What Is A Body Vendor?

John Reid
My car sat in the Merriam, Kansas rail hub, 20 minutes from the dealer for three weeks. Then it was sent to the "body vendor" in Ohio and now its on it's way back again. Any ideas as to rhyme or reason for this or what a body vendor is?

Re: What Is A Body Vendor?

fredfrey
Perhaps damage to the body that needed to be fixed?

Re: What Is A Body Vendor?

PE#454
I got my timeline from Aldric, too. Mine lists 'Ship to body vendor' many times. Plus, it says (for future) 'Railcar - Interchanged' for Friday morning in Salem, IL--after it's been sitting in Nashville for so long--before it's shipped back south to Louisiana. Why the heck would it go there?

I think someone with some knowledge of this software (Paul, perhaps?) could best explain what all of this means. I'd be happy to e-mail mine to someone who might be able to explain it.