Tow hitch

Mike S
I know it probably can't tow a small uhaul trailer (or maybe it can) but there are other types of racks that mount to a tow ball. They have them in Europe.

Re: Tow hitch

According to the spec sheet it says "not rated for trailer tow". But I know Europeans love to tow, so like you said, I'm sure there are tow kits in Europe. Now if they'll fit, that's another question.

Re: Tow hitch

Mike S
Yes, they have one. Didn't I see in the options posted here, a hitch mounter bike rack?

I think it is a gooseneck ball hitch with just two bolts.

Re: Tow hitch

Here's a link to a site

It's pretty cool.

Re: Tow hitch

Mike S
It will handle 1000kg or 2200 lbs..

That means I can put my old 500 on a trailer and tow it to shows with my new 500.

There are several Uhaul trailers that can be used if the gross weight is kept under 2200 lbs.

Re: Tow hitch

Jim McKenzie
Or I could tow either my Fiat X1/9 or my Fiat 850 Sport Spider.  (not both f course)   Each is under that weight.

Thanks this opens up a whole new set of thoughts...
1973 Fiat 850 Sport Spider
1977 Fiat X1/9