Speed Bump, but not the concrete type

Pink Buddha
So, since I am not one to generally read the manual (or watch the DVD), I was pretty confused when I came across "Speed Bump" on the display when scrolling through the settings menu. I really had no idea what it could be. Feeling brash and adventurous, I selected "on."

I'll tell you what it is: it's the Fun Police. Otherwise know as the Mother Setting. lol! When tooling down the freeway later, I heard a chime. A quick glance at the display showed a message alerting me that I had exceeded the speed limit. After a brief trip down the "how does it know what the speed limit is?!?!" thought process, I remembered the setting change. Doh.

A brief revist to the menu showed that one can select different speed increments, or to turn it off completely. I've decided that a little extra alertness is never a bad thing, so I reset it at a more reasonable 70 MPH warning. Because I've been surprised a time or two to notice that I'm going much faster than I think.

Thus concludes today's public service announcement. Happy motoring.  :-D

I find myself driving a lot faster than I normally do in this car;)

Re: Speed Bump, but not the concrete type

ciddyguy
Fiat500USA wrote
Pink Buddha wrote
[...]

I can definitely see one zooming along at a considerably faster speed than would be normal in this car, it's that much fun to drive.

However, will I go any faster than I have gotten the old truck? Probably not much faster. On the freeway, I've been known to go past 85MPH and that's the top end of the speedo, now mind you, I don't keep it at that speed for long.

Re: Speed Bump, but not the concrete type

cogtooth
I find I will be spending more on tires and less on brakes.  I don't slow down nearly as much around curves.
Bianco Perla Sport

Re: Speed Bump, but not the concrete type

Giallo Edizione
My new radar detector and hardwiring set is due to arrive tomorrow....
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)