US eco:Drive available!

Check it out!

US eco:Drive version here!

Re: US eco:Drive available!

sjmst
Is this the device that sucks every ounce of fun out of driving?

Re: US eco:Drive available!

Giallo Edizione
sjmst wrote
Is this the device that sucks every ounce of fun out of driving?

 Yeah. I was looking for whether it recorded best 0-60, 1/4 mile and g's but alas, not there. Maybe it will be in Abarth version 2.0
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: US eco:Drive available!

Thad
I've been struggling to get this going. It crashed my Windows XP computer at work and I can't uninstall what is left of the program. This Mac almost works but when I put the USB drive in it asks me my vehicle configuration and gives me empty pull down windows that I can't proceed past. I finally found an app that removed the remnants of the preferences stored in my Mac. I had previously installed the Euro version on this computer. It apparently didn't like that. I saved the 'old' data that the car collected from mid March when I first tried using Ecodrive. I copied the files from the drive that were located: iFiat\ecoDrive\Data and moved them to a new USB with the new software. It finally read everything and shows me a history back into March. I suck. I have a 43 rating!

Re: US eco:Drive available!

Alvon Elrod
Thanks for the run-down on how to get it working.  I have had similar non-results, with all the empty drop down menus, and it wouldn't read my flash drive in the USB port.  I guess I'll try uninstalling everything and starting all over again.

Alvon
Alvon Elrod, #18 White, no sunroof
1970 Fiat 124 spider

Re: US eco:Drive available!

Rick
Chris

Can you please contact me regarding becoming a sponsor?
Thanks
Rick
HotFiat.com
HotFiat.com
Oops.  I Fiated again!
Prima Edizione #373
1960 Fiat Multipla

Re: US eco:Drive available!

Alvon Elrod
OK, my eco index over 88 trips in 1627 miles was an average of 56.  My current index is 59.  The advice it gives me is to accelerate more slowly and shift gears at lower RPM.  I thought I've been driving like a granny, but I guess this program would like me to drive like my great, great granny!  It recommends shifting to 2nd at about 2200 rpm, 3rd at about 2000 rpm, 4th at about 1800 rpm, 5th at about 1600 rpm.

The data shows that I've been shifting to 2nd at about 1700 rpm, and shifting at about 2800 - 3000 rpm for the other gears.

Alvon
Alvon Elrod, #18 White, no sunroof
1970 Fiat 124 spider

Re: US eco:Drive available!

jvsgabriel
Hi Thad,
   Could you post your instructions for the Mac, as I too am having trouble getting the eco drive to work.  And I have info from my UBS stick since last month.  I tried to delete everything, but the driver preference is still loading up on my mac.  Thanks.

Joel

Re: US eco:Drive available!

jamesday24
I was able to install it on Windows 7 with no issues.
Bianco Prima Edizione 345 from Fields FIAT

Re: US eco:Drive available!

Alvon Elrod wrote
OK, my eco index over 88 trips in 1627 miles was an average of 56.  My current index is 59.  The advice it gives me is to accelerate more slowly and shift gears at lower RPM.  I thought I've been driving like a granny, but I guess this program would like me to drive like my great, great granny!  It recommends shifting to 2nd at about 2200 rpm, 3rd at about 2000 rpm, 4th at about 1800 rpm, 5th at about 1600 rpm.

The data shows that I've been shifting to 2nd at about 1700 rpm, and shifting at about 2800 - 3000 rpm for the other gears.

Alvon
Is it fun to drive that way?

Re: US eco:Drive available!

Thad
Mac OSX instructions:
 If you previously loaded the Euro version on your computer you need to completely delete all pieces of the app. I don't know how to do it manually and there is no ecoDrive uninstall program. I found an app called AppZapp that I downloaded and let it do the proper uninstall. After that, I downloaded and installed the program from www.fiat.com/ecodrive/ and selected NorthAmerican English. I followed all the directions and put a couple of short journeys on the drive.
Now the trick to reuse the old data on the drive required using two thumb drives or you could just move files around. The old drive that I collected data on after I got the car contains a bunch of files. You will see the files on the thumb drive at iFiat/ecodrive/data. Copy these files from your old drive and drop them in the same place on the new drive. Doing this gave me my driving results back to March 21.
Once the ecoDrive program loads the data from the USB drive, it wipes it off the drive. So, no need to worry about filling up a thumb drive. Each trip file is only 2-4K in size.
I hope this helps and can maybe give some clues to people using Windows platform and trying to reload with old data and previously loaded program. I had no luck with Windows XP but it did work easily with Windows 7.

Re: US eco:Drive available!

Alvon Elrod
It is fun to see how conservatively I can drive this car, or any car.  I like that this software actually gives you some feedback on how one does on their attempts to drive conservatively.

It's also fun to make that little car perform.  I do that, too, when I feel like it -- but I mostly drive it conservatively, as I do with any car that I drive.  Many people have test driven my car, and they've all 'given it a little run for the money'.  So, my data is kinda skewed.  I'm going to try to manipulate the data files to look at only portions of conservative driving, and see what the numbers tell me.

I believe that you can selectively choose when you want the eco drive on or off, and can assign the eco drive data to different drivers if you have different USB devices to plug in and capture the data.  I haven't figured that out yet, though.

Alvon
Alvon Elrod, #18 White, no sunroof
1970 Fiat 124 spider

Re: US eco:Drive available!

sjmst
Alvon Elrod wrote
[...]

I see the point. Both modes can be cool.

Re: US eco:Drive available!

dashto
I am having the same problems on my Windows 7 computer.  Had previously installed the European version.  Have uninstalled it, and then re-installed the NA version.  Seems there's a persistent data file somewhere, since it still remembers my previous profile.

Any ideas where to look to scrub the rest out?  I'd really like to start using this.

Blank dropdowns are annoying!

Thanks, Ian

Re: US eco:Drive available!

jvsgabriel
Hi Thad,

  Ok I'm still not getting mine to work correctly.  I have uploaded the new version , scrubbed the old one from the pc and have wiped the USB stick.  Now my problem is that the car sees the update, asks me to take out the USB stick, but the instructions say hit a certain button on the wheel.  Which button did you press? I've pressed them all and the thing just does not want to work.

  Ive just about had it with the ecoDrive.  But will keep trying it on my days off.  Thanks in advance.

Joel

Re: US eco:Drive available!

Alvon Elrod
I gave up trying to install it on the computer that I had installed the Europe ECO software, and was successful installing the USA version on a different computer (with no previous ECO software history).  The installation went fine, and it read and decypered my data.

When I get a chance, I would like to continue trying to install the USA software on my primary computer.  If successful, I'll let you know how I did it.

Alvon
Alvon Elrod, #18 White, no sunroof
1970 Fiat 124 spider

Re: US eco:Drive available!

Jvsgabriel
thanks I will also try the same thing and try it on a computer without the euro version of the Eco drive.  Thanks in advance.

Joel

Re: US eco:Drive available!

cogtooth
When I have had problems reinstalling software, usually I have had to go to the regedit and remove manually all of the previous version's references.  Has anyone tried that?
Bianco Perla Sport

Re: US eco:Drive available!

DrivegreenMPG
Momentum-Meter EASES ECO DRIVING

Miami, Florida April 27, 2011- GREEN TECHNOLOGY manufacturer Inc manufactures the long awaited Momentum-Meter, a new consumer friendly car instrument that helps reduce fuel consumption (US Patent # 7,411,140).
With the recent launching of Eco Driving in the USA (see http://www.ecodrivingusa.com) Momentum-Meter is recognized as the instrument easing eco driving for everyone, from the student to the professional truck driver. Eco-Driving is becoming the new way of driving of the 21st Century worldwide.
"It may take ten years for car manufacturers to create and redesign higher fuel efficient cars, fifteen years to find and exploit fuel fossil reserves in the US and maybe twenty more years to develop safe nuclear energy providing 50% of our electricity," said the inventor, Tom Delor. It takes only a few seconds to stick Momentum-Meter to your windshield and plug it in your cigarette lighter to upgrade your car to a fuel efficient car. "Momentum-Meter was developed and tested during the last three years, and we now manufacture it in Clearwater, Florida," added Delor, a retired ex-aeronautical engineer who co-invented this device to help his school teacher daughter to save gas. "It all started with my daughter and I'm always looking for a good reason to spend some time in my workshop," added Delor. As a Speed-O-Meter indicates the speed of your vehicle, Momentum-Meter indicates its inherent momentum telling the driver when to coast (moving the vehicle effortlessly) using the force of the inertial mass generated by Newton’s second law of motion, instead of fossil fuel, diesel, bio fuel or electricity. Green light indicates you can coast, red light indicates you need to use fuel to maintain the car's speed. It's like a personal trainer telling you what to do and continuous improvement is acquired. Eco-Driving is becoming the new way of driving worldwide.
"Every driver can take advantage of their car's momentum to drastically increase their fuel efficiency with Momentum-Meter," the inventor said. "You will save 20% to up to 50% of fuel the very first time you use it”. To make it work for everyone, it had to be simple and visual. Momentum-Meter is very simple; just react to the device's lights to save fuel. “I personally save 48% but it still depends on the driver's skills and motivation.” concluded Delor. About GREEN TECHNOLOGY manufacturer
GREEN TECHNOLOGY manufacturer, located in Clearwater, Florida, is the developer and manufacturer of this long awaited new instrument for cars. The device uses simple visual cues to allow drivers to take advantage of the moving vehicle's momentum. It really does not matter if the vehicle uses gas, ethanol, or electricity or if the vehicle is a small or an eighteen wheelers. Retired ex-aeronautical engineer Tom Delor is the co-inventor, and patent attorney John Rizvi from Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: "When Tom presented me his work, I was skeptical because it was utterly simple and logical, thus I believed it’s not new. “It took thousands of years to put wheels on our luggage because nobody thought about it. Comparatively, nobody thought about showing the momentum of a moving vehicle until now”, replied Delor. With the energy crisis, necessity became the mother of all inventions and the United States Patent Office by issuing the patent confirmed that Momentum-Meter is a genuine new invention.

More information:
http://www.EasyEcoDriving.com
Contact: Jacqueline Correa
Account Executive
(937) BE-GREEN
DriveGreenmpg@gmail.com

Re: US eco:Drive available!

jvsgabriel
Ok, finally got the EcoDrive to work.  Have an apple pc, and had to go and get the free app called AppZapper.  Once I did that and completely wiped all remnants of the old Euro version, restarted (just in case it needed it), and then reloaded the new North American version on the computer.  After that it all went very smoothly.  Took about 8 minutes before all the data from the past month was uploaded in the ecodrive program.  But once there, it all worked.  I have an average of 65 ecopoints.  Not bad but thought I did better, must have been the frustration of not having the Ecodrive working.

But make sure to completely eradicate all traces of the Euro version from your computer.  This will keep it from working properly.

Joel
12