Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

5*(10)^2
Update: May 06, 2011:  Finally. The car is ready. Might I add that the shop blended in the bumper colors into the rest of the car. They reckon this job is much better than the factory!

So there you have it. This saga, drama, ordeal, has now come to an end. For those who have been reading, thank you for listening. Thanks to Chris for letting me blabber here. This is a great forum and it will be for years to come.

5*(10)^2 wrote
Mar 18, 2011: Car delivered; Defects/blemishes found. Sent snail mail to LS.
Mar 23 2011: Paint flaking/Tried contacting LS again.
Mar 24 2011: LS replied and will take care of this. Received a call from Josh right way. The same day Chrysler HQ called.
Mar 28, 2011: Chrysler HQ contacted my dealer. Assigned service advisor to me who will write up a full report on the defects and send to Chrysler HQ. Car dropped off for this inspection. Received s/w update.
Apr 05, 2011: Called Chrysler HQ for an update. Parts have to be priced first before ordering them. It has been a week since they "ordered" the parts.
Apr 06, 2011: Communication issue. Parts were actually ordered and due to arrive on Apr 22.
Apr 21, 2011: Parts arrived. Need to be painted. No loaner car.
Apr 22, 2011: Emailed Chrysler HQ about loaner. Confirmed coverage.
Apr 25, 2011: Car dropped off for parts replacement. Fingers crossed.
Apr 27, 2011: Visited body shop. Car will be ready by Friday.
Apr 29, 2011: Picking up Sat morning.
Apr 30, 2011: Went to pick up car. But poor work. Left the car behind at the shop.
May 02, 2011:  Chrysler HQ and Fiat USA received message. Big ball is rolling.

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

Mike S
The hood needs to be aligned.

It's over the bumper. Mine needs to be adjusted too.

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

5*(10)^2 wrote
Update: May 06, 2011:  Finally. The car is ready. Might I add that the shop blended in the bumper colors into the rest of the car. They reckon this job is much better than the factory!

So there you have it. This saga, drama, ordeal, has now come to an end. For those who have been reading, thank you for listening. Thanks to Chris for letting me blabber here. This is a great forum and it will be for years to come.
Congratulations 5*(10)^2, and good for you for sticking to your guns and not lowering your standards.  We are really the pioneers here, and the hard work, sacrifice (and aggravation from time to time) will ultimately benefit those who come after us.  I believe it will improve the experience for future owners.

I will continue to bring issues and observations discussed here to the folks that care in the company. Two weeks ago I was with a high level engineer and he was very interested in these observations. He was flying down to the factory and I'm sure the conversation wasn't wasted.

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

Nutmeg500fan
Not sure if you've addressed the hood misalignment- you really should after all this - your Cinquecento deserves it!
AJ
New Haven, CT
2012 Rame Sport 500

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

5*(10)^2
Nutmeg500fan wrote
Not sure if you've addressed the hood misalignment- you really should after all this - your Cinquecento deserves it!

LoL! Thanks for the reply. It wasn't a hood misalignment issue. We were checking the engine bay but didn't close completely prior to taking the picture.

But in comparing this work to the factory Rosso at the lot the other day, I do reckon the shop did a much better job of blending the colors to the rest of the body.

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

Miguel Angel Melero
I am the owner of FIAT 500 PE number 211.  This is just to let you know how terribly disappointed I am with the incredibly low quality of the FIAT 500 and terrible service of FIAT USA.

I have been waiting for nearly 6 months for the replacement of a defective part (the right seat, which did not fold properly and, after one week, did not fold at all). After 4 visits to the FIAT OF MANHATTAN service, they have been unable to repair it. The last time, despite telling me that the parts were there and the car being with the dealer for the whole of last week. Not only that, they have not called me to tell me that the car had not been repaired, and have lied to me tonight about the status of the work, having to wait for an extra hour at the dealer and receiving a car which had not been repaired, and was in even worse condition than when I left it, as the seat is now broken and the car scratched.

I am going try to return the car to the dealer and go balistic in the internet with my complaints about the product. Piece of junk.
1234