Light bulb sizes

lirandy
I've been googling the light bulb replacement guide online for the new 500s, but all I've found are mainly for EU spec model. Does anyone have the the light bulb sizes for the US spec?
#485 Bianco w/ sunroof
Always miss my Subies....

Re: Light bulb sizes

ciddyguy
lirandy wrote
I've been googling the light bulb replacement guide online for the new 500s, but all I've found are mainly for EU spec model. Does anyone have the the light bulb sizes for the US spec?
Someone here has gotten a PDF of the US spec manual and gave us the link to it in a thread titled, 500 manual or some such in the main Fiat 500 USA Forum section, just scroll down towards the bottom and then click on the top comment in that section and then scroll down until you see 2 links, one for the actual manual, the other for the Blue & Me user's guide and you can then download them from there.

And in there, they list ALL of the bulbs and their respective size #'s for all but the license plate lamps as they are LED due to the smaller chrome brow for the liftgate than from what is on the Euro car and therefore, can't fit conventional filament bulbs as a result.

HTH.

Re: Light bulb sizes

lirandy
Awesome!!!  Thanks!!!
#485 Bianco w/ sunroof
Always miss my Subies....

Re: Light bulb sizes

cogtooth
I wonder if we can replace the daytime running lights with LED bulbs that exist with the same bulb number?
Bianco Perla Sport

Re: Light bulb sizes

ciddyguy
cogtooth wrote
I wonder if we can replace the daytime running lights with LED bulbs that exist with the same bulb number?
You might be able to, there ARE retrofits for turn and taillights that replace the standard filament bulbs, but they are NOT all that bright and really, unless you can buy a total LED taillight cluster, getting the bulbs to replace your filament bulbs right now don't work all that well and ARE $10 or so a pop, the last I saw, had contemplated them myself but so far, most I've seen are the red LED bulbs and may not work with amber lenses but have not looked at them in a couple of years.

Don't know if there is such an animal bright enough for DRL use.

Re: Light bulb sizes

cogtooth
Most cars will likely end up with LED headlights in the next couple of years.  Many bike lights are now LED and some are brighter than car headlights. Some company probably has one as bright, and it would use much less power.
Bianco Perla Sport

Re: Light bulb sizes

SeaDawg
cogtooth wrote
I wonder if we can replace the daytime running lights with LED bulbs that exist with the same bulb number?
You might want to check with someone that makes brake light LED replacement 'bulbs' for motorcycles like Custom Dynamics (there are serveral others...Google) and see if they have any WHITE LED clusters that would work.

Re: Light bulb sizes

SeaDawg
cogtooth wrote
Most cars will likely end up with LED headlights in the next couple of years.  Many bike lights are now LED and some are brighter than car headlights. Some company probably has one as bright, and it would use much less power.
Not to mention they'll probably NEVER need replacing.