Sticky Speedometer on new 500 Sport ??

FiaM
2012 Fiat 500 Sport Sticky Speedometer Issue
Just purchased a new Fiat 500 Sport (North America) about 120 miles ago and had just noticed the concentric speedometer indicator ('needle') stuck at ~73mph when traveling around 30mph (as indicated via digital readout in the center of speedo/tach). When I got home and turned off the ignition it dropped to 70mph and stayed there. Upon turning the ignition back on (not starting the car), the speedometer moved/'jumped' down to ~63mph. I then turned the key to the no power position which dropped the 'needle' back to 60mph. Wasn't sure what to think of the drop down to 60mph. Next, something kind of puzzling happened... upon turning the key back to on/power, the speedometer dropped to 53 mph and then drops to 50mph when I turned back to the off position. Another exactly 10mph drop??? I did this ignition on and off sequence several times and the speedometer would decrease by 10mph each time (as if in some diagnostic mode) until it dropped under 0 and what would be the normal reading while the car is off. I then drove around and it stayed lined up with the digital readout as it should and now appears to work normally (although I haven't topped 45mph so far).
I hope this isn't a bad omen for North American Fiat 500s, but it seems like a glitch to me and will wait and see if this gets stuck again when cruising over 70 mph (if that is when it happened before??). Hopefully it isn't something faulty with the speedo/tach mechanism as it may require the dealership pulling the console. Not something I'd like the car to go through so early on.
Wanted to post to see if anyone has seen this in other forums including new European 500s. I haven't seen problems like this in my brief search. Thanks for any input!

Re: Sticky Speedometer on new 500 Sport ??

FiaM wrote
[...]

Hi FiaM, welcome to the forum!

I moved the forum to a new vBulletin site here: The NEW Fiat 500 USA Forum

Re-Post your question there and you'll get some input from our members.

I would just get your cluster replaced the next time you are in for service. The 500 is not difficult to disassemble, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Chris
Prima Edizione  29