Finally ordered a car yesterday!

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

DennisLee wrote
Bought a car TODAY!!!!!  Marrone and Verde Chiaro(?) Will take it home next week. We live 285 miles from dealer and they are putting on Italion flag color stripes.

This forum has been wonderful for helping me make the decision.

Well treated by dealer; $75.00 doc fee plus $500.00 delivery.

Pricing right out of the web site.

DennisLee
Congratulations on your car, can't wait to see some pics!

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

Hoicho wrote
Dennis

Congrats! Can't wait to get mine, and maybe picking my color once again in two weeks.
Good luck Hoicho,

There are so many good looking color combos, it is really tough to choose.  I changed my color also, however, I was too late and my car was already being built when I did.  Now that I have it, I'm happy with my original choice.

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

FiATL
Congrats!

Would love to see that Chiaro/Marrone combo.  I was a bit too conservative to get that or the Mocha Latte but love the retro vibe of both of those colors.

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

Nutmeg500fan
Chris,

That should be a sweet combo - word of warning - I purchased a Rame Sport 500 with 5 speed, safety and convenience packages installed - Fiat East Hartford, CT dealer - very accomodating - they discovered that the convenience package installed on 5 speeds doesn't have factory installed seat heaters - that is a dealer installed item :(  which I will have to bring the cinquecento back in for.  I have a truly enjoyed my first few days of driving it - handles wondeful, when you engage the "sport" mode it is a noticable difference in handling and acceleration.  Enjoy!
AJ
New Haven, CT
2012 Rame Sport 500

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

kzod
Congrats to all who ordered.

Dennis nice choice!

I also put in my order for a 500c Lounge, 5 spd. Manual (Canadians like their sticks), Verde Chiarro, Pelle Marrone / Ivory, Beige roof, with the spare and Navigation with a guaranteed build date for this month.  Can't wait to get it.  My wife and kids loved the rosso Lounge at the dealer with the red leather seats, but I felt the interior colors were too harsh and aggressive for a daily driver.  I found the look of the Chiarro much more civilized.

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

Hoicho
I just found out that the Marrone Leather Display at the Fiat Studio is differnt than the Marrone Leather for the Sport. Have anyone see the Sport Marrone Leather display? The Marrone Leather for the Sport is more darker which I like more.

FiATL wrote
After cancelling my Bianco Prima, I agonized over what color order my Sport in.

For a couple of weeks, I browsed the lot, looked at hundreds of pictures and talked with a few people who have seen the color combinations I was considering and I finally arrived at...

HOicHO
SF Bay Area, CA
Sport Auto
Color unknown
POC - 4/6

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

ciddyguy
Hoicho wrote
I just found out that the Marrone Leather Display at the Fiat Studio is differnt than the Marrone Leather for the Sport. Have anyone see the Sport Marrone Leather display? The Marrone Leather for the Sport is more darker which I like more.

FiATL wrote
After cancelling my Bianco Prima, I agonized over what color order my Sport in.

For a couple of weeks, I browsed the lot, looked at hundreds of pictures and talked with a few people who have seen the color combinations I was considering and I finally arrived at...

Question,

Is that your actual car or is it a photograph of one with that interior? I ask as photographs CAN make things seem darker than they may actually be due to lighting and such.

Normally, the samples should be very close to what is actually installed and no, the car does not have actual leather, that's reserved for the Lounge - at an extra cost. This is a leatherette type of material that is to look like leather in at least the Sport.

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

Hoicho
ciddyguy wrote
Hoicho wrote
I just found out that the Marrone Leather Display at the Fiat Studio is differnt than the Marrone Leather for the Sport. Have anyone see the Sport Marrone Leather display? The Marrone Leather for the Sport is more darker which I like more.

Question,

Is that your actual car or is it a photograph of one with that interior? I ask as photographs CAN make things seem darker than they may actually be due to lighting and such.

Normally, the samples should be very close to what is actually installed and no, the car does not have actual leather, that's reserved for the Lounge - at an extra cost. This is a leatherette type of material that is to look like leather in at least the Sport.

I went to the studio looking for the color combo today incase my car coming with the wrong color next week. I looked at the only Sport Marrone interior in the studio and remembered that I saw a differ Marrone on the display. So I ran to the display and took it to the car for comparsion. I am right, they are differ Marrone. I showed them to the Studio rep. and he got suprise too.

My point is that the studio doesn't have all the color display to help customers build their 500, and seem like no rep. in my Studio knew about it. I will be suprise  if I order my 500 base on the display when the car arrived. They really need to get more knowledge about the 500 since it is the only car they selling....
HOicHO
SF Bay Area, CA
Sport Auto
Color unknown
POC - 4/6

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

cogtooth
Does the Lounge have leather on the side bolsters?  Most cars with "leather seats" use leather just in the center area, similar to the sport's fabric center.  I think leather in the bolster area tends to crack from occupants getting in and out of the car, so even in cars such as Mercedes it may not be leather.
Bianco Perla Sport

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

Hoicho
cogtooth wrote
Does the Lounge have leather on the side bolsters?  Most cars with "leather seats" use leather just in the center area, similar to the sport's fabric center.  I think leather in the bolster area tends to crack from occupants getting in and out of the car, so even in cars such as Mercedes it may not be leather.
this photo of Lounge is from dealership's website.

HOicHO
SF Bay Area, CA
Sport Auto
Color unknown
POC - 4/6
KO

What was the charge for the Italian color stripes?
Bianco Perla (pearl white) Sport, manual trans, with convenience package on order...

Current leatherettes are indistinguishable from leather, except possibly by touch.  The picture of the handle, not the seat bolster, does not clarify the issue.  I'm not saying that it is bad that part of the seat is likely leatherette, but one should know that when one pays for leather, it is likely only a part of the seat is leather, and everything else is leatherette (ie: fake leather).
Bianco Perla Sport

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

Hoicho
cogtooth wrote
Current leatherettes are indistinguishable from leather, except possibly by touch.  The picture of the handle, not the seat bolster, does not clarify the issue.  I'm not saying that it is bad that part of the seat is likely leatherette, but one should know that when one pays for leather, it is likely only a part of the seat is leather, and everything else is leatherette (ie: fake leather).

Oops.. linked to the wrong photo..
Thanks for the clarification about the leather and leatherette. I am not a leather person, never like the feel of it. This is my first car having leather or leatherette.

HOicHO
SF Bay Area, CA
Sport Auto
Color unknown
POC - 4/6

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

DennisLee
The stripe was $399.00. BUT, the dealer can`t even order yet as they say Fiat USA has not given part numbers to do so.
So, Saturday next I will pick up my pretty car without the stripe.
Installation will be whenever they get it.
Kind of a bummer.

DennisLee

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

cogtooth
HOicHO

I had one car with actually all leather on the fronts of the seats and the bolsters cracked.  The other cars have had part leatherette and the seats look much better in the long term.  I would guess that the Fiat seats are probably just leather in the center of the seats, in the thigh support, and the rest including the white sections and the backs are leatherette.
Bianco Perla Sport
KO

Did you pay $400 or $650 for the convenience package?
Bianco Perla (pearl white) Sport, manual trans, with convenience package on order...

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

FiATL
Car is at dealer!!!  Awaiting cleaning and scheduling delivery.   Safety and Convenience $400 on manual transmission car, no heated seats.  Stupid?  Yes.  Guess only automatic drivers have sensitive tushies.

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

FiATL
Car will be in Atlanta in the morning.  Looking forward to finally meeting my new car.

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

Hoicho
 Congrats!

My latest ETA will be next Monday for mine
.
HOicHO
SF Bay Area, CA
Sport Auto
Color unknown
POC - 4/6

Re: Finally ordered a car yesterday!

DennisLee
Be sure and let us know when you get your new baby!

DennisLee
123