Why has the ability of customizing turned into existential crises?

Why has the ability of customizing turned into existential crises?

FiatGal
First, the question of interiors. If you want more options, you either have to go for the pop (no spare), or the lounge.

Second, if you want the heated seats, you have to give up the manual transmission????

To quote a brilliant add:

          REALLY??????

I love driving a manual, and I've read all of Chris's posts on the various transmissions, and I admit that most of that information I don't really get. All I know is that I like driving a manual. And I live in a cold climate where heated seats would be so nice.

This Laura needs to have a conversation with another Laura.

Re: Why has the ability of customizing turned into existential crises?

cinquecento
Right on.  There's no way that a nice interior and the manual transmission should be mutually exclusive.  For now I'm going to have faith that the configurator is still preliminary... *fingers crossed*
398 -> 24

Re: Why has the ability of customizing turned into existential crises?

LauraInME wrote
First, the question of interiors. If you want more options, you either have to go for the pop (no spare), or the lounge.

Second, if you want the heated seats, you have to give up the manual transmission????

To quote a brilliant add:

          REALLY??????

I love driving a manual, and I've read all of Chris's posts on the various transmissions, and I admit that most of that information I don't really get. All I know is that I like driving a manual. And I live in a cold climate where heated seats would be so nice.

This Laura needs to have a conversation with another Laura.
Interestingly I want the sport and wished it had more than the black or brown interior color options and noted that the convenience package (alarm, spare, heated seats and auto climate control says automatic only, but when you check that option, the configurator does not automatically insist you choose the auto tranny if you haven't already so I dunno.

I want the manual and am trying to get the lay on whether the manual is clutch driven or torque converter driven, either way, it's shiftable if you want to so not too bad of an option IMO.

Re: Why has the ability of customizing turned into existential crises?

You know, adding heated seats is no big deal, not that expensive, and I don't think you'd ever know the difference.
Just sayin'...

http://www.heatedseatkits.com/faq.html

Re: Why has the ability of customizing turned into existential crises?

FiatGal
Ciddyguy... yes... I noticed too on the configuration that choosing the "Auto Trans" option didn't force you to choose the Automatic Transmission, so, like you, I'm keeping fingers crossed. But after reading another post in the pricing thread that pretty much confirmed my fears, I'm  really at a loss.

I also read your post (I think it's yours?) on the clutch and whether it's this or that, and frankly, my eyes sort of glaze over. I wish I were a bit more mechanically-inclined to understand. All I know, is that I like shifting gears.

Real happy to hear about the seat warmer kit. I had no idea!! Thanks Sam. Okay, so that does remove one layer of existential crisis...

Oh... why must consumer capitalism be so fraught with anguished choices?!!!

I hope Chris can get back to us on this soon as I think a confirmation is in order on whether the heated seats, or rather, the convenience package in the Sport requires ONLY the automatic.

Re: Why has the ability of customizing turned into existential crises?

FiatGal
I ended up calling Fiat this morning. Even though it was the weekend, someone did answer! Unfortunately, she couldn't clarify those points, but if our oracle Chris doesn't get back to us soon, someone will get back to me Monday or Tuesday. It does seem all quite odd, even the lack of spare in the pop but spare included (as an option, right? not on my computer so I can't verify) in the sport or lounge version.

XXXXXX Keeping fingers crossed  XXXXXXX

Re: Why has the ability of customizing turned into existential crises?

LauraInME wrote
I ended up calling Fiat this morning. Even though it was the weekend, someone did answer! Unfortunately, she couldn't clarify those points, but if our oracle Chris doesn't get back to us soon, someone will get back to me Monday or Tuesday. It does seem all quite odd, even the lack of spare in the pop but spare included (as an option, right? not on my computer so I can't verify) in the sport or lounge version.

XXXXXX Keeping fingers crossed  XXXXXXX

Hi all,

Lots of questions (and too few answers). I too, am waiting on answers to questions (among my other usual requests). Laura had a question and answer session that was recorded, there were many questions posed, some by yours truly. I was told the answers/recording would be posted once it goes through the proper channels.

I am hoping many of our questions will be answered by this session ( I don't know all the questions asked).

Also, to make it easier for everyone, (you, me and Fiat) I will start a separate "Questions for Fiat post" on this forum that will centralize everything. Now I can't guarantee we'll get answers on everything, but it should help.

I have to figure the logistics out, but this post will probably be up tomorrow (I'm still putting together pictures for a story on the US cars). In the meantime, get your questions together

Re: Why has the ability of customizing turned into existential crises?

I've contacted Fiat and am still working on getting a question and answer thing going. Pressing questions can always call 1-888-CIAOFIAT.
Prima Edizione  29