PE Spare Tire

KO

Re: PE Spare Tire

KO
Seems expensive considering the cost of the entire "safety and convenience" package on the Sport includes a spare (auto temp control, compact spare tire, alarm system, heated front seats).  The website lists for $650 but the dealer only charged $400 when I just ordered a Sport.
Bianco Perla (pearl white) Sport, manual trans, with convenience package on order...

Re: PE Spare Tire

SpidArman wrote
Iwould caution going out and getting a 13" wheel.  Someone needs to confirm that a 13 or 14" wheel will clear the calipers.

Arman

True, I have a 128 rim and will look into it...

Re: PE Spare Tire

SeaDawg
KO wrote
Seems expensive considering the cost of the entire "safety and convenience" package on the Sport includes a spare (auto temp control, compact spare tire, alarm system, heated front seats).  The website lists for $650 but the dealer only charged $400 when I just ordered a Sport.
That's because the 'Safety and Convenience Package' for the Sport does NOT contain heated front seats, hence the $250 lower price tag.
Ko

Re: PE Spare Tire

Ko
Figured that out from another forum today after the saleman assured me it did include all items. Not sure if i would have made the same decision.

Re: PE Spare Tire

SeaDawg wrote
KO wrote
Seems expensive considering the cost of the entire "safety and convenience" package on the Sport includes a spare (auto temp control, compact spare tire, alarm system, heated front seats).  The website lists for $650 but the dealer only charged $400 when I just ordered a Sport.
That's because the 'Safety and Convenience Package' for the Sport does NOT contain heated front seats, hence the $250 lower price tag.
Are you sure about that as recently here on the forum, it's been announced that heated seats ARE included with manual, and in the sport as I just selected safety and convenience option with the sport 5spd on the configurator and there it was listed and the price, $650.

But, as was said below you, it's a dealer installed option though.

Re: PE Spare Tire

SeaDawg
ciddyguy wrote
Are you sure about that as recently here on the forum, it's been announced that heated seats ARE included with manual, and in the sport as I just selected safety and convenience option with the sport 5spd on the configurator and there it was listed and the price, $650.
Best I could tell you is to get one of these guys that JUST ordered a Sport with Safety and Convenience Package and get their VIN number and put it in that website that shows the windowsticker for that particular VIN number.

The configurator also used to list the Alarm System for both Convenience and Sound packages, but if you ordered both they adjusted $50, I think it was, off the Sound package price.

They really need to get the configurator fixed so it agrees with what is available at the dealers to avoid confusion and hard feelings.  Disclaimers are nice, but still.
KO

Re: PE Spare Tire

KO
Sorry for the confusion. What I meant is that I read elsewhere that you are right about no seat heaters with the $400 package for the Sport.
Bianco Perla (pearl white) Sport, manual trans, with convenience package on order...
Don

Re: PE Spare Tire

Don
If you didn't order your car with the spare tire option expect to pay about $1,000 dollars at the dealer to retro-fit your car. No kit is available according to Chrysler, all the parts have to be ordered individually. Why a spare tire isn't standard equipment is a question Chrysler/Fiat needs to answer and there should be a law against this practice.

Re: PE Spare Tire

ciddyguy
Don wrote
If you didn't order your car with the spare tire option expect to pay about $1,000 dollars at the dealer to retro-fit your car. No kit is available according to Chrysler, all the parts have to be ordered individually. Why a spare tire isn't standard equipment is a question Chrysler/Fiat needs to answer and there should be a law against this practice.
It appears to be more common than you think and not just for Chrysler, but many makes now do this and while I agree, it SHOULD be standard but it isn't always. Didn't used to be like this as pretty much everyone had a spare, even Fiat back in the day and they were stowed up in the engine compartment of all places.

Re: PE Spare Tire

Mr500
I have owned many cars and dealt with a few flat tires in my time.  I carry a regular plug kit like a garage would use in my car.   (Plug kit not the patch kit)   I usually purchase the T-handle one for about 8 - 10 dollars at Walmart. I have repaired at least 6 tires this way and never had any problem.  I just fill the tire up 3 to 5 pounds more than the required pressure and find the nail.  Prepare the plug, remove the nail and plug.  I agree a patch is a better method but I never had a single problem with the plug method if done right.   I have done this same method since 1970. I have driven over 35000 miles on these same tires without any further problems.  I like the compressor method better than the 700 dollar spare tire cost  added to the cost of the Fiat.  Saves time with tire repair and money hauling extra weight with a temporary tire.  They can keep the slime I will never use it is not worth the mess.  I hope this suggestion helps!
123