Come on Fiat...Abarth NOW!!!

Re: Come on Fiat...Abarth NOW!!!

Small Car Lover
I guess it depends on each person's idea of easy, but to get a complete package by taking a 100hp motor to 170+ (what the US Abarth is promised to be) seems to be more then just bolt on a turbo and a ECU upgrade.  Usually end up being faced with injectors, potential fuel pump upgrade, clutch/flywheel, cooling issues, the tranny getting stressed with the big torque increase (syncros), potentially more torque steer then you want as the geometry was not designed for the extra torque, brake upgrade, springs, dampers, swaybar upgrade, wheel/tire upgrade.  A complete package involves a sig investment.  The necessary aftermarket parts may not all be available.

Having said all that, I totally understand wanting what you want.  Just be prepared it may cost time and money and effort to get it.

Re: Come on Fiat...Abarth NOW!!!

Mike S
I've had them. It's time for some of the new stuff. Abarth is a name Fiat purchased that meant something at the time. It has lost its meaning.

I'm really happy with my Volvo wagon but it should NOT be faster than an Abarth anything. I want to be happier with my Fiat.

Re: Come on Fiat...Abarth NOW!!!

sketch
Speed isn't everything.  A V6 Toyota Camry goes from 0 to 60 in 5.8 seconds--about a second and a half faster than Europe's Abarth esseesse--but it is not anywhere near as fun to drive, and I'm sure it doesn't feel anywhere near as fast.  Which I'd wager is also true of your Volvo.

Re: Come on Fiat...Abarth NOW!!!

RacerRon
SmallCar Lover, I agree with everything you said. In Europe there are several tuning companies that can take your 500 way beyond what Abarth has done. 200, 230, even 260 hp with even stiffer suspension, better brakes, louder exhaust, etc. Just a question of how fast you want to go and still have it streetable. I went through that with the X1/9. I had springs on it that were so low and stiff, that it wasn't comfortable to drive over a moderately bumpy road.

Having a "real" Abarth is going to make the car more valuable in the long run, if you plan to keep it for awhile.

Re: Come on Fiat...Abarth NOW!!!

Fred Fiatstone
Towards the end of this video its appears slightly damp.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Top-Gear-EpisodesTop-Gear_174848.htm

Re: Come on Fiat...Abarth NOW!!!

yingxuy
Is the angle of the seat and lower seat position. I believe you will find a comfortable seating position. If you are in the back seat, and to ensure that they stay in the passenger side.
1234