am I gonna be the first here to have reserved one in bianco?  I'd been considering white for my next car for a while, and I think the 500 looks great in it.

Re: Prima Colors!

FiatGal
No no... not the only one. I too selected white. I think it looks very nice in white as well. Although which white? Funk white? Bossa nova white?
Then again... I'm having second thoughts as well. I wanted a black interior, then forgot about the matching dash. I've got to rethink the interior color scheme now...
Why can't one of the colors be that awesome blue in the 500 by Diesel. Now THAT's an incredible color!
I'm starting to lean toward Grey...

--Laura

Re: Prima Colors!

This is a TOUGH decision... I go back and forth between the colors. I know it might be blasphemy, but I think I would like to be able to change the dash color. In Europe there are carbon fiber dash kits.

Re: Prima Colors!

FiatGal
Me too!!!

I sort of had this in my head: white with all black interior. ALL black...

Decisions, decisions...

Re: Prima Colors!

prima 109
I ordered red.  I hope it's the bright red like on the top pages of Chris's blog site.  Or I may also be torn between red and grey, as much as I dislike grey.  This car may make an exception.
Craig #109 Rosso with sunroof/post assembly block heater.

Re: Prima Colors!

prima 109
Just looked at configuator for UK and the red on the Prima is definiately not the ragamuffin red.  But dosen't look exactly like Passodoble red either.  Yikes!
Craig #109 Rosso with sunroof/post assembly block heater.

Re: Prima Colors!

sam500
Guessing since what we're getting are mostly computer generated images, and that's exactly what you're looking at when you use the configurators, you are much better served looking at the actual pictures FIAT's released as to the actual tone of red.

I'm really looking forward to seeing all of them in person, since I'm sure they'll be quite different, and might evoke completely different reactions than the pictures.

Re: Prima Colors!

FiatGal
Ok. I'm starting to lean more to red, mainly because I prefer how the matching red dash looks inside. I've pretty much excluded the ivory ambiance, mainly because I fear it would get dirty quicker, especially on the steering wheel. I have two reservations with the red:

I originally excluded red because of the idea (myth?) that red cars get stopped more easily. Not that I speed, but I do spend a fair amount of time commuting on the turnpike... What do others think about this?

I like the red dash with the red/black seat (if that's an option of course), but do we know how well the reds match? Any thoughts there?

Re: Prima Colors!

barbo464
Rosso. I hope is the same red as the one in the forum's picture!
12