Opened Fiat Dealers

Post hear if you know of a Fiat dealer that is opened.

Thanks to all that suggested this!

Re: Opened Fiat Dealers

Jim McKenzie
DAMN!   You got me Chris, I thought when I saw this new category they'd be a list :)

But a great idea to start this topic, it WILL fill up soon !
1973 Fiat 850 Sport Spider
1977 Fiat X1/9

Re: Opened Fiat Dealers

sam500
Motor Village of LA opened today!! http://www.motorvillagela.com/

Drove by this morning, and saw a couple of people roaming around. I'll be going in later today to take a look, and see if I can schedule a test drive :)

Re: Opened Fiat Dealers

jvsgabriel
If this is the case, I think a little trip up north to LA will be in the near future for me.  I can also visit the guys at Fiat500 Madness too.  Would love to go see what fun and new stuff they have on sale.  Hope our cars come soon.  How long does it take to make a car anyways?

Joel #366

Re: Opened Fiat Dealers

sam500
Just got back from motor village! No cars to test drive yet, but I talked to a very helpful sales rep who allowed me to play with a dozen or so 500 Sports (all soon to be shipped to a number of dealerships around the US). Took plenty of pictures that I will be uploading for all to see!

Re: Opened Fiat Dealers

Wimbledon
Great, can't wait to see the photos!
Also join us on the Fiat Scene forums

Re: Opened Fiat Dealers

sjmst
Wimbledon wrote
Great, can't wait to see the photos!
YES YES!

Re: Opened Fiat Dealers

sam500
Okay, most of the pictures didn't really turn out because my phone decided not to work properly. Next time I'll take a proper camera! Here are a few dash pictures of the grey and the red. Couldn't really find a white one that was open.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/samuelisaacs/sets/72157625824540851/

Re: Opened Fiat Dealers

sjmst
Looks nice! Was that red non-metallic?

Re: Opened Fiat Dealers

sam500
It was (all the pictures of the red are)! They actually had both shades on the floor, and I must say that they are both really nice. The regular rosso looks quite sporty, while the brillante is pretty sophisticated. I'd be happy driving either car.

Also, a couple of side notes:

-The Bose sound system is quite good, particularly since the car is so quiet inside.

-I very much like the mesh screen for the sunroof, since it keeps the car quite bright inside.

-The vinyl of the sport seats is really nice quality, and it feels so much like leather, that the sales rep was convinced that it was.

-All buttons and knobs feel quite sturdy.

- I actually had a chance to sit in the back for a little while, and I must say, at 6'1'', I could ride back there for a little while and not be horribly uncomfortable (though as we've all heard many times the back seats aren't exactly spacious).

Re: Opened Fiat Dealers

sjmst
Thanks, Sam!

Re: Opened Fiat Dealers

Springer2011
I do not want to be the squeaky wheel but this is what has happened to me concerning Motor Village of LA. I got on their website Saturday and filled out their internet sales info so they could contact me. Well, NO ONE CONTACTED ME.

I read on their website that they were having a grand opening today so I called the phone number on their website and asked to talk to Fiat sales. The Fiat personnel were at their new location and their was no phone number to contact them at their new location. Instead I got voice mail with no name and introduction.

Since I live in northern California and do not beleive dealers are as far along as this dealership locally I hope Fiat is serious in contacting people to sell their cars.

I know that they are busy opening up their new location but hopefully they get better at this. I thought Fiat would be able to improve Chrysler's business model but seems like it will take more time.

Re: Opened Fiat Dealers

sam500
Springer, Motor Village of LA is just in the process of finishing their move from their former location on La Brea to the new multi-story flagship store Downtown. Everything is still very much a work in progress (as you can see from their website), so I think their "Grand Opening" was an overly enthusiastic way of saying that their new location is now open. No big to do at all, just a few cars, and sales reps still waiting to get completely set up. As of now, they have not contacted anyone (I too filled out one of their forms) mostly because due to "licensing protocol" as one rep put it, they are not allowed to sell or even try to sell, or test drive any of the cars. I was told that they should begin to get FIAT inventory as early as next week, so you might expect to get a call or email then.

I know things are a bit messy right now, but you must keep in mind that the brand is just now launching, and FIAT is thinking about more than just one dealership. If it's any consolation, many of the cars that I saw are actually bound for dealerships around the area (maybe even Northern California), so I think you might be able to check out or even test drive one soon.

Re: Opened Fiat Dealers

Hi Springer,

All these test drive cars belong to Chrysler and are not for sale. They are called "pre-production marketing units " and there is a specific protocol with them (such as dealer prep and some other things). The Prima Edizione cars are the first production cars.

Fiat of Clearwater, Florida info

Jim McKenzie
I drove down to the Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealer on Gulf to Bay (Route 60) today. They have been awarded a Fiat Studio. I spoke with a very helpful (but obviously Chrysler-based) sales rep who told me that they would have their first Fiat 500 onsite within two weeks. He also told me that a sales manager has been hired named Steve Schwartz, and that Steve would be in Monday morning only, then flying out to Los Angeles for the remainder of the week for sales/management training. The way he said it, I think Steve is the only salesperson for Fiat currently hired. He said he "believed" that customers would be able to test drive this coming car. As others on this board have experienced, I had more and better info than he did...he directed me for further Fiat info to http://www.daytonandrews.com (the parent dealership website) when he should have directed me to: http://www.fiatusaofclearwater.com/index.htm If you go to the parent site, there is zero Fiat info at all. Their phone number for the "Studio" (which does not exist yet, not even a sign) is 888-378-1956 They are going to call me before the 500 comes to let me know when it does. I'll post here as soon as I know.
1973 Fiat 850 Sport Spider
1977 Fiat X1/9

Re: Opened Fiat Dealers

RacerRon
My Local dealer, Mack Massey Fiat of El Paso, said that they should be receiving their demo model by next week. Their studio is not going to be ready until late summer, so they won't have any cars for sale until then. The person I talked to was very friendly and said I could take a test drive as soon as they receive their 500.

BTW, and I hope this hasn't been answered before, is every demo a Sport model?

Re: Opened Fiat Dealers

Gavin
Seems that so far Fiat is only making the Sport...at least for the Demos and for the PE. I'm sure they will be making Pops and Lounges, but they are going Sport so far...wonder how that will affect test rides...too many people can't ride a stick in the US.

Let us know when El Paso gets their demo...I've heard nothing from the Albuquerque dealer...I could drive down to El Paso for a test ride...only about 265 miles (vs 5 miles if Albuquerque gets it all together...)

Gavin

Re: Opened Fiat Dealers

RacerRon
Hey Gavin,

That's what I thought, Sport models only so far. As soon as I get the word that the El Paso dealer has their demo in I will post it here. The drive from Albuquerque to El Paso is not too bad, as long as the roads are in good condition. We are supposed to get more freezing weather again by Wednesday, Feb. 9.

Re: Opened Fiat Dealers

sjmst
If I am not not mistaken, Sport models are available with automatics. Sam.

Re: Opened Fiat Dealers

Gavin
Opps, yes that is true (only the  Lounge is limited to auto only)...but has anybody seen a Demo with an auto?

Gavin
12345