Abarth News

Re: Abarth News

Jeepnut
I brought the mini brochure the dealer gave me into work and nobody there even knew Fiat was back in the US so hopefully they will start some kind of decent marketing here pretty soon. Also when I test drove the demo the local(hour and a half away) dealer had and was pleasantly surprised at the noise the engine makes. It growls it's a great sound. Also I wanted to ask any of the owners of an automatic equipped model what they thought of the performance of it I prefer a stick shift but I have bad knees and was considering the auto for times I'm stuck in traffic but my only experience with an automated manual type transmission is driving a friends Smart and that has to be the worst auto ever.

Re: Abarth News

SeaDawg
Jeepnut wrote
Also I wanted to ask any of the owners of an automatic equipped model what they thought of the performance of it I prefer a stick shift but I have bad knees and was considering the auto for times I'm stuck in traffic but my only experience with an automated manual type transmission is driving a friends Smart and that has to be the worst auto ever.
I have a 5 spd manual, but I won't let that hold me back.

The automatic in the 500 is a REAL automatic just like an american car automatic.  It is NOT an automated manual.

Other than that factoid, I'll defer to those who actually have one in their vehicles to regale you with their tales of enjoyment.

Re: Abarth News

geeded
Okay Chris, and also you too PIZ.  I know you want to say something, and I (we) certainly could use a morsel (or 10).  Even a hint would be appreciated!

I've had a $500 deposit down on an Abarth for a little over two months already, complete with contract and price .. allowing no more than $500 over MSRP (and price includes "doc" fees, etc).  Contract states I will get the second Abarth from the dealer.  Even then, I was the second person at our dealer to "pay the cash and get in line".  Beginning to sound like it's a pretty good bet.... .  How "Restricted" is Restricted, anyhow?

So I hereby give you both my permission to hint (or tell) and rumors you know....beggars can't be choosers and you two are privy to some really juicy innuendo.

As long as they offer it with a manual and at least the option of extra HP, I will be happy. Oh, and no sunroof as I'm 6'4".  Also, any rumors about starting price?  I don't see how they can go too crazy w/o bumping into the Focus ST, GTI, MINI, etc.  Of course, I've been wrong before.....

Cheers

Re: Abarth News

geeded wrote
[...]

Hi geeded, welcome to the forum!

I think it's safe to say that enthusiasts won't be disapointed. I've got my deposit ready!
Prima Edizione  29
PiZ

Re: Abarth News

PiZ
Fiat500USA wrote
Hi geeded, welcome to the forum!

I think it's safe to say that enthusiasts won't be disapointed. I've got my deposit ready!
Definitely !

geeded... I think that ..... you will be happy !

Ciaoo

Re: Abarth News

MrFiat
Hey there Gee,   It's been a long while since I've last seen the  Terlingua Racing Rabbit.  It put a smile on My face.  That logo has a long and rich history indeed.    Gee gets an ATTABOY from the old guy!

On another topic altogether, perhaps we should put together a list of serious Abarth buyers from the forum and suggest to FIAT that they consider reserving an early block of them for "the faithful followers".   I'd certainly be up for adding my name to the list.   May or may not get results, but it certainly couldn't hurt, ------  I think   ---------  maybe ------

Re: Abarth News

RacerRon
That's a great idea MrFiat. Does Laura read this forum?

Pick Me! Pick me! I support Abarth!

Re: Abarth News

RacerRon
MrFiat, this is one of my favorite Abarth cars, the Abarth 1300 OT. Although it was based on a Simca, it used some modified Fiat 850 parts. The rear four-cylinder 1300cc DOHC engine had about 75 bhp. In racing trim it had about double that. These cars won the 1966 and 1967 Division 1 Grand Touring World Championship.

Re: Abarth News

Giallo Edizione
MrFiat wrote
Hey there Gee,   It's been a long while since I've last seen the  Terlingua Racing Rabbit.  It put a smile on My face.  That logo has a long and rich history indeed.    Gee gets an ATTABOY from the old guy!

On another topic altogether, perhaps we should put together a list of serious Abarth buyers from the forum and suggest to FIAT that they consider reserving an early block of them for "the faithful followers".   I'd certainly be up for adding my name to the list.   May or may not get results, but it certainly couldn't hurt, ------  I think   ---------  maybe ------
Ohhhhh noooooo! Not that again. We knooowww what happened the last time they tried that.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Abarth News

MrFiat
Hmmm?  What did happen?    I guess I'm totally clueless

Re: Abarth News

MrFiat
Indeed !  I've always been taken with that car as well.  Sure is beautiful.  I had an opportunity to buy one in the early 70's but alas, no money then.   And by the way, I have always been of the opinion that I should have been born wealthy enough to have one of every car that Abarth ever made.   What a collection that would have been !  I guess I'll just have to arrange for that to happen in my next life .

Re: Abarth News

RacerRon
I have no idea what the value of an Abarth 1300 OT is, but my guess is that it is expensive! Never seen one for sale, but then again I wasn't looking.

Re: Abarth News

Giallo Edizione
MrFiat wrote
Hmmm?  What did happen?    I guess I'm totally clueless
You missed all the fun surrounding the 500 Prima Edizione's reserved for early issuance to a special few select avid FIAT fans. Read through the forum in the Feb-March timeframe for some real entertainment.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Abarth News

Giallo Edizione wrote
MrFiat wrote
Hmmm?  What did happen?    I guess I'm totally clueless
You missed all the fun surrounding the 500 Prima Edizione's reserved for early issuance to a special few select avid FIAT fans. Read through the forum in the Feb-March timeframe for some real entertainment.
Well, the next time will be different because they won't be starting from zero; launching a new brand/ building a dealership network, etc. at the same time, plus it's been a learning  experience.

Re: Abarth News

geeded
 Okay, this is for you Chris and also Piz.... "Arrrg! Innuendo, obfuscation, I know more than you winks!  Again, Arrrrggg!  Just kidding gentlemen.  Thanks for the non-answer(s). It's more than I've gotten on any of the other forums.  Nothing like looking at a year wait to drive you a little batty. Come on...something?....Plllleeeeaaaaase! <sigh>

Mr. Fiat, you recognized the Terlingua Racing Rabbit!  20 old guy points to you! (It's still an AWESOME insignia.  I only wish I could have found an avatar of the "Cannonball Baker Sea to Shining Sea Memorial Trophy Dash" bumper sticker....or maybe the Polish racing team.

I just hope the Abarth's get here before I croak...or the Alfa Giuliettas show up. In which case, all bets are off!  I know they're coming......

Cheers

Re: Abarth News

geeded
Oh, I forgot to say, Thanks for the welcome to the forum.  Here's to many questions, answers, observations, and a little comradery in the coming months!

Cheers and again, Thanks for the welcome.

TTFN

Re: Abarth News

charlie mooney
I have my 500 lounge for 6 weeks now, absolutelylove it, the motorhas a nice growl
automatic is nice  it's scoots away just fine. My plan b is an Alfa whenthey come over
enjoy your "500"
   Charlie

Re: Abarth News

geeded wrote
Oh, I forgot to say, Thanks for the welcome to the forum.  Here's to many questions, answers, observations, and a little comradery in the coming months!

Cheers and again, Thanks for the welcome.

TTFN

Re: Abarth News

Terry
Congratulations Charlie and buona fortuna...If you can, pls keep us posted on mpg, performance, etc. (It seems not too many automatics reporting on this site)---Best of luck, again!

Terry

Re: Abarth News

MrFiat
Clueless here again !!   I've put about 250 miles on the new 500 Sport and still have almost a 3/4 tank of fuel left.  That got me thinking about fuel and it occurred to me that nowhere in the manual did it suggest the grade of fuel that was appropriate.   Maybe I just missed it  ( 11 times   ) Anyway, what grade fuel is the 500 supposed to use?
123456