Price of my PE confirmed

Welshy
Just went down to see our PE and the sticker price was $20,350.00 MSRP
This is for a white PE with sunroof. I didn't have much time to study the monroney since the car was heading to the workshop for final checks.
Would be interested to see if there is a State variation and what people end up paying. I'll confirm what I final pay next week, and my thoughts on the dealership.

Re: Price of my PE confirmed

Mike S
What city, state?

Re: Price of my PE confirmed

fredfrey
That is the right price for a Prima.

$19,500 is MSRP  ($17,500 -sport + $1,500- prima package + $500-destination)
+$850 sunroof
$20,350.00

Beware, "dealer fees" are not listed on the sticker.

Re: Price of my PE confirmed

Welshy
Thank you. What are the dealer fees for and is it legal..? Very inexperienced in buying a new car. By the way I'm in Los Angeles.

Re: Price of my PE confirmed

Welshy
Los Angeles, CA

Re: Price of my PE confirmed

Doodles
You forgot the sales tax; maybe at least another 1300.00 !!!

Re: Price of my PE confirmed

5*(10)^2
The fees for Los Angeles are:

1. Doc fee $55
2. License fee $312
3. CA tire fee $8.75

Tax will be on the price of your vehicle + doc fee only.

Make sure they deduct the $500 from the price of the vehicle BEFORE they tax you.

Re: Price of my PE confirmed

Welshy
Thank you so much. Is the dealer fee on top of these numbers too. Any idea what they are looking to charge..? And can I refuse to pay it ?

Re: Price of my PE confirmed

5*(10)^2
That's all you pay. Today I have them print out an out-the-door quote for me.

Btw you are picking up from MVLA?

Re: Price of my PE confirmed

Welshy
Have it covered. I don't believe in nickel and dimeing anyone, but just want to pay the going rate and not be hit with salesperson jibberish and a load of unwanted extras (knowing that there's others that want the car if I turn it down). It seems you do lose the upper hand and bargaining chip in this type of scenario compared with buying any other car.

Re: Price of my PE confirmed

Doodles
What about the sales tax ??
At least 6% in Fla
1300.00 or more .
You better add it in.. !!

Re: Price of my PE confirmed

fredfrey
Yes, there is sales tax and yes there are registration fees.. I was responding to the sticker price being correct or not. Those fees are not part of the MSRP.  If you are being charged "dealer fees" you can argue but they can insist. If you don't like it, go to a dealer that does not charge them.

Re: Price of my PE confirmed

CaliberSRT4
Welshy wrote
Thank you so much. Is the dealer fee on top of these numbers too. Any idea what they are looking to charge..? And can I refuse to pay it ?
There is no such fee as "dealer fee". Fredfrey was just speaking generically. The "Doc fee" is what he is referring to, and is often used by dealers to pad their profits. However, in California the legal limit on the Doc fee is $55. The remainder of the fees are what is known collectively as "tax, title, and license". These fees are all charged by the state. Seems 5*(10)^2 already listed the exact fees for CA, except you still have to add the CA sales tax to that.

Re: Price of my PE confirmed

Welshy
Again thank you all for your comments.
I am so looking forward to getting the car. Planning a trip up PCH to SF. Anybody fancy a FIAT convoy..???

Re: Price of my PE confirmed

fredfrey
I only call the extra charges "dealer fees" is that is the term that Jim Arrigo from Sawgrass used. But regardless - we should all try to avoid paying this extra charge. Honest dealers need to be supported.

Re: Price of my PE confirmed

Mike S
Fred

You will be happy to know that I just one minute ago changed my delivering dealer to Sarasota. Arrigo has not provided my VIN which they were going to do last Thursday and have also not provided the total price breakdown. In the past they did say there was a $595 doc fee or dealer fee or whatever they want to call the extra profit fee.

I've already waited too long for the car. I know the car will come to Ft Lauderdale and Arrigo will likely punish me by keeping the car as long as they can before releasing it for delivery to Sarasota but that can't make this "special" Fiat experience any worse than it already has been.

Re: Price of my PE confirmed

fredfrey
Good news!  Don't be too pessimistic about the delay. It's not a forgone conclusion that FIAT will deliver it to Arrigo. If it's in Ft Lauderdale at a hub then the can put it on the transport and deliver it to Sarasota. It would be nice if we could accurately track these cars.... :(     Did you speak to Tim in Sarasota and see if he has any info or updates?

Re: Price of my PE confirmed

Mike S
I just spoke with Tim to let him know I switched. There are no updates yet.

It's too bad we have no other way to communicate with Fiat. I understand from Tim that Fiat is hearing us loud and clear. We don't need the good Fiat dealers getting tarnished by the Dodge Boys.

Re: Price of my PE confirmed

lou #306 SF
Welshy,

I live in SF and may be interested in a PCH convoy.   Where are you driving from?

Lou

PE#306