Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

PE#454 wrote
Perfect so far! The truck didn't roll in until almost closing. He had passed right by the dealership and one of the sales guys shouted, "There goes your car!" I jumped in my MINI and chased the guy several miles before he turned around and I led him back. (Wish I had a video of that.) I have to take it back tomorrow for P(ost)DI and cleaning and paperwork.

Thanks for the birthday wishes--it was ideal that I got my car today!

Double congratulations on your birthday and your new car!!

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

Giallo Edizione
PE#454 wrote
Perfect so far! The truck didn't roll in until almost closing. He had passed right by the dealership and one of the sales guys shouted, "There goes your car!" I jumped in my MINI and chased the guy several miles before he turned around and I led him back. (Wish I had a video of that.) I have to take it back tomorrow for P(ost)DI and cleaning and paperwork.

Thanks for the birthday wishes--it was ideal that I got my car today!
Chasing it down and herding it back in. I love it!

Happy Birthday 454!
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

Terry
Dear Chris,

Congrats on the cinquecento and tanti auguri on your birthday...Running this site should give you one personally screwed together by Laura S!

All the best!

Terry

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

PE#454 wrote
Perfect so far! The truck didn't roll in until almost closing. He had passed right by the dealership and one of the sales guys shouted, "There goes your car!" I jumped in my MINI and chased the guy several miles before he turned around and I led him back. (Wish I had a video of that.) I have to take it back tomorrow for P(ost)DI and cleaning and paperwork.

Thanks for the birthday wishes--it was ideal that I got my car today!
Wow, great story! A Mini chasing down a Fiat! Congrats and Happy Birthday.

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

fredfrey
I was in a store today and came out to a guy photographing my car with his phone. He asked how I liked it, to which I replied "I love it".  He told me he had a Mini Cooper and he was planing on trading it in toward a 500!  Another victory for FIAT.

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

fredfrey wrote
I was in a store today and came out to a guy photographing my car with his phone. He asked how I liked it, to which I replied "I love it".  He told me he had a Mini Cooper and he was planing on trading it in toward a 500!  Another victory for FIAT.
Awesome!  I'm going down to see some folks from Fiat next week, I'll tell them about this. They'll get a kick out of it!

Hi Terry,  Thanks for that, but it's actually PE#454s birthday. My birthday is in November, don't rush it!

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

5*(10)^2
Chris,

I really like hanging out with all of you in this thread but...

Any chance you can help separate the current conversation to another thread? I am hoping to keep a proper log of my issues.

Cheers!

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

5*(10)^2 wrote
Chris,

I really like hanging out with all of you in this thread but...

Any chance you can help separate the current conversation to another thread? I am hoping to keep a proper log of my issues.

Cheers!

Yes, good point.  Let's get back on track y'all!

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

5*(10)^2
Update:

Parts arrived. Need to be painted. No loaner car.

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

Welshy
You are joking...no loaner car....? You should at least get that for the inconvenience. Don't forget to ask for your "hush" money...!!!

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

5*(10)^2
Welshy wrote
lol! I am going to tell them I am taking a bus home just to prove a point.

Update: One email. One phone call from HQ to the dealer. I have a loaner. This is bloody amazing!

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

5*(10)^2
This post was updated on .
Update: Car dropped off for parts replacement. Fingers crossed.

5*(10)^2 wrote
Mar 18, 2011: Car delivered; Fefects/blemishes found. Sent snail mail to LS.
Mar 23 2011: Paint flaking/Tried contacting LS again.
Mar 24 2011: LS replied and will take care of this. Received a call from Josh right way. The same day Chrysler HQ called.
Mar 28, 2011: Chrysler HQ contacted my dealer. Assigned service advisor to me who will write up a full report on the defects and send to Chrysler HQ. Car dropped off for this inspection. Received s/w update.
Apr 05, 2011: Called Chrysler HQ for an update. Parts have to be priced first before ordering them. It has been a week since they "ordered" the parts.
Apr 06, 2011: Communication issue. Parts were actually ordered and due to arrive on Apr 22.
Apr 21, 2011: Parts arrived. Need to be painted. No loaner car.
Apr 22, 2011: Emailed Chrysler HQ about loaner. Confirmed coverage.
Apr 25, 2011: Car dropped off for parts replacement. Fingers crossed.

Apr 27, 2011: Visited body shop. Car will be ready by Friday.

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

5*(10)^2
This post was updated on .
Update: Picking up Sat morning.

Some pics. Needless to say, the dealer ordered all the parts. Nothing was left out or spared. This I am really impressed.

Apr 29, 2011: Picking up Sat morning.

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

5*(10)^2
Update: Apr 30, 2011: Went to pick up car. But poor work. Left the car behind at the shop.

Dropped by the bodyshop in hope of seeing a perfect car...but no. Utterly horrible. Car is left back in the shop.

Doesn't that look like something I could have done? Just dab it and forget it.

This shop has done amazing work and I find it preposterous that they will let this happen. As it turns out, the shop was rushing this job at the request of the dealership (perhaps to save my car rental cost?).

Utterly, absolutely disappointed.

[...]

sjmst
Schlock job, I'd report that up the Chrysler chain of command.

Re: Picked up my PE and some tips for all.

5*(10)^2
sjmst wrote
Schlock job, I'd report that up the Chrysler chain of command.
Definitely. I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks for reading.