Finally ordered a car yesterday!

FiATL
After cancelling my Bianco Prima, I agonized over what color order my Sport in.

For a couple of weeks, I browsed the lot, looked at hundreds of pictures and talked with a few people who have seen the color combinations I was considering and I finally arrived at...

I love a lot of the colors but I wanted something just out of the mainstream and I think I've done it.

Sport 5 speed with just the safety and convenience pkg.

Will have to update my profile picture soon. Now just remaining patient and planning what accessories I want to add.

Chris B
Roswell GA
Sport 5 speed.  Verde Oliva w/ Marrone
Ordered: 4/8  Delivered 5/25

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

sjmst
Congrats. So that's a verde with the brown accented interior?

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

FiATL
Yep!  Not exactly "sporty" but something that the other guys don't really offer.  Rame was my first choice but I wasn't able to order it as the pigments for that color and three others is in short supply right now.

Just looking forward to getting my olive car with "couch brown" interior.
Chris B
Roswell GA
Sport 5 speed.  Verde Oliva w/ Marrone
Ordered: 4/8  Delivered 5/25

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

Hoicho
Congrats!  I ordered my Sport Espresso on the 6th which has the same options as your, plus it is Auto because I m not the only one driving it. Let see how Fiat does this time with the regular orders.
HOicHO
SF Bay Area, CA
Sport Auto
Color unknown
POC - 4/6

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

FiATL
Hoicho.

Congrats!   Espresso was one of my top three finalists.  Good choice.  Keep me posted on when you hear something and where your car is going.  I ordered mine officially on the 8th so they should be built around the same time I would think.

Just waiting and driving my old hail damaged Ranger for the time being.  Dimples the Wonder Truck has been pressed into regular service for the moment.
Chris B
Roswell GA
Sport 5 speed.  Verde Oliva w/ Marrone
Ordered: 4/8  Delivered 5/25

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

Terry
Very nice combo. Should work well. I am waiting to order a Rosso with Marrone/Nero interior as didn't want to go with Nero/Grigio due feel a bit too dark and like the warmer tone of the brown on the steering wheel...The FIAT site doesn't show this combination as possible (unless you have Rosso Brillante exterior) but dealer has said that more configs should be able to be specified once the FIAT website is updated...Again, your car should look pretty special.

Terry

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

FiATL
Got an update and a VIN this morning.  Car is scheduled for production and should be shipped from Toluca around May2nd.  Not sure how long to get to dealer but this is is about 4 weeks from order date.  Sounds pretty quick.
Chris B
Roswell GA
Sport 5 speed.  Verde Oliva w/ Marrone
Ordered: 4/8  Delivered 5/25

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

cogtooth
Mine was completed 2 weeks ago and is not on the east coast yet.  It will be here probably when I'm away on vacation next week.  I'll post the shipping time when it gets here.
Bianco Perla Sport

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

Hoicho
is there other way to follow the status, other than contacting the dealership? Last status I got from the dealer when I went there to change my color 2nd time. (4/11 D- Firm schedule: VIN assigned)

I changed from Giallo to Bianco Perla to Espresso. Giallo and Bianco Perla both look good on the 500, that's the reason I ordered them first. Olivo Verde would be my first choice and Espresso is my 2nd, both are more like my type. however because of the Marrone interior, I made Espresso as my final answer.
HOicHO
SF Bay Area, CA
Sport Auto
Color unknown
POC - 4/6

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

FiATL
Not sure of how to follow status w/o contacting dealer.

I went back and forth on colors forever when Rame wasn't available for order.   Espresso is gorgeous with the Marrone interior.  I'm hoping my choice is equally stunning.  We will see.

Congrats on the car.
Ordered: 4/8  Delivered 5/25

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

Hoicho
I just called Fiat for the latest status of my Cinquecento. It was released from the factory yesterday, and is on its way to California. Seem like everything on schedule.
HOicHO
SF Bay Area, CA
Sport Auto
Color unknown
POC - 4/6

You should get it much faster than the 3 weeks trip to the east coast that mine took.
Bianco Perla Sport

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

Hoicho
On the other thread, there is a link to check out the window sticker onine. Therefore I gave it a try earlier since my 500 was released from the factory.

I found my 500's window sticker, however it worries me. On the sticker, it shows my original color choice "Giallo", instead of my modified choice "Espresso'.

I am going to contact Fiat or my dealership tomorrow to confirm the color. I hope it is just the sticker mistake.
HOicHO
SF Bay Area, CA
Sport Auto
Color unknown
POC - 4/6

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

Hoicho
I just saw my 500 on the dealer's transit list. It is also listed as my original color choice..... Lucky enough there are two more Espresso on the transit list. However both include the option I don't wrong...
HOicHO
SF Bay Area, CA
Sport Auto
Color unknown
POC - 4/6

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

FiATL
My dealer has notified me my car is on a train somewhere chugging its way towards me.  It is scheduled to pass New Orleans on the 16th and arrive 6 days later at the transit facility closest to the dealer...then they have to wait for it to be trucked.  That seems like a long time but I'm really trying to be patient!....

I confirmed the colors and options with the sales rep and all seems correct.  Would someone mind sharing where that window sticker reprint link is?

Thanks,
C-

Ordered: 4/8  Delivered 5/25

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

Hoicho
Einy wrote
Hi all ... I found out that by using the link below, and putting in the VIN of the specific Fiat 500 that you want to "look at", you can pull up the car's window sticker directly from Chrysler.  Also, I'm now seeing some of the up and running dealers posting on their "dealer specific" (i.e. not the official Fiat) websites their inventory, including the VIN.  Makes looking at details of what is in stock MUCH easier!

http://www.chrysler.com/hostc/windowSticker.do?vin=3C3CFFBR3CT104827

To use, copy this URL into your web brower, and put in the VIN of the car you want to look at.

Happy shopping!
HOicHO
SF Bay Area, CA
Sport Auto
Color unknown
POC - 4/6

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

Hoicho
Just got the update from my dealer, at this moment they highly doubt my 500 will come in as Espresso. They said the factory system may or may not get the update of my order.  Now I just have to wait for 2 more weeks and see.
HOicHO
SF Bay Area, CA
Sport Auto
Color unknown
POC - 4/6

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

FiATL
Sorry to hear that.  Hope they get it right for you.  I was able to view my window sticker, thank you for reposting that link.  Thankfully, mine appears to be 100% as I ordered it.

Chris B
Roswell GA
Sport 5 speed.  Verde Oliva w/ Marrone
Ordered: 4/8  Delivered 5/25

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

DennisLee
Bought a car TODAY!!!!!  Marrone and Verde Chiaro(?) Will take it home next week. We live 285 miles from dealer and they are putting on Italion flag color stripes.

This forum has been wonderful for helping me make the decision.

Well treated by dealer; $75.00 doc fee plus $500.00 delivery.

Pricing right out of the web site.

DennisLee

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

Hoicho
Dennis

Congrats! Can't wait to get mine, and maybe picking my color once again in two weeks.
HOicHO
SF Bay Area, CA
Sport Auto
Color unknown