Front plate mount

Thad
In Pennsylvania a front license plate is not used. When I have purchased other new cars they usually come with some manufacturer bracket for use in states where they are used. Are the new Fiats coming with such a bracket? How does it attach? Hopefully it doesn't require drilling through the plastic. I ask all this because I did not receive a plate bracket from the dealer.

Re: Front plate mount

CIAO RR
Hello,

Can you tell me where and when you received your car??  I'm stil, waiting on my PE and living here in So NJ, I'm getting a bit angry on teh lack of information from my dealer.

Thx,

Ray

Re: Front plate mount

5*(10)^2
We didn't get the front bracket here in LA. But were told the brackets were on order.

Word has it that a dealer is supposed to drill the holes no matter what. CA DMV requires a front lic plate.

Re: Front plate mount

Giallo Edizione
I just picked up my car. The dealer did not have the brackets in stock yet so they are attaching the plates to the lower front grille with zip ties. Yesss! No bolt holes! That front plate is staying there or coming off altogether.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Front plate mount

Doodles
5*(10)^2 wrote
We didn't get the front bracket here in LA. But were told the brackets were on order.

Word has it that a dealer is supposed to drill the holes no matter what. CA DMV requires a front lic plate.

Not in florida . No holes,no bracket.

Re: Front plate mount

Thad
Ray, I got my car at Downingtown on Friday. It was their first car. My son's car has been in Ohio for the last two weeks. I understand your car is going to Carman in DE. Tell Buddy I said to take good care of you!

Re: Front plate mount

Littlejohn
The front of the car is so nice, it's ashame anyone has to have front plate at all.  I don't know why some states choose to have a front plate and some don't?   Crime related Maybe?  I'm not much of  a fan of badging in general on cars really.  License plates are ugly on the front of cars IMHO.   You buy a nice ride, then have to have an ugly plate on the front of your vehicle.

Re: Front plate mount

5*(10)^2
I'll tell you what cars have no front license plates here in california and almost never get pulled over: exotic cars.

Re: Front plate mount

Guido
http://www.licenseplates.tv/antique-italy-plates.html

I was thinking of getting one of these for the front of my 500. A ot sleeker looking and would maybe make cop not as angry since it would have actual plate number on it.

Guido Sarduchi

Re: Front plate mount

unclelaverne
I have a few cars with front license plates and a few without.  Never been pulled over in 20+ years.  I'm leaving it off.
#315 So Cal

Re: Front plate mount

PaulL
None of our PE's came with a front plate bracket. I don't have the email in front of me, but I think they are supposed to ship out the brackets to dealers sometime soon.
Fields FIAT of Highland Park

Re: Front plate mount

5*(10)^2 wrote
I'll tell you what cars have no front license plates here in california and almost never get pulled over: exotic cars.
Regrettably, I live in NY and they love to pull people over for no front plate. I still am leaving it off, though

Re: Front plate mount

PaulL wrote
None of our PE's came with a front plate bracket. I don't have the email in front of me, but I think they are supposed to ship out the brackets to dealers sometime soon.

Here's a little insider news for you guys: It looks like the missing front plate thing was an oversight.

Re: Front plate mount

jvsgabriel
Hey V are you gonna put on the front plate or not?  I'm just too law abiding to not put it on.  But I will have to find a nice way to put it on.  I think I saw someone say they could attach it with zip-ties so there would be no holes drilled into the bumper.

Joel

Re: Front plate mount

Mike S
There are some very good self adhesive velcro and other types of removable fasteners you could use. Very strong and no holes.

Re: Front plate mount

jvsgabriel
Thanks Mike, I will certainly think about it when the financially strapped DMV of California gets me my plates.  I will have to see where the plate will fit nicely on the front.

Joel

Re: Front plate mount

CapNCrunch
Just FYI, the dealer is not supposed to even deliver the car unless there is a way to attach a front plate (California). http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d05/vc11713_17.htm

Re: Front plate mount

Giallo Edizione
jvsgabriel wrote
Hey V are you gonna put on the front plate or not?  I'm just too law abiding to not put it on.  But I will have to find a nice way to put it on.  I think I saw someone say they could attach it with zip-ties so there would be no holes drilled into the bumper.

Joel
Yes, mine is attached in the center of the lower grille with black zip ties. It looks much better there than if it was on the bumper. Technically ( in Mass) the plate is supposed to be a certain number of inches off the ground, so the dealer really is afoul of the rules mounting it low on the grille. I plan to keep the plate in the trunk with some zip ties along with a bag of apologies for the LEO's...  And put it on each year at inspection time.

I don't know how to cross-reference other posts, but if you go to my thread "
Abandonded my PE, signed for Giallo Sport!" and scroll down to the outdoor pictures, you will see a yellow one with the plate secured to the lower grille so you can see what that looks like.

I got my plate bracket in the mail yesterday.  Not putting it on though.
#315 So Cal

Re: Front plate mount

sam500
I've actually seen a couple of 500 Sports with mounting brackets for the license plate on facebook, and in my opinion, they are far too high, which kind of destroys the whole look. I've seen a couple like "Enzo's" that have it on the lower grille that like much better, and I'm thinking I'm going to compromise, and keep it there. I looked, and in California, the plate only needs to be 12 inches off the ground, but I don't think they really care as long as it's there.