Fiat feedback

Re: Fiat feedback

Doodles
Thad wrote
I want to have the Sport button stay on! I don't want the horn to beep when I lock the doors and I want a spare tire.
The horn BEEPS because thats the only way you can be sure that the doors are actually locked.

If the horn DOESN'T beep theres no way to tell if the doors are  actually locked,or if the remote didn't work, unless you go pull on the door handle to verify it. (are you going to this?) Every time ?  I think not.

The horn doesn't have to beep when you unlock the doors because your going toward the car, to open the door.(you'll find out if the door is  unlocked ).
  Get the picture?

Re: Fiat feedback

SeaDawg
Doodles wrote
The horn BEEPS because thats the only way you can be sure that the doors are actually locked.

If the horn DOESN'T beep theres no way to tell if the doors are  actually locked,or if the remote didn't work, unless you go pull on the door handle to verify it. (are you going to this?)
I beg to disagree: the lights FLASH when you LOCK the car and they FLASH TWICE when you UNLOCK the car so why can't you disable the beep and just use the lights?

Re: Fiat feedback

ciddyguy
SeaDawg wrote
Doodles wrote
The horn BEEPS because thats the only way you can be sure that the doors are actually locked.

If the horn DOESN'T beep theres no way to tell if the doors are  actually locked,or if the remote didn't work, unless you go pull on the door handle to verify it. (are you going to this?)
I beg to disagree: the lights FLASH when you LOCK the car and they FLASH TWICE when you UNLOCK the car so why can't you disable the beep and just use the lights?
Yup, most cars will flash the lights when locking or unlocking, the beep is really just another way of ensuring you know the car is locked since some of us at times will be walking away from the car and not look back while locking, the beep is an auditory way of confirmation when not in a position to be looking at the car.

I don't mind the horn beeps or siren chirps if there is an alarm as when I drive Mom's car with immobilizer, I don't always look at the car when leaving it while out doing errands when locking with the remote, the toot of the horn lets me know the signal took.

Re: Fiat feedback

Mike S
I don't want the horn beep or lights flashing when locking the car.

I'm sure it can be changed.

Re: Fiat feedback

FiatLancia
George, thank so much for the kind words. Anytime you're in the area (Philadelphia/Reading), please do stop in and...BECOME my neighbor. We're always happy to host other Italian car enthusiasts here at our place. Laura is so great, and is always a pleasure to be around. Pretty sure I heard confirmation that she'll be at FreakOut this year, so there's a great chance to meet her in person.
Thanks again - for both of your posts in this thread - and best regards to you and yours as well!
Shaun
Shaun Folkerts

2012 Fiat 500 Prima Edizione #11

MINIER than MINI, SMARTER than SMART

www.FiatLancia.com/store.html

Re: Fiat feedback

Doodles
SeaDawg wrote
Doodles wrote
The horn BEEPS because thats the only way you can be sure that the doors are actually locked.

If the horn DOESN'T beep theres no way to tell if the doors are  actually locked,or if the remote didn't work, unless you go pull on the door handle to verify it. (are you going to this?)
I beg to disagree: the lights FLASH when you LOCK the car and they FLASH TWICE when you UNLOCK the car so why can't you disable the beep and just use the lights?
I never noticed any lights going on or off when locking/unlocking doors.  I'll look closer next time I use car.

Re: Fiat feedback

navy48
sorry if this was already mentioned, but along the same lines of the Fog Lamps....a nice feature would be when you put your Sport "automatic" in the "Sport Mode", that it would stay there until you take it OFF of Sport Mode.  like the Fog Lamps, each time you turn off and on the car, you have to remember to push in the "Sport Mode" button.  while test driving a Sport with the automatic, I preferred to leave it in the Sport Mode as I felt the shifting of the trans was more to my driving style and liking.

with all of the great electronic features of the 500, I would think there would be a way to reprogram these things to stay in the function you choose until you manually change them.
"O'Brien Fiat of Greenwood is MY FIAT Studio of choice!!!"

Re: Fiat feedback

sjmst
A lot of great ideas. In the end Fiat may incorporate some if they get a return on investment on them.
They are not going to spend a lot of money on things they perceive as being important to only a few people.
Thus, for example, my wish for better sun visors may not make it.

But I would say off, the top of my head, these are serious contenders:
- Sport setting staying put
-Memory for passenger's seat
-Adjustment of seat height
-Fix of the hood scratching issue
-Better dead pedal
-clock fix.

Re: Fiat feedback

Mike S
The interior door panels get scuffed up very easily.
The seatbelt buckle seems to do the most damage when exiting the car.

Re: Fiat feedback

Giallo Edizione
I thought that seatbelt problem was just mine. The retractor is wimpy and the slightest turn in the belt and it won't retract as you exit-shut the door and it just bangs off the buckle latch and leaves another chip in the paint. Sux.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Fiat feedback

sjmst
Giallo Edizione wrote
I thought that seatbelt problem was just mine. The retractor is wimpy and the slightest turn in the belt and it won't retract as you exit-shut the door and it just bangs off the buckle latch and leaves another chip in the paint. Sux.
Yep

Re: Fiat feedback

Prima148
Didn't I read somewhere that Fiat stores were going to sell seats in many different colors, to appeal to buyers of used 500s who want to recustomize an interior?  Obviously not a solution for the primas, but it would seem seat on both sides could easily be height adjustable.

Re: Fiat feedback

burukut
I have a Rosso Prima number 389. I want to ask you and everyone here whether they have felt the vibrations from the dash and shifter area while accelerating on first or second gear. I took it back to the local dealer and after spending 8 days there, they replaced the top part of the dash because they claimed it was the source of the noise. The noise is still there even as i drove away from the dealer.
Has anyone felt this vibration? I know it is a small car, but that vibration is not normal.
Let me know whether you guys have felt this vibration and any suggestions.
BY THE WAY, anyone messed around with ECO-DRIVE? It records tonnes of data but once inserted into the computer, I get "DATA DETECTED" but the tab that pops up asking me for the vehicle info...color, trans, model....are inactivated! Can't do a damn thing with all this data.

Re: Fiat feedback

burukut wrote
I have a Rosso Prima number 389. I want to ask you and everyone here whether they have felt the vibrations from the dash and shifter area while accelerating on first or second gear. I took it back to the local dealer and after spending 8 days there, they replaced the top part of the dash because they claimed it was the source of the noise. The noise is still there even as i drove away from the dealer.
Has anyone felt this vibration? I know it is a small car, but that vibration is not normal.
Let me know whether you guys have felt this vibration and any suggestions.
BY THE WAY, anyone messed around with ECO-DRIVE? It records tonnes of data but once inserted into the computer, I get "DATA DETECTED" but the tab that pops up asking me for the vehicle info...color, trans, model....are inactivated! Can't do a damn thing with all this data.
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Send me an email describing when it happens, your dealer and VIN and I'll pass it along.  Email is listed in my first
Post.  Thanks!

Re: Fiat feedback

burukut
Thanks Chris. I just emailed you. If anything is unclear, let me know and I shall explain differently.

Re: Fiat feedback

Jeepnut
Just a suggestion to pass along along it goes with the more interior color options I think the Lounge in the blue(Azzuro I think) should be available with the red and white leather interior it's kinda patriotic and I'd definitely buy that combo

Re: Fiat feedback

Mike S
28 countries use Red, White and Blue for their flags.

Which country are you from? Cuba, Cambodia...

Re: Fiat feedback

Jeepnut
I am from and live in the US. Why would Cuba and Cambodia be your first countries listed this thread is about suggestions for the US spec Fiat 500 I made a color combo suggestion and apparently you have an issue with that.

Re: Fiat feedback

Mike S
If you lived in South Florida you might understand why those are the first countries that come to mind.

Re: Fiat feedback

Jeepnut
Oh yea I honestly didn't even think about that(haven't had my coffee yet lol) I live in Greenville SC. so when you mentioned those two first I thought you were trying to give me some crap about my suggestion my apologies.
1234