Sewing machine motor.....

SpidArman
Is it me or does my car sound more and more like a Singer sewing machine?  Maybe it's that I am driving the car every day now, or maybe it's the open window....  Sounds like it needs an old time valve adjustment.

Anyone else think so?

Arman
Prima Edizone #419 Rosso/Sunroof/EB Heater

Re: Sewing machine motor.....

sjmst
Interesting...thread...

Re: Sewing machine motor.....

A little noisy, but not as noisy as my GTV6! LOL

Just make sure you check your oil...

Re: Sewing machine motor.....

SpidArman wrote
Is it me or does my car sound more and more like a Singer sewing machine?  Maybe it's that I am driving the car every day now, or maybe it's the open window....  Sounds like it needs an old time valve adjustment.

Anyone else think so?

Arman
I've heard the motor idle and it DOES kind of sound like a sewing machine. Hondas used to do the same thing when idling and I'd just stand there listening to it run after an oil change, just to hear it sound much like a sewing machine and I should know, my Mom used to sew up a storm when she was younger, so much so she kind of burned herself out and now she's old enough to not be able to do it like she used to.

I rather like how this car sounds but yes, if you get a tappity type sound that is more than usual, check the oil level, Fiat says that a little bit of oil usage when brand new is normal and it'll settle down to no oil usage and stay that way until the car is several years old and had over 100K miles on it that it will eventually begin to use oil as the engine wears.