Protecting the PE Stripes?

jamesday24
While my PE is still new, is there something I should do to the black stripes to protect them from the sun and weather?  Thanks!
Bianco Prima Edizione 345 from Fields FIAT
Jim

Re: Protecting the PE Stripes?

Jim
they are likely to outlast the paint itself, I plan to do nothing, maybey peel them off, as I feel they are a cheap attempt at making the car look american.

Re: Protecting the PE Stripes?

sjmst
Jim wrote
they are likely to outlast the paint itself, I plan to do nothing, maybey peel them off, as I feel they are a cheap attempt at making the car look american.
Ditto. But in the meantime, I just spray car wax on the and buff. Look good.

Re: Protecting the PE Stripes?

Mike S
I'm going to remove them, bag them and store them in the freezer.

It will also help to keep people from stealing them.

Re: Protecting the PE Stripes?

sjmst
Mike S wrote
I'm going to remove them, bag them and store them in the freezer.

It will also help to keep people from stealing them.
Are you joking? Is that some method of preserving them?

Re: Protecting the PE Stripes?

AgentP
At the Costa Mesa CA dealership we saw some stripes that are NOT featured on the website - where on the PE it says "500"  they put the Fiat logo in black as part of the side stripes. I think it looks really cool, but husband thinks they are going to peel off and cause problems.  I dunno do pin stripes normally peel off? I've never had a car with them before.  For the extra $400 to add them on I'm thinking I might steer clear.

Re: Protecting the PE Stripes?

ciddyguy
AgentP wrote
At the Costa Mesa CA dealership we saw some stripes that are NOT featured on the website - where on the PE it says "500"  they put the Fiat logo in black as part of the side stripes. I think it looks really cool, but husband thinks they are going to peel off and cause problems.  I dunno do pin stripes normally peel off? I've never had a car with them before.  For the extra $400 to add them on I'm thinking I might steer clear.
If you've ever bought a car with the very thin pinstripes or had a Firebird or anything like that, likely it has decals similar to what's offered here and they seem to last and last and last with a modicum of care. The only thing that seems to go wrong is when the body gets repaired by the owner, it may or may not get a replacement stripe (depends on how old the car is, if more than a few years old, probably not, unless the owner is taking very good car of an older car an wants to keep it in showroom condition as much as possible).