Prima stripe or not? (and mirror color?)

Prima stripe or not? (and mirror color?)

FiatGal
If one opts out of the black stripe on the Prima, does that mean the mirrors will still be black or be body colored?

Re: Prima stripe or not? (and mirror color?)

Doodles
They'll still be black

Re: Prima stripe or not? (and mirror color?)

Minuszka
my understanding is that the vinyl can be removed from the mirror as well. It wouldn't look that good with the black mirrors. It should be the same removable material as the stripes.

Re: Prima stripe or not? (and mirror color?)

Gavin
Gloss black Painted roof and mirror...

I doubt the mirror is vinyl covered.

Likely painted to match the roof vs matching stripe

Gavin

Re: Prima stripe or not? (and mirror color?)

Minuszka
Gavin, those cars that are not Primas and have the black roof ( open or not ) all have body colored mirrors, not black. The mirrors get black on Primas, due to the vinyl stripe.

Re: Prima stripe or not? (and mirror color?)

Gavin
I was just quoting the Prima specs from Fiat...

Gloss Black painted roof and mirrors...no other 500 has a gloss black roof other than the prima as far as I know.

I would be a bit surprised if the mirrors are vinyl vs painted...but I could easily be wrong.

Gavin

Re: Prima stripe or not? (and mirror color?)

MrJones
The non-Prima cars all have black mirrors on the lower part (according to the photo representation on the ciaofiat build-your-own site). I'd be totally surprised if it was just vinyl/decal

The discussion is mainly about the larger, top part of the mirror. You're right, the lower part is black.

Re: Prima stripe or not? (and mirror color?)

Minuszka
The discussion is mainly about the larger, top part of the mirror. You're right, the lower part is black.

Re: Prima stripe or not? (and mirror color?)

Gavin
Do any cars other than the Black 500 and Primas have a black roof?? All are, to my knowledge, body color. The only semi black roofs are glass roofs and sunroofs...but the back part of those roofs are still body colored.

As with all things Prima, time will tell.

Gavin