Front plate mount

Re: Front plate mount

DennisLee
My dealer is supplying me with a front mount for my car. Oregon doesn`t mess around if you don`t have one as we get a LOT of drugs running through our town on I-5 highway.
ANY car that looks odd gets stopped.
So, I will hope the factory mount works for me as well as for you.
Any thing difficult about the install?
Thanks
DennisLee

The dealer should install it. Part of the the PDI.

Re: Front plate mount

Nutmeg500fan
My dealer suggested the same - and I took their advice - much better  :) than the holes they were drilling into another persons 500!
AJ
New Haven, CT
2012 Rame Sport 500

Re: Front plate mount

Alvon Elrod
Please post a picture of the factory mount.  I'd like to see what it looks like.

Alvon
Alvon Elrod, #18 White, no sunroof
1970 Fiat 124 spider

Re: Front plate mount

cogtooth

Bianco Perla Sport

Re: Front plate mount

ciddyguy
cogtooth wrote

That doesn't look bad at all and is a similar setup to what they do in Europe anyway so I think it works.

Re: Front plate mount

navy48
I would recommend mounting the OE mount in the OE position.  mounting anything in the lower eggcrate grille area would only block off airflow.  during hot weather, this could be a potential problem, leading to overheating.
"O'Brien Fiat of Greenwood is MY FIAT Studio of choice!!!"

Re: Front plate mount

DennisLee
Many of you now have your cars and I am sure have decided how to mount the front plate. I was given a bracket by my dealer but the instructions don't seem to be for a 500.....

I know the zip ties are a solution, but do any of you havea different remedy for the mount. Like many
of you, I don't want to drill holes in my front bumper.

Any help and/or photos would really be appreciated.

DennisLee

Sport 500  Verde/Chiaro Marrone(?)

Re: Front plate mount

FiATL
Hey all,

I live in GA where we don't have front plates.  I have the front plate mount in the bag.  If anyone wants it, I'll ship it to you.  Probably will  cost $3 or $4 to ship.   I won't use it so rather than let it take up space in my garage, someone should use it.

Post a pic of your car w/o a front plate mount and give me some contact info and it is yours!
Chris B
Roswell GA
Sport 5 speed.  Verde Oliva w/ Marrone
Ordered: 4/8  Delivered 5/25

Re: Front plate mount

Alvon Elrod
Chris,
I'd like to have the mount if it hasn't been spoken for.  I'll send you my contact mailing address.

Alvon Elrod
ventura_ace@juno.com
805-338-1767
Alvon Elrod, #18 White, no sunroof
1970 Fiat 124 spider

Re: Front plate mount

lirandy
Alvon Elrod wrote
A few pictures, out in the rain this evening:
I'll trim the foam rubber pad so it doesn't look so tacky from up close.

And from further back, yesterday:
This looks awesome, Alvon!  I received my license plates recently and still haven't found a way to put them on yet.  So I just keep my sticker on the windshield and keep pretending it's a brand new car....lol
#485 Bianco w/ sunroof
Always miss my Subies....

Re: Front plate mount

atticus1214
Here is an easy way to mount the plate without drilling for about $5.

http://www.altmake.com/2013/03/11/license-plate-mount-fiat-500/

Re: Front plate mount

Michaeljohn
without drilling for about $5.

[url=http://mmo4k.com/wow-gold-kaufen-4/WoW-Gold-kaufen-5/]WOW Gold[/url]|[url=http://mmo4k.com/Diablo-3-gold/]Diablo 3 Gold[/url]|[url=http://mmo4k.com/wow-gold-kaufen-4/WoW-Gold-kaufen-5/]WOW Gold Kaufen[/url]|[url=http://mmo4k.com/Guild-Wars-2/]Guild Wars 2 Gold[/url]
123