500 wheel bolt pattern

fiatdad

  Not wanting to assume( you know), is the Fiat 500 bolt pattern 4 x 98mm? Thanks.
Carrillos Corner

Re: 500 wheel bolt pattern

fiatdad wrote
  Not wanting to assume( you know), is the Fiat 500 bolt pattern 4 x 98mm? Thanks.
Hi fiatdad, welcome to the forum!  Yes, the 500's bolt pattern is 4x98.

Re: 500 wheel bolt pattern

fiatdad
 Hi, Thanks. That was fast.
Carrillos Corner

Re: 500 wheel bolt pattern

cinquecento
Are we absolutely sure that the bolt pattern didn't get changed to 4x100mm? I'd be absolutely stunned if they gave us a 98mm bolt pattern - considering the fact that to my knowledge there isn't a single other car on the market here with that configuration... I guess I'd like to know what your source is; I realize the euro spec does use the 98.  Might have to find some "wobbly bolts" I guess.
398 -> 24

Re: 500 wheel bolt pattern

Fiat500USA wrote
fiatdad wrote
  Not wanting to assume( you know), is the Fiat 500 bolt pattern 4 x 98mm? Thanks.
Hi fiatdad, welcome to the forum!  Yes, the 500's bolt pattern is 4x98.
Sorry to sound contrarian but...

Are you sure? If you look at the photograph at the top of the forum site, the US fiat looks to use a 5 bolt pattern on the Sport model in any event.

Now I could be wrong but it looks that way in the photo.

Re: 500 wheel bolt pattern

Small Car Lover
Looking at this photo below all the stock 500 wheels, including the sport wheels, have a emblem cover over the wheel nuts:

The only photo I have seen showing the bolt pattern is from the Mopar 500 at the Detroit auto show.  This photo clearly shows the 4 bolt pattern.

Re: 500 wheel bolt pattern

Ciddyguy
Oh, you're right, never mind then.

I should've known that.

Re: 500 wheel bolt pattern

RacerRon
I don't know why Fiat would change the bolt pattern just for the U.S. market.

Re: 500 wheel bolt pattern

Jim McKenzie
I may be wrong but I think the 4 x 98 has been a Fiat standard for decades, think the 850, 128, X1/9 and other used it (of course in 13" and 14" versions).  Did they ever use any other?  4 x 100 does sound familiar, was that used on Alfa's?
1973 Fiat 850 Sport Spider
1977 Fiat X1/9

Re: 500 wheel bolt pattern

RacerRon
Jim M. is right about the 4 x 98 being a Fiat "standard". Does anyone know if the 500 uses lug bolts or studs? I used to hate those lug bolts on the X1/9. I changed them to studs on my race cars.

Re: 500 wheel bolt pattern

 Yeah, they still use the old bolt pattern. I'd love to hear the story why.

fix spelling;)

Re: 500 wheel bolt pattern

Cody
Check tire rack and other shops a lot of wheels are made in 4x98 pattern should be able to find something you like.

Re: 500 wheel bolt pattern

CaliberSRT4
Plus there will be a bunch of Fiat wheels available through Mopar.

Re: 500 wheel bolt pattern

Giallo Edizione
Fiat500USA wrote
Yeah, they still use the old bolt pattern. I'd love to here the story why.
Really. If they used a 100 pattern there would likely be a ton of wheels right now that could be adapted.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: 500 wheel bolt pattern

SpidArman
Tire Rack is offering many wheels for the 500 already.  Too bad they are all 4x100mm bolt patterns.  Check the small disclaimers about using "special" wheel bolts.   The wheel bolts they give you are "wobble" bolts.  Personally, I will wait for proper 4x98mm wheels.

Arman
Prima Edizone #419 Rosso/Sunroof/EB Heater

Re: 500 wheel bolt pattern

Giallo Edizione
SpidArman wrote

I recall that H&R offers spacers with adapters that provide for mounting different patterns. It may be a while before manufacturers and retailers are ready to take a risk and invest in 500-specific expensive items.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: 500 wheel bolt pattern

Giallo Edizione wrote
SpidArman wrote
Tire Rack is offering many wheels for the 500 already.  Too bad they are all 4x100mm bolt patterns.  Check the small disclaimers about using "special" wheel bolts.   The wheel bolts they give you are "wobble" bolts.  Personally, I will wait for proper 4x98mm wheels.

Arman
I recall that H&R offers spacers with adapters that provide for mounting different patterns. It may be a while before manufacturers and retailers are ready to take a risk and invest in 500-specific expensive items.
Personally, I don't think there will be many 4x98 wheels offered. Checking in Europe, there aren't that many there, either. I've always bought 4x98 wheels, but after searching forever for wheels, this time around, I'm trying something different.

Re: 500 wheel bolt pattern

gracielona
For giving a attractive look to your car wheels, now so many types of bolts are available in the market. I think you should choose the steel bolts because its always stay rust free & always look new..

Click here for best bar caps | rigid tube

Re: 500 wheel bolt pattern

javier
I just buy my 1st fiat 500 turbo and I want to lower it what is a good place to get the suspension kit for it

Re: 500 wheel bolt pattern

Hi,

We've moved! Please go here and post your question on the new forum.  Make sure you register. Thanks!

Click here to go to The NEW Fiat 500 USA Forum