Cancelled order

LPS

Cancelled order

LPS
Has anybody cancelled their reservation (or tried)?  Of course it stands to reason that you wouldn't still be lurking here if you did cancel.

Re: Cancelled order

Giallo Edizione
My reservation was a replacement for a cancelled reservation, so somebody was able to cancel. My understanding is the order can be cancelled at any time for full refund, right up to delivery. Now when they contact us I suppose they could try to tell us differently but I doubt it. Dealers would be happy to have a car to sell and I think FIAT has a long waiting list for PE's.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)
LPS

Re: Cancelled order

LPS
Mine is 310.

I don't have any sign of a local dealer yet, not real excited about picking up a new model car without local dealership support.

Re: Cancelled order

prima 109
they'll discuss that with you when they call sterting Thursday.

craig
Craig #109 Rosso with sunroof/post assembly block heater.

Re: Cancelled order

sketch
I was called the Saturday following the original round of reservations (which were on a Thursday).  I joined the waiting list about half a second after the cars were all spoken for, but the man on the phone said there were about 200 open spots, so I ended up getting the number I wanted! :D

Re: Cancelled order

littlejohn
I was 299, really hated to cancel...

due to lack of job security, new car payment, health, etc... just better for my stress level at this time.    I put so many miles on cars, it's a bummer, I really don't like to finance much mroe than say $10-12K...which doesn't buy you a new car these days.  For future, well...

I'd like to see the 135HP in the Sport since the Abarth is going with the 170HP.

Abarths will probably go for a premium, so future for me is either a Sport, A Pop or even a used Pop to tool around in, who knows.

Neat Stuff

Neat Stuff
12k will buy you a Versa with air conditioning, but that's about it. You probably made the right choice for your situation, no need to feel bad about canceling. There will be plenty of time for you to get a Fiat, whenever you are comfortable with your financial situation.

Re: Cancelled order

AgentP
The guy I spoke with at the dealership that was 6'3" and waiting for his PE said he was on the waiting list and got called because of a cancellation.  My question for you guys about ordering a FIAT (as I've never ordered a car before) - if I order this car by putting down $500 deposit, do I have to buy it when it arrives?  Has anyone looked into the possibility of not taking a car once it is delivered for whatever reason?  I mean, you could drive it and its feels wrong (like a lemon) or something. With that $500 down are we fully obligated to buy a car sight unseen?

Re: Cancelled order

MrJones
I don't know the specifics of your particular contract, but generally you can back out at any time. Make sure your contract allows it.
This is not to be interpreted as legal advice.

Re: Cancelled order

CaliberSRT4
When you order a car, you are never committed to buying the whole thing. Not until you sign the papers have you committed to a purchase. But often there will be a deposit amount or portion of that amount which is nonrefundable, to cover the costs of making a car for you and then having to find a new buyer for it. Ask your dealer exactly what amount of money they will keep if you pass on the car.

Re: Cancelled order

prima 109
In our original paperwork, we are allowed to cancel up until signing a sales agreement with full refund.  None of us has signed any sales agreement, so our deposits should be refunded if we chose to cancel this late in the game.  IMHO.
Craig #109 Rosso with sunroof/post assembly block heater.

Re: Cancelled order

CaliberSRT4
prima 109 wrote
In our original paperwork, we are allowed to cancel up until signing a sales agreement with full refund.  None of us has signed any sales agreement, so our deposits should be refunded if we chose to cancel this late in the game.  IMHO.
Right, but I believe AgentP is talking about ordering a regular 500 (not PE). Generally when you order a car from the factory, there is a nonrefundable deposit that you will lose if you pass on your custom-configured car. The Prima's are a special circumstance.

Re: Cancelled order

JustWilliam
AgentP wrote
The guy I spoke with at the dealership that was 6'3" and waiting for his PE said he was on the waiting list and got called because of a cancellation.  My question for you guys about ordering a FIAT (as I've never ordered a car before) - if I order this car by putting down $500 deposit, do I have to buy it when it arrives?  Has anyone looked into the possibility of not taking a car once it is delivered for whatever reason?  I mean, you could drive it and its feels wrong (like a lemon) or something. With that $500 down are we fully obligated to buy a car sight unseen?
  PE reservation holders can cancel, and have cancelled.

  Ordering a specific model and specification however, is probably a different story, as it should be. Only opened studios can take a custom order, as they will have 500's to drive as well as inventory to purchase "on the spot".

My humblest of opinions is that a significant number of buyers will be too uncomfortable or unfamiliar with the concept of ordering and waiting for a car tailored to exact specification. And considering the 50,000 units Fiat USA plans to sell per year, I have no doubt that Fiat Studios will have an inventory of cars for these customers once the Toluca plant has ramped up to capacity. Others (like me) are excited by the chance to custom tailor a car to exact specification, as if we were ordering a Maserati or Bentley. Isn't it amazing to have that choice in this price segment?

 I think it will be fascinating to see the sales ratio of "inventory" vs. "ordered" cars.

 Peace,
 William