Factory mod requests

Thad
After having my car just a couple of days there are a few things I'd like to have changed:
-Lower passenger seat
-Sport mode stays in on position after restart(so you don't have to re-activate it every freakin time)
-No horn blast when locking the doors
-plastic/rubber wear surface for dead pedal/foot rest -the carpet has already worn.

I'm sure these things are do-able.

Re: Factory mod requests

Alvon Elrod
I would add to your list:
1) compact spare tire, with jack and tool kit.  These are essential safety items for any car.
2) Printed Owner's manual, radio manual, and warranty manual are a must.
3) Option to purchase a Shop Manual (since the owner's manual has no instructions for doing even the most basic maintenance, like changing oil & filter)

Thad, did you experiment with programming the Key fob to open all doors with one click?  I followed the instructions, but had no success.  (Hold door lock button for more than 4 but less than 10 seconds, then press unlock while holding the lock button, then release both buttons at the same time).

Alvon
Alvon Elrod, #18 White, no sunroof
1970 Fiat 124 spider

Re: Factory mod requests

CaliberSRT4
Alvon Elrod wrote
I would add to your list:
1) compact spare tire, with jack and tool kit.  These are essential safety items for any car.
2) Printed Owner's manual, radio manual, and warranty manual are a must.
3) Option to purchase a Shop Manual (since the owner's manual has no instructions for doing even the most basic maintenance, like changing oil & filter)
1) Too late for the PE's. Unless you are suggesting that they make the spare kit available through Mopar, which makes sense.
2) You can call a phone number and get a free printed manual mailed to you.
3) This is basically the norm. Often you can find a copy of the service manual somewhere online and download it. Some websites will try and charge you, but I was able to find the service manual for my car for free.

Re: Factory mod requests

5*(10)^2
I wonder if I could request a clutch stopper to minimize the 'free space'.

Re: Factory mod requests

Minuszka
" 2) You can call a phone number and get a free printed manual mailed to you.  " - not really. Fiat called me and transferred to this Chrysler free manual hotline, where they said that they never heard of Fiat and they don't have anything fiat since they are Chrysler. On top of that a manual for a 2012 model? I called Fiat to report that and they connected me again to the very same people, whom reassured me again that they have nothing to do with Fiat and they absolutely can't help with a printed Fiat manual.

Re: Factory mod requests

Giallo Edizione
Minuszka wrote
" 2) You can call a phone number and get a free printed manual mailed to you.  " - not really. Fiat called me and transferred to this Chrysler free manual hotline, where they said that they never heard of Fiat and they don't have anything fiat since they are Chrysler. On top of that a manual for a 2012 model? I called Fiat to report that and they connected me again to the very same people, whom reassured me again that they have nothing to do with Fiat and they absolutely can't help with a printed Fiat manual.
OK, right. And besides that?
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Factory mod requests

Jeff
Just got ours today!

From Mar 22, 2011
Prima #446 Bianco

Re: Factory mod requests

sjmst
Great shot, beautiful! Congrats.

Re: Factory mod requests

Littlejohn
Are you folks saying the car does not ship with a spare tire?

Re: Factory mod requests

Thad
Correct. No tools or jack either as far as I can tell.

Re: Factory mod requests

5*(10)^2
I kind of prefer going lightweight without the spare and jack. For longer road trips I would imagine these can be bought and retrofitted?

What really bugs me now is still the height of the seats. I'm going to see if modification is possible.

Re: Factory mod requests

sjmst
I think the car is fine as is.  Maybe just a more durable surface for the dead pedal, as Thad mentioned. Otherwise fine. For PE I would have opted for a stripe along lower body panel instead of up top.

Re: Factory mod requests

Giallo Edizione
sjmst wrote
I too want a lower body strip, like the EU ABARTH. I have found a couple of vendors in UK that fabricate the ABARTH lower stripe for retail sale. I contacted one to see if they could duplicate that stripe without the ABARTH name, or with FIAT instead ( or PRIMA  or whatever) in any standard color as a on-off and they said yes they can. Still waiting response on cost ( maybe they are still laughing...). Anyway, its possible. I have found no off the shelf fitted lower body stripes yet. I agree the Prima would look great replacing the 70's Camaro upper stripe with the lower Abarth type.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Factory mod requests

sjmst
Check out ebay UK, there are lower body stripes that are plain or just have the "500" logo.

Another factory mod suggested is fabric inserts that don't get stained with water spots.

Re: Factory mod requests

Welshy
Was at my local Fiat Studio again, last week and they have had so many request to have the seats lowered that their sister company (OC Motorsport) is working on a few solutions at this moment. Not sure where they are with it at the moment but will keep you up to date with anything more i hear.

Re: Factory mod requests

Mike S
That happened to me too. If you take a clean wet cloth and wipe down the entire seat that could fix it. It fixed mine. I think it may be some kind of protectant they use to keep the seats from getting stained befoer delivery.

Re: Factory mod requests

Giallo Edizione
sjmst wrote

Found it! Thanks!
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Factory mod requests

Thad
Has anyone tried Scotch Guard on the center section of their seats yet?

Re: Factory mod requests

Thanks, Mike will try that.
Also will probably try Scotchguard.

Re: Factory mod requests