Tuning parts/options, availability & warranty concerns

Tuning parts/options, availability & warranty concerns

cinquecento
I'm curious about a few things related to tuning and the 500,

I know we've seen some Mopar-equipped demos here and there; will there be a full line of accessories?
Will they be dealer installed (presumably to avoid warranty voiding)? Of course I have no idea what the car will be like from the factory, but I could definitely see getting at very least a cold-air intake and cat-back exhaust, along with some 17" wheels and sticky summer tires for the warm season (I despise all-season tires, aka 'no-season')
398 -> 24

Re: Tuning parts/options, availability & warranty concerns

cinquecento wrote
I'm curious about a few things related to tuning and the 500,

I know we've seen some Mopar-equipped demos here and there; will there be a full line of accessories?
Will they be dealer installed (presumably to avoid warranty voiding)? Of course I have no idea what the car will be like from the factory, but I could definitely see getting at very least a cold-air intake and cat-back exhaust, along with some 17" wheels and sticky summer tires for the warm season (I despise all-season tires, aka 'no-season')

From what I understand there will be a full line of accessories (similar to what is done in Europe) for the cars. We'll have to wait to see how the details will be implemented.

By the way, Pietro Gorlier, President and Chief Executive Officer – MOPAR Service, Parts and Customer Care, is from Fiat Group in Italy where he  previously served as head of the Network and Owned Dealerships organization.  He has a strong background in customer care and service.

Re: Tuning parts/options, availability & warranty concerns

cinquecento wrote
I'm curious about a few things related to tuning and the 500,

I know we've seen some Mopar-equipped demos here and there; will there be a full line of accessories?
Will they be dealer installed (presumably to avoid warranty voiding)? Of course I have no idea what the car will be like from the factory, but I could definitely see getting at very least a cold-air intake and cat-back exhaust, along with some 17" wheels and sticky summer tires for the warm season (I despise all-season tires, aka 'no-season')
Here some more info from Fiat;

"...A full line of authentic Fiat 500 accessories by Mopar will offer customers even more personalization possibilities at their local Fiat dealership, including unique striping packages, exterior and interior styling accessories and authentic Fiat-styled merchandise."

Re: Tuning parts/options, availability & warranty concerns

sketch
According to Motor Trend's review, the Sport comes with summer tires, where the Pop and Lounge have all-seasons.  Since the Prima Edizione is basically a Sport (I'm so glad for that), we should be okay!

Re: Tuning parts/options, availability & warranty concerns

sjmst
The specs Chris just postd on the Blog says All Season even on the sport.

In any case, check out Tire Rack's wbsite. They have on their drop down menu 2012 Fiat 500!

Re: Tuning parts/options, availability & warranty concerns

CaliberSRT4
The Sport (and Prima) come with all-seasons as standard. But since Motor Trend mentioned they had summer tires, maybe there are optional summer tires (though not for the Prima, of course).

Re: Tuning parts/options, availability & warranty concerns

sjmst
Or maybe MT got it wrong?

Re: Tuning parts/options, availability & warranty concerns

From the spec sheet:

 Standard on 500 Sport:
Size and type 195/45R16XL BSW all-season
Mfr. and model Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S or Continental ContiProContact
Revs per mile (km) 901 (560) or 911 (566)

The car I drove had Pirelli tires and I think I remember seeing A/S on them.

Re: Tuning parts/options, availability & warranty concerns

5hundy
Tirerack already has the conti's as the OEM replacement.  Probably will add the Pirelli's soon enough.

Test drove a Countryman with the Pirelli's on it, grippy for an A/S tire.

Re: Tuning parts/options, availability & warranty concerns

jvsgabriel
Anyone know if there are any turbo kits for the car yet?  I know that the guys a Fiat 500 Madness, can't wait to get their car so they can start to make kits for them.  How many people here would get a turbo kit for the car, say it boosted the HP to about the Euro spec'd Abarth (135hp) and didn't void the warranty?  Shoot I'm just looking for other ways to boost the HP +10 hp or so, just want to have more hp than my wife's Honda Fit.

I know that Fiat 500 Madness also sells some sort of throttle device, which takes out the lag time from pushing down the pedal.  Which I hear makes the car "seem" faster, perhaps boosts the torque feeling up a bit?  Not sure, but if reports are true that LA will be the first Fiat shop to open up, then I'm taking a trip up north to see the Fiat500Madness guys and the LA store as well.

Joel #366

Re: Tuning parts/options, availability & warranty concerns

sjmst
Sounds great, but I bet that's a sure way to void the warranty.

Re: Tuning parts/options, availability & warranty concerns

jvsgabriel
I know for certain the turbo would.  The little read up on the throttle booster thing, said it was a plug and play device, which could be tuned for three levels of performance...Off, partial and super sensitivity.  Something like that.  The also said the booster thing wouldn't void the warranty as it was just adjusting for the lag, but it's like $300 or so.  Going to waiting on that one, and besides it doesn't actually boost Hp, it just "feels" like it.

Joel