Let's Take a Deep Breath

Re: Let's Take a Deep Breath

Gavin
MrJones wrote
@Gavin-- you beat me to it. I was typing too slowly. I agree with you. If anything, I sympathize with you the most. You've been the least agitated and yet seem to have the short end of this stick.
Well thanks...hope I don't sound like too much of a complainer...I do hope Fiat does well as I really want that fiat EV....and it won't get made if the 500 does poorly...

As for the short end of the stick...well I live in New Mexico...we will never get the good stuff first like Cali or the east coast...but I do love living here, so I gotta take the bad with the good.

I'm in no horrible rush...but I would like my Prima to be out of the sun and elements (spring in New Mexico is my least favorite season...the winds here get crazy, and blowing dust and dirt could be hard on the car...and god forbid we have one of our hail strorms)... and I would like to know how my car is getting to me....

Personally I would love to visit Austin and drive my car the 700 miles home...but that just isn't possible at this time...my co worker of 15 years left 5 weeks ago...we are hiring a second person...but they don't start for 5 more weeks...till then I'm the only person who does my job at the hospital...so I'm on call 24/7...no way I can go 700 miles from the hospital...just bad timing...but again, i had that all worked out with El Paso...Austin seems to be a different matter...hopefully it will get resolved, but currently they have no idea how they are getting me my car.

Oh well...in the grand skeam of things this is barely a hiccup...our cars could have been coming from northern Japan...that would have been worse...

When and if i get my Prima I'm sure I will love it...but I could still get the LEAF ( coming in April...so pretty darn soon...I haven't  canceled yet...and if by weird timing it gets here before the Prima, well hard to resist a pure EV, even if bigger than my needs and a bit boring looking) or lease a Volvo c30... Bad gas mileage, but a 3 yr lease would put me right in time to trade in for the EV c30...

So I have options...

Prima is still my first choice, but it's good to have options if needed..

Gavin

Re: Let's Take a Deep Breath

sketch
sam500 wrote
Although I understand, and to some degree share everyone's frustration, all the negativity here has really started wear me down. Truth is, I'm not really angry or unhappy, just eager to get my car soon. As much as I hate to say it, I think might be time for me to retire from the good old forum, and just enjoy the rest of the process.
I agree wholeheartedly.  Maybe it's my Big Easy breeding, but I really think we should just all take a step back and realise that we're still all getting this very special car, and we're getting it a solid month and change before the set delivery date.  Kick back, relax, have a drink, smoke if you got 'em.  Let the car exhibit the fiery Italianness instead.

Re: Let's Take a Deep Breath

Mike S
You mean before the latest final drop dead date.

The first date was December delivery then that was changed to January and then the end of April when ALL of the PE's would be delivered.

I still don't know the price + ransom from my dealer and I don't have a delivery date. My car is still sitting where it was in North Florida for the last 2 weeks.

There is no reason for the total lack of communication by Fiat and the dealers.

Re: Let's Take a Deep Breath

sketch
The December date was for the signing of a purchase agreement. There was never any mention of delivery, except with respect to April 30.

Re: Let's Take a Deep Breath

Mike S
December was mentioned by Laura in interviews and at Freakout too I think.

Re: Let's Take a Deep Breath

sketch wrote
The December date was for the signing of a purchase agreement. There was never any mention of delivery, except with respect to April 30.
Right. The info line always said by April 30th. Fiat can rightly claim they are delivering PE's ahead of schedule, based on that...though Laura did say by mid to late Feb.

Re: Let's Take a Deep Breath

Mike S
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDojsRIgk44

Depends on what later on this year means.

Re: Let's Take a Deep Breath

Personally, I think it's good to take a step back every so often from thinking about this,  because it can really start to get you down.

I try to check out some videos or pics to clear my mind of the negative vibes (that's right, I get bummed, too).

I have to remember when I signed up, it said ... "The delivery is expected to be made no later than April 30, 2011. However, delays in manufacturing and shipment are possible due to quality control and other reasons."

I thought it might be sooner than it will be, but it looks like Fiat will make their deadline, so what can I really say.

Re: Let's Take a Deep Breath

sam500
Okay. MrJones was right. I am back :) Briefly, at least. Just wanted to share with you guys that I got my Prima Edizione yesterday, and it's very much worth the wait! The car is wonderful, looks great, and gets so many looks and compliments, it's kind of amusing.

The moment I saw it all nice and clean I knew that was my car. I didn't even think of asking to see another color, or a matching bezel, or anything. Cashier's check, trade in, deposit, and out the door. I can't stop smiling.

I might come out of retirement again :) to post some pictures, and maybe a review. So far, I am in love.

Re: Let's Take a Deep Breath

fredfrey
Yes, please photos and stories. Most of us are living vicariously though you!

Re: Let's Take a Deep Breath

Sam , post pictures or we will hunt you down!

CONGRATS!

Re: Let's Take a Deep Breath

sam500
Haha, will do! Either later today, or sometime tomorrow at the latest.

Re: Let's Take a Deep Breath

PE#454
Inquiring Rossos want to see!

ETA: Oh, and congrats!

Re: Let's Take a Deep Breath

prima 109
Ditto!  And Congrats!
Craig #109 Rosso with sunroof/post assembly block heater.

Re: Let's Take a Deep Breath

sam500
Just thought I should ask before I head out with my camera. Anything in particular you guys want to see?

Re: Let's Take a Deep Breath

sketch
Could you lay some sort of common item in the luggage area so we can see how deep it is at the bottom?

Re: Let's Take a Deep Breath

PE#454
It's all good, Sam!

Probably address the main issues we've covered here with regard to the PE (and Rosso, particularly): dash, bezel, stripe, floormats, badge, maybe a pic of your window sticker (if it's indeed on the window). And a few overall pics that might show the color in its true light (especially the body color/stripe contrast.)

Sorry if I'm asking too much!

Re: Let's Take a Deep Breath

sam500
Not at all, I'll try to get everything I can!

Re: Let's Take a Deep Breath

Gavin
Congrats Sam :)

Gavin