Where's All the FIAT Ads????

navy48
I have yet to see ONE FIAT commercial on TV.  wouldn't you think by NOW there would be some?  I heard rumors that FIAT was waiting for more Studios to open.  to me, that's like a slap in the face to the FIAT Studios that were opened ON TIME as they should have been.  the Studio owners that busted their **tts to meet FIAT's deadline of March 1st are now having to wait and tough it out until the rest of the Studios get their act together.  pls, don't get me wrong....all of the delays at the other locations are not necessarily due to the OWNERS, but still.....why is FIAT punishing those who WERE opened early or on time?

bring on the ads, FIAT!  we want to see some 500's on TV!!!
"O'Brien Fiat of Greenwood is MY FIAT Studio of choice!!!"

Re: Where's All the FIAT Ads????

Giallo Edizione
Heard a radio ad yesterday for the very first time.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Where's All the FIAT Ads????

jamesday24
I'm more interested in seeing some magazine ads.  Hope they do something clever.
Bianco Prima Edizione 345 from Fields FIAT

Re: Where's All the FIAT Ads????

Hoicho
I saw an billboard ad next to the highway exist near my home. It is about 20 miles from the nearest Studio, 1 mile from the Chysler dealership which owned by the same owner.

I think it is alright for Fiat not putting up the ads yet until most of the dealership open. I as a customer which will give me a bad impression that if I have to drive over 100+ miles to get to the nearest dealership.

As now I will enjoy the moment feeling I am the only 500 on the road. Feel so special.
HOicHO
SF Bay Area, CA
Sport Auto
Color unknown
POC - 4/6

Re: Where's All the FIAT Ads????

prima 109
Me too.  I'm the only one in my area with one, a prima no less.
Craig #109 Rosso with sunroof/post assembly block heater.

Re: Where's All the FIAT Ads????

prima 109 wrote
Me too.  I'm the only one in my area with one, a prima no less.
Looks like next month is "D-Day". There should be enough dealers to get something going.

Re: Where's All the FIAT Ads????

navy48
FIAT could still do TV ads in markets where the Studios ARE open.   they are essentially leaving all the ads up to the dealer, who already dumped a ton of money to get up and going, losing money all the while and now the only way they are to get any advertising is to do it out of their own pocket?   good for FIAT, bad for the dealer.
"O'Brien Fiat of Greenwood is MY FIAT Studio of choice!!!"

Re: Where's All the FIAT Ads????

navy48 wrote
FIAT could still do TV ads in markets where the Studios ARE open.   they are essentially leaving all the ads up to the dealer, who already dumped a ton of money to get up and going, losing money all the while and now the only way they are to get any advertising is to do it out of their own pocket?   good for FIAT, bad for the dealer.
I don't know what the exact  advertising plans are, but you make a valid point.  I'm sure this isn't wasted on them, either.  We'll have to keep an eye out for the first ads to appear.  Not really sure about how many TV ads we'll see, though...

Re: Where's All the FIAT Ads????

sjmst
I find interesting that the Fiat website still does NOT list North America as where Fiat is!

http://www.fiat.com/cgi-bin/pbrand.dll/FIAT_COM/fiatuniverse/sites.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0364281745.1304167684@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccchadfdgjjdifhcefecejgdfkhdfjh.0

Re: Where's All the FIAT Ads????

einy
I saw a number of ads on the sides of bus stops while in Vancouver BC last week.  Didn't see any 500's driving around though, but did see lots of Smart Cars.  I was sort of disappointed, to be honest ...