a/c

raffpal
anybody tested the a/c yet?  i'm in Southern california and i feel like it's not really that cold?

Re: a/c

lirandy
raffpal wrote
anybody tested the a/c yet?  i'm in Southern california and i feel like it's not really that cold?
I am in S.CA also, but I haven't had a chance to test the a/c yet.  But since you have brought it up, I guess I will pay more attention onto that also....
#485 Bianco w/ sunroof
Always miss my Subies....

Re: a/c

jamesday24
I'm in Florida and mine seems to work pretty well.
Bianco Prima Edizione 345 from Fields FIAT

Re: a/c

Mike S
I'm in South Florida and mine works just great.

If you have a sunroof you might want to use an insulated pad between the screen and the glass sunroof.

Campione has one and I've been using it. It really cuts down the interior temp from the sun.

Re: a/c

raffpal
is campione a store? do you have their info? because the screen doesn't really help and the car is really hot

Re: a/c

Mike S
They advertise on this site.

http://www.campione500.com/products.php?cat=57

Re: a/c

raffpal
great thanks

Re: a/c

Doodles
raffpal wrote
anybody tested the a/c yet?  i'm in Southern california and i feel like it's not really that cold?
There doesn't seem to be a way to just turn the fan on and blow outside air in.
Other cars can.

Re: a/c

sjmst
We had a couple of 80 degree days here in NY and it worked fine.

Re: a/c

jvsgabriel
I think I agree with you...I live in San Diego, and we had 80+ degrees over the past weekend, and I didn't think that the A/C was that cold.  I am comparing it to my wife's Honda Fit.  I had the temp control down to 60 and it still didn't feel all that cold.  I also made a very similar product to the one they sell at Campione.  I went to the local Dixie-line and used the stuff they insulate water heaters, foil outside with the bubble wrap stuff inside.  Kept the car cooler, but the A/C didn't seem to get that cold.

Joel

Re: a/c

jvsgabriel
Hi Doodles;

There doesn't seem to be a way to just turn the fan on and blow outside air in.
Other cars can.

 I think you just have to lower the temp control, just don't press the AC button.  This way the compressor doesn't engage.  And I am pretty sure this is the way you turn on the VENT feature.  At least that's how I do it, seems to work fine.

Joel

Re: a/c

tokarev
Mine works good here in Florida and we are pushing 90 degrees

Re: a/c

Doodles wrote
raffpal wrote
anybody tested the a/c yet?  i'm in Southern california and i feel like it's not really that cold?
There doesn't seem to be a way to just turn the fan on and blow outside air in.
Other cars can.
There is, there is a recirculation button if you have the automatic climate control panel (the same for the manual control panel too) that switches between recirculation and fresh air and only works in any other mode but mix and defrost and the AC can be turned on or off manually if you have the automatic system in manual mode (turning off the automatic temperature control).

The manual goes into all of this if it's handy.

One thing, don't leave the system in recirculation too long, especially during cold wet weather as the windows WILL fog up badly and really, in mix and defrost, you can't have it in recirc anyway.

Also, leaving the heater mode in mix or defrost will keep the AC active even if the light is out on the AC button but the recirculation can't be closed in that mode as the AC helps dry out the excess moisture inside the car so that'll be something I will have to get used to not doing if I don't want the AC going all the time.

Re: a/c

SeaDawg
ciddyguy wrote
Also, leaving the heater mode in mix or defrost will keep the AC active even if the light is out on the AC button but the recirculation can't be closed in that mode as the AC helps dry out the excess moisture inside the car so that'll be something I will have to get used to not doing if I don't want the AC going all the time.
Another major reason the A/C compressor comes on with defrost is to keep the compressor seal lubricated in the wintertime.  Virtually all American cars with A/C do this and probably foreign ones as well.  Below 32 degrees exterior temperature the compressor usually will not come on in defrost.

Re: a/c

ciddyguy
SeaDawg wrote
ciddyguy wrote
Also, leaving the heater mode in mix or defrost will keep the AC active even if the light is out on the AC button but the recirculation can't be closed in that mode as the AC helps dry out the excess moisture inside the car so that'll be something I will have to get used to not doing if I don't want the AC going all the time.
Another major reason the A/C compressor comes on with defrost is to keep the compressor seal lubricated in the wintertime.  Virtually all American cars with A/C do this and probably foreign ones as well.  Below 32 degrees exterior temperature the compressor usually will not come on in defrost.
Yep, that's another great reason, for years, too many systems that didn't automatically come on in at least defrost tended to have their seals dry out if not used over a period of time and thus recharging of the AC being common in the past.

Re: a/c

apex97
Just took a trip from Atlanta to Florida and Back with all four seats full in 90 degree weather and the A/C was ice cold the whole time in traffic or at 80 MPH.
Prima #205 First Delivery in the Southeast.