Official dealer list is up

PE#454

Re: Official dealer list is up

Fiat #183
My dealer is listed on here but is not licensed to sell Fiats.  So I wonder what 'official' means.  I also wonder what prima means. I obviously don't speak Italian.

Re: Official dealer list is up

prima 109
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Craig #109 Rosso with sunroof/post assembly block heater.

Re: Official dealer list is up

scorpion_power
It seems I have a studio to open in my city which is good, but there is not other news
I'm surprised too, the address is one of the malls here
scorpion_power
I WANT AN ABARTH

Re: Official dealer list is up

navy48
not sure where you're located, but the FIRST of the FIAT Studios to open in the Indy area is located in a mall....the Greenwood Park Mall.  O'Brien FIAT opened on schedule the first of March.  I spoke with Kelly Anderson, one of the "Studio Designers", today who said they have sold several 500's so far and have 30 more on their way.

"O'Brien Fiat of Greenwood is MY FIAT Studio of choice!!!"

Re: Official dealer list is up

SeaDawg
Today I talked with one of the two people who will be the Fields Fiat dealership in Orlando when it opens.  Appears that the lack of the Certificate of Occupancy will cause their opening to be delayed by another week.  Anticipated opening date is now May 02, 2011 vs April 23, 2011.

My preapproved draft which was issued on March 17 in anticipation of a March 31/April 1 opening expires May 16,2011.  I hope there aren't any more delays.

At least they have a list of vehicles they will be receiving.

Re: Official dealer list is up

sk8ace
I have been waiting for Diehl Fiat in Pittsburgh PA to open up but they have since been removed from the Dealer List... I have tried to email them but have gotten no reply.. I'm wondering if something fell through and now the closest dealer to me is Chuck and Bob Eddy Fiat in Youngstown OH. I hope to hear back from them soon so I know where I will have to go.

Re: Official dealer list is up

littlejohn
Could be overlap, my "would be" dealer is off the list as well, except I do have one near my work, Criswell is 30 miles away or so, and they have like 60 cars and counting.

I have no Mini dealer my home or work, boy, if you want a Mini, they sure make you work for it, guess Fiat will be the same in that regard.

Re: Official dealer list is up

sk8ace wrote
I have been waiting for Diehl Fiat in Pittsburgh PA to open up but they have since been removed from the Dealer List... I have tried to email them but have gotten no reply.. I'm wondering if something fell through and now the closest dealer to me is Chuck and Bob Eddy Fiat in Youngstown OH. I hope to hear back from them soon so I know where I will have to go.

Hi sk8ace,

Welcome to the forum!  Did you contact ciaofiat and ask them where the nearest dealer is?  If you are waiting for your Prima, have them assist you.  Be persistent with them.  Let us know how you make out.

Re: Official dealer list is up

sk8ace
Hi There!  Thanks for the welcome.
I missed out on the Primas but am hoping for a blue pop sometime in the near future. I have google mapped all of the dealers around me and the one I listed is the closest. I will contact ciaofiat and make sure though, thanks. Really, the only concern is buying out of state.. driving an hour away for dealer services.. ect. We'll see how it goes and I'll be sure to post up about it.
jim

Re: Official dealer list is up

jim
Im surprised that dealers have been allowed to back out on fiat.  I would think there would be some penalty for such.

Re: Official dealer list is up

sk8ace
Sweet, Diehl is back up on the new list and is listed as "Coming Soon". Must have been some delays with construction or something.

Re: Official dealer list is up

Alleghenyman
I called Diehl today and the receptionist said that they are not selling Fiats "because Fiat wanted more money than is rational."

Supposedly the Greensburg dealer backed out for the same reason. I'm wondering how this can be when there are dealers in Youngstown and Cleveland - it's not like those are bigger or wealthier markets.

One article I read said that both Pittsburgh dealers couldn't get appropriate space but that Fiat expects something to be here by the end of the year.  So ready to pull the trigger on this but not sure I want to go to Ohio every time I have a problem.

Article: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/business/s_729308.html

Re: Official dealer list is up

sk8ace
Noooooooooooo  :-((((

Thanks for posting that link. I had my hopes up again..    Ugh.
I guess it wouldn't be too bad to have to wait a year to have a dealer close by.

Re: Official dealer list is up

jamesday24
Fields FIAT in downtown Orlando opened today.
Bianco Prima Edizione 345 from Fields FIAT

Re: Official dealer list is up

SeaDawg
jamesday24 wrote
Fields FIAT in downtown Orlando opened today.
Somewhat.  The doors are open, but they have no cars yet (other than their demo) and are attempting to get their computer systems up and running.

Cars are expected to start arriving, hopefully, on Thursday morning.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll have the new ride by this weekend!

I stopped in at 5:30pm, so there was also a Bianco Prima out back.    There was a Rosso PE waiting to be delivered.  Fields FIAT will be a small, but cool dealership.  I'll probably stop in again this weekend and hope to see more 500s parked inside.  I'm going to order a few things for my car soon.

I read somewhere over the weekend that only 40 of the 130 Studios are currently open!!!!  a friend of mine in Kansas City said his FIAT Studio is now telling him they may not open until NEXT YEAR!
"O'Brien Fiat of Greenwood is MY FIAT Studio of choice!!!"

Re: Official dealer list is up

75Spider
Yet another newbie to this forum; I've done some small searches for any info on Chicago Fiat rollout  (specifically NW 'burbs) and while I was pleased to see a Fiat showroom for Schaumburg set for Spring '11 listed was disappointed that nothing and I mean NOTHING other than the domain name has been setup for this dealer (it's a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealer -- newer showroom but not even a poster in the window, no visible signs of new construction as well). It does however look like Milwaukee is active so may take a closer look on my next trip north.

Any other folks heard or seen anything more about Fiat of Schaumburg?

http://www.fiatusaofschaumburg.com/index.htm

Last Fiat I've owned was a '75 Spider 1800 -- quirky, but a lot of fun. I saw several 500's (including the EV prototype) at Chicago Auto Shows in the past as well as a 'dealer' tuner car just this past weekend at the Arboretum at South Barrington, IL so I know we should be closer ... but when?

Re: Official dealer list is up

75Spider wrote
[...]

Hi 75Spider, welcome to the forum!

I see that Fiat of Schaumburg is scheduled to be open 7-1-11. Do they have a demo unit yet?