Color Combo

SeaDawg
Has anyone seen a 'Sport' with  'Mocha Latte' exterior and 'Tessuto Marrone/Nero' interior in captivity on a dealer lot yet?

Re: Color Combo

pinkbuddha
Can I jump in? Trying to find the same thing but in "Espresso." I'd prefer not to special order, but I don't know how hard it will be to find a Sport in not really sporty colors.

Re: Color Combo

Giallo Edizione
pinkbuddha wrote
Can I jump in? Trying to find the same thing but in "Espresso." I'd prefer not to special order, but I don't know how hard it will be to find a Sport in not really sporty colors.
I've been in and out of an espresso/morone Sport at my dealer near Boston. Really nice looking. I was very very tempted to take that one. If it was my daily driver I definitely would have been tempted. The expresso dash and brown interior are very cozy and comfortable surroundings.- not as jarring like Giallo.....The Espresso is a bit metallic so in the sun it gets kind of a bronze tone. Not a lot of cars around in this color and it has a real Euro feel to it. In the end, another fling with x-treme sportiness won over and I went for the Giallo, which better lends itself to some exterior customizing.  Not my daily driver so I don't think I will get mad at the color over time. But like I said, long term, I would have given serious consideration to the Espresso Sport with the morone interior. You might also look at Olive-its a very nice understated look that changes dramatically in sunlight, though I like the Espresso better. If you are open to other colors, take a look at the Pearlescent White, with morone interior Very nice in my book. Not necessarily sporty but not a wallflower either. Dress it up with some aftermarket chrome wheels and it would be a beauty.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Color Combo

cogtooth
The lighter colors definitely make the car look bigger.  Black made most of the sheet metal curves disappear which seamed like a shame.  I live out in the country and the browns and greens made me worry about being invisible to other traffic in such a small car.  If you are set on a Fiat, your dealer would probably take a deposit for a custom order and let you switch to another car if you hated what you ordered, at least mine said they would.  Sounds like many prima owners know about switching their choice.
Bianco Perla Sport

Re: Color Combo

SeaDawg
Giallo Edizione wrote
[...]
I like dark colors, REALLY, but they absorb a LOT of heat in the sun and here in Central Florida there's lots of sun.  The bright colors tend to reflect the sportiness and youth of the Cinquecento.  I owned a screaming yellow Suzuki Aerio SX, I know, I know. I also leased a 'Mars Red'  MB 300C with a 6 Spd manual.  I saw one of the green Cinquecento's on You Tube.  A young lady was taking delivery and had named it 'Green Bean'...it looked like perhaps the dark olive green.  It's a shame that the interiors are so limited on the Sport model.  Some of those Pop interiors look SO cool.  But like most males of the species, I am won over by the Euro handling, bigger wheels, more agressive tires, etc. of the Sport.

Once the local Orlando Dealer opens (Fields Fiat), listed as opening 15 April, but the prospective manager says the head carpenter tells him 23 April;  I'll get 1st shot at the available inventory.  I think the mismatch between the nose and body of the car on the Blanca Pearl would put me off.

I'm getting like a vulture in this forum....circling waiting for the next post.  Come ON 23 April!!!

Re: Color Combo

Pink Buddha
My dealer is open, and I've been there four times already. *blush* I must say, I'm a little disappointed that no one has offered me a coffee yet.

Thanks for mentioning the bumper mismatch again. I'm also interested in Bianco, but I'll have to remember to look again (visit five? lol) to see how much it bothers me. I am also getting a Sport - I like the handling and it just feels right. My inner girlie girl is a little sad that I can't get the white ambience, but it's really not suitable with the grubby life I lead (dirt parking lot daily, lots of dust). The main reason I'm not getting a Pop is the seats - while they look and feel nice, they just don't look like they'll hold up to my Beagle's toenails! And while the Lounge is lovely and leather would be a nice splurge, it's a stick for me. I'm also in a very hot climate (LA Valley), so the light colors do make a lot more sense. I also like the lighter/brighter colors on the dash against the dark controls.

I swear I'm like a toddler... I really should only be given two choices!

Re: Color Combo

Giallo Edizione
IMHO the mismatch issue is a bit overblown. All three of our modern cars,  Silver 300C SRT8, White Prius and now the Yellow 500 as well as my former Electric Blue MINI all exhibit mismatch between the plastic bumper covers and the metal body paint, depending on the light. Sometimes not obvious, other times it can be, but almost always you have to look for it to see it. I can almost guarantee if you walk through a lot full of different color 500's at differenet times of day and different weather you will see many if not most exhibit a mismatch. From my experience it is more likely to be visible on metallics in daylight because of the way they reflect light. But its subtle and you won't notice it after a while. Especially when there is a little bit of environmental impact on the car finish (dirt is such a dirty sounding word).

 I say get the color that makes you feel good. Nicely matched colors that you wish you did not have to settle for will never feel as good. Every time you see a 500 that has the color you really wanted you are going to torment yourself.

As for me, I did not see any obvious mismatch issues with multiple pearly white 500's at the dealer. It's a great color for the car.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Color Combo

cogtooth
Whew, I was getting nervous about the mismatch talk.
Bianco Perla Sport

Re: Color Combo

ciddyguy
cogtooth wrote
Whew, I was getting nervous about the mismatch talk.
As Giallo Edizone says, the whole "mismatch" of the colors between plastic and metal is true, I did some research on paint in general in I think January or Feb, I forget which and the articles from those that talked about the technical aspects of various paints from the earliest enamels to the present finishes found on cars and they DO say that paint will change to an extent between various materials due to how differently it covers each material. Take a piece of metal and plastic, spray them with primer and then shoot a layer or 2 of the base color and then a layer of clear coat and you'll spot a subtle difference between the 2 materials with the same paint sprayed onto both.

It's quite normal and has been like this for years, ever since plastic nosed fronts and rears have been around and that goes back to the 1970's.

Re: Color Combo

ciddyguy wrote
cogtooth wrote
[...]

I agree with you guys about mismatch. The seam line can also exacerbate or create this situation, along with the above mentioned lighting, etc. I've seen new Audis that I look at in some lighting or angles and there appears to be mismatched panels, then change the angle, and it's fine.

Re: Color Combo

cogtooth
There is a mocha sport at Criswell Fiat, but it is an automatic.  I just found out that I will be having a rare color for awhile, since the Japan quake has created a paint supply problem for black, pearl white, rame, and brilliant red.  My 500 is sitting completed at the factory.

http://www.phharval.com/home/news-and-media/motor-news/956-chrysler-canada-restricts-order-scheduling-due-to-potential-paint-shortage
Bianco Perla Sport

Re: Color Combo

SeaDawg
Giallo Edizione wrote
I say get the color that makes you feel good. Nicely matched colors that you wish you did not have to settle for will never feel as good. Every time you see a 500 that has the color you really wanted you are going to torment yourself.
Have you seen any Rosso and Rosso Brillante 500's side by side?  Is the major difference that the Brillante looks sort of 'wet' whereas the other does not?

The only Mocha Latte models I have seen listed on dealer lots are either Pop or Lounge.

The dealer won't be open for 2 weeks but he says the inventory list should be in for the first shipment next week (they'll call me when it's in) and I'm trying to narrow choices.

Re: Color Combo

cogtooth
I was at Criswell's this morning, and they have all colors in stock.  I was originally going to order a rosso brilliante, but I'm glad I took the bianco perla.  All cars had some moisture on them.  The brilliante actually looks darker and duller, and I did not notice any change in its sheen or in it having a "wet" look.  I think the regular rosso looks better.  The mocha latte is fainter in person than on the web, and would be fine in a pop or lounge, but it did not look like it should be a sport.  Seeing them again in person, the whites and yellow make the car look larger, the black loses some of the curve features seen on the lighter colors and looks smaller.  I was amazed again how roomy it feels when sitting inside.  With over 50 in stock, not one had all the features I wanted, so I'm glad I ordered (2 more weeks to go?).
Bianco Perla Sport

Re: Color Combo

Hoicho
I ordered my Giallo Sport couple days ago. Now I am thinking changing the color. Giallo looks good, but it is not for me and my gf doesn't like giallo. My girl told me change to Bianco or Bianco Perla, but they don't come with Marrone interior. I haven't see other color in-live yet except the PE color, going to stop by the dealership tomorrow and check out other color.
HOicHO
SF Bay Area, CA
Sport Auto
Color unknown
POC - 4/6

Re: Color Combo

SeaDawg
cogtooth wrote
I was at Criswell's this morning, and they have all colors in stock.
I was looking at photos on Criswell's Facebook page and came across a Mocha Latte Sport that was being delivered.  It is light, but that would work for me here in Florida...I'll just have to see what the dealer gets in for their first shipment of cars.  The Rosso looks REALLY good on the showroom floor under the lights, too.  I've owned a Screaming Yellow Zonker car and while I loved it, I think I'm going to pass on that one this time around.

At least the Criswell Facebook delivery photos give you a wide range of exterior and interior color combinations to look at in the flesh.  It looks like they are selling them like HOT cakes!

What did you think of the Criswell dealership in general?  I'm too far away, but it looks like they may deserve someone beating their drum.

Re: Color Combo

FiATL
I ordered on Friday.   Ended up with a Verde Olivo w/ Marrone Sport.   Due to the earthquake, I could not get Rame.  Dealer said that Rame, Nero, Bianco Perla and Rosso Brilliante are all restricted due to shortgage of pigments.  He was able to order a couple of Perla cars but couldn't get any Rame orders to take.

I really got sold on the Marrone interior and think the Verde Olivo will work for me.  Espresso and Mocha Latte are interesting colors but not for me.

I do wish that FIAT would allow 5 speed Lounge models in the US, allow heated seats with the manual transmissions, and add a RED to the interior choices on the Sport model.

So, my waiting game starts and I'm searching daily for new pictures of my color combination!

Enjoy whatever you end up with.
Chris B
Roswell GA
Sport 5 speed.  Verde Oliva w/ Marrone
Ordered: 4/8  Delivered 5/25

Re: Color Combo

SeaDawg
FiATL wrote
I ordered on Friday.   Ended up with a Verde Olivo w/ Marrone Sport.   Due to the earthquake, I could not get Rame. I do wish that FIAT would allow 5 speed Lounge models in the US, allow heated seats with the manual transmissions, and add a RED to the interior choices on the Sport model.

Enjoy whatever you end up with.
Your choice should look good.  The only caveat I have is that dark green cars actually absorb more heat than black ones.  I liked the Rame, which was the color of the demo here in Orlando, but it is a little over the top for me as a daily driver.

I share your wishes.  I went to the Italian website for the 500 and there I think you COULD build 500,000 different combinations of the Cinquecento, but NOT in the US (at least at present).

I had hoped the Japan problems would not affect Fiat color choices, but alas, no joy.

Hopefully there will be one that catches my eye next week when I get a look at the incoming inventory list.

May yours be FLAWLESS and a thrill to drive!

Re: Color Combo

Giallo Edizione
There were several Olive/Marone sports and Lounges at my dealer. We really liked that color combo, but opted for Giallo because its not a daily driver, so wanted more sportiness. If it were daily, the Olive is very easy to look at as is the marone intereior. Good choice. Looks terrific in the sun, bit of a golden hue to it.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Color Combo

Hoicho
I just changed mine from Giallo to Bianco Perla. My Rep. seem knows nothing about the shortage or restriction for the mentallic color choice. So I am going along with him, got my order modified. Cross my fingers, won't get any email about it from Fiat later.
HOicHO
SF Bay Area, CA
Sport Auto
Color unknown
POC - 4/6

Re: Color Combo

SeaDawg wrote
[...]

Here's a little trivia for you guys:

Concerning the 500,000 combinations, Laura told me they went to the lawyers to make sure that was legitimate claim.